No Deep Black Paint after 1.11

• Thread starter Dudeman
  • 56 comments
Canada
Addicted2Boost
GTI8VT
This may not matter to a lot of people, but I noticed I can no longer get a deep black paint from the livery editor after 1.11.
This drives me nuts as I use it a lot. I am not afraid of color, I just feel certain cars look amazing in a Deep gloss black paint.

If anyone knows a way to do this please share here so others can enjoy this again.

Did it change the color on cars that were already painted or can you just not find that color for new paint schemes?

It was a glitch as far as I know. When you went into the color picker it would start you on the white. You would just scroll down to the bottom and click the ok button. it then exits you out, you then go back in and a deep black paint would be sitting in the color history. Click on it and you were good to go.

I'm guessing this is not with regards to "Special paint" chips, rather standard color; which wasn't deep black to me anyway tbh. I'm surprised there isn't a black special chip yet; yes I know technically, black and white are not colors! :-P

Gran_Turismo_SPORT_20180126181306.jpg

Gran_Turismo_SPORT_20180126181329.jpg

Gran_Turismo_SPORT_20180126181444.jpg

I'm guessing this is not with regards to "Special paint" chips, rather standard color; which wasn't deep black to me anyway tbh. I'm surprised there isn't a black special chip yet; yes I know technically, black and white are not colors! :-P

If you youtube gt sport black paint glitch 1.10 you can see how it was done, very easy.
Now no longer working.

I wasn’t aware of this glitch, but I wish that I could have used it before PD patched the method. In GT5, someone made a hybrid Ford GT ‘06 for me with Vantablack (Zero reflections came off the paint) as the base color, and stripes in the black paint from the dealership. At certain angles the base and stripes would blend in, but then could be seen again from another direction. It was a unique look and I want to replicate it in GT Sport.

Dan
I wasn’t aware of this glitch, but I wish that I could have used it before PD patched the method. In GT5, someone made a hybrid Ford GT ‘06 for me with Vantablack (Zero reflections came off the paint) as the base color, and stripes in the black paint from the dealership. At certain angles the base and stripes would blend in, but then could be seen again from another direction. It was a unique look and I want to replicate it in GT Sport.
Yea this sucks, I used it all the time and want it back!

Hopefully they'll add it in the Mileage Exchance, blacks is the one colour we seem to be really lacking, a good jet black and a proper matte black would be fantastic (assuming we haven't had them already and I just missed them).

I did not see a thread about this ? Too bad I missed this. Hope the deep black will come as a special colour in the mileage store !

I did not see a thread about this ? Too bad I missed this. Hope the deep black will come as a special colour in the mileage store !
Perhaps that was always the intention to have it in the mileage exchange sometime but maybe this colour glitched it’s way into the livery editor.

I came here to see about this, thank you for the information. Where there is a will there is a way I'm hoping.

Why do you guys tell me this AFTER its patched? :D

Could it be that a pure black color can cause issues somehow to games in general? In GTA it's also a "hidden" color, just like pure white. Wouldn't know why game developpers want to keep these colors away from users

I wouldn't classify it as pure black like Vanta black with no reflection from GT5, more of a deep gloss black.

It's interesting how detailed this game is as a whole but they don't have something as simple as a Black color.

I AM SOOOOOOOOOO CONFUSED!!! :lol:

Another interesting thing is that they have patched the Color Picker bug. But they didn't even bother to give us a Black color for this update either. I mean, why can't we have a Black color in this game?

AGAIN, I AM SOOOOOOOO CONFUSED!!! :lol:

Dan

Still easy to do, paint the car all over with the gloss black, then use decals over the entire car except where you want the stripes. Then select the decal texture of matte. Not perfect black, but close.

I didn’t know about that glitch, however experienced a odd one trying to stripe the viper gts. The good wouldn’t get covered all the way with decals, and the roof generated odd curves with decals running length wise.

I wasn’t aware of this, but this other issue really disturb me. When you create a new livery for a car you want to paint it in a specific color, all parts got painted in that tone. There are some black matte or carbon fiber parts of the original car that got painted the color you choose.

Why they don't let us allow to leave those "other parts" with the original color or texture? Is there any trick to do it? This issue really went to light when I was customizing the Countach. Now with the Diablo GT it will erase some carbon fiber bits and use the color you choosed instead. I think that's not right at all. Some comparison examples since I wanted to paint the Diablo GT in orange but wanted the carbon fiber texture to remain, but it was not posible. I don'y know if you can see the carbon texture in the yellow one but it's there.
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180127213352.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180127214133.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180127213417.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180127214149.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180127214313.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180127214203.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180127213541.jpg
Gran Turismo™SPORT_20180127213726.jpg

This really needs to come back. Why would PD remove this? We've seen all the paints available (from the de-bug menu) and there is no "Deep Black" like colour available, so why keep it from us? I'm tired of painting my car black and it looking grey in the sun!

I can guess, and say it's to keep the lighting engine happy? Or if it's not that, maybe it's to bring in some custom paints with that feature. No idea really though.

They do say to not put deep black onto custom liveries because it will look trash in game, same goes for very white-white. But that was very old PC race-sims.

I can guess, and say it's to keep the lighting engine happy? Or if it's not that, maybe it's to bring in some custom paints with that feature. No idea really though.

They do say to not put deep black onto custom liveries because it will look trash in game, same goes for very white-white. But that was very old PC race-sims.

I still have my deep black cars and they look amazing in game, replays, photos etc.

It's no different from Nero DS 1250 on the Ferrari, a very similar colour to deep black on solid.

1baa749c67622eef0df4cea4f40f9036--red-heads-ferrari-f.jpg

Now it's impossible to replicate a colour like this in GT Sport :(

The blackest black in Sport reminds of a slightly darker Slate Grey.

14677421_301186803600131_5773204007451361280_n.jpg

I still have my deep black cars and they look amazing in game, replays, photos etc.

It's no different from Nero DS 1250 on the Ferrari, a very similar colour to deep black on solid.

1baa749c67622eef0df4cea4f40f9036--red-heads-ferrari-f.jpg

Now it's impossible to replicate a colour like this in GT Sport :(

The blackest black in Sport reminds of a slightly darker Slate Grey.

14677421_301186803600131_5773204007451361280_n.jpg
Glad I painted all my favorite cars.

Back