Ferrari's 4 Pillars for Future Cars

Antarctica
TRAPPIST-1g
ProjectWHaT
Ferrari recently revealed their 4 major pillars for future development

Sport
mid-engine supercar

Here's the new architecture for the 488 replacement

Next car will be a hybrid V8 (or V6) and then there'll be a hybrid V12 supercar. The supercar will be like the LaFerrari but cheaper.
"60% of Ferraris will be hybrids by 2022."

GT

grand touring cars (such as the GTC4 Lusso)

The architecture for these:

The Ferrari SUV, although the CEO claims it is not a SUV, has been confirmed. It'll be called Purosangue, or "Thoroughbred".

Special
More track focused cars in the future, such as the last 458 Speciale and current 488 Pista

Icona
These "icon" cars will be designed as throwbacks to older cars. The first Icona is the Monza SP1 and SP2
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...he-upcoming-ferrari-monza-sp1-and-sp2.381790/

Ferrari+Monza+SP1

I can already hear the Tifosi racing for their pitchforks and torches at the mention of an SUV with a V6 in it. BLASPHEMY!!!

Seriously though, interesting preview of what to expect in the next few years.

Which category does the LaFerrari replacement fall into? Or is that a separate thing all together? Or is the "Icon" category a replacement for their halo car? The profit margins of a Ferrari suv must have become too big to ignore.

Which category does the LaFerrari replacement fall into? Or is that a separate thing all together? Or is the "Icon" category a replacement for their halo car? The profit margins of a Ferrari suv must have become too big to ignore.
these plans are for until 2022 and the LaFerrari replacement will come after that according to the Jalopnik article that was posted a few minutes ago.

https://jalopnik.com/the-ferrari-purosangue-will-be-modenas-first-crossover-1829148011

Also, 15 new cars from now until 2022.

Special most likely. Icona will be something what the SP program is with those cars having “throwback” designs to old Ferrari’s.

It's gonna be great watching all the die-hard fans getting so angry over the fact that there's going to be an SUV when literally every other manufacturer of high end automobiles are looking to cash in on the trend. If recent rumours are to be believed, not even Bugatti is holding back from the super-SUV development.

Last edited:
So that leaves... who, exactly? That's everyone now, outside of the tiny marques like Pagani. It held out longer than it did for the manual transmission.

Good on Ferrari. The Tifosi will whine then shortly fall into line when they realize this sort of move adds money for the good stuff.

So that leaves... who, exactly? That's everyone now, outside of the tiny marques like Pagani. It held out longer than it did for the manual transmission.

Good on Ferrari. The Tifosi will whine then shortly fall into line when they realize this sort of move adds money for the good stuff.
Plus the SUV will most likely not be seen outside China anyway*, so it's not like they have to worry about one showing up in person to personally offend their delicate senses.

*aside from the inevitable sultan or eccentric billionaire who throws a giant bag of money at Ferrari to have a bespoke one for their collection, of course.

It's gonna be great watching all the die-hard fans getting so angry over the fact that there's going to be an SUV when literally every other manufacturer of high end automobiles are looking to cash in on the trend. If recent rumours are to be believed, not even Bugatti is holding back from the super-SUV development.
Those in charge need to respect the marque and thus Enzo Ferrari. A Ferrari with the word utility in it's name is a travesty.

Those in charge need to respect the marque and thus Enzo Ferrari. A Ferrari with the word utility in it's name is a travesty.

It's probably good "utility" isn't in the name, then. Only in the description. :P

This is a marque that already sells a four-seater hatchback with all-wheel drive and an auto-only transmission. Raising the ride height a bit isn't far removed from that.

Enzo also once said "aerodynamics are for those that can't build engines." The man's impact on the automotive world is undeniable, but he also died over three decades ago. We're fast approaching a point in time where the brand has existed for as long without him as it did with. Times change — and crucially, this isn't an either/or situation. The Puro will exist alongside the existing models.

Bugatti doesn’t have the means right now and they’ve stated before what their brand represents. They’re the last major manufacturer I expect with a SUV any time soon.

Question: what percentage of people complaining about a Ferrari SUV can afford one? Strictly asking this in the name of science.

Also, I'm kinda having fun imagining a Pagani SUV.....

Question: what percentage of people complaining about a Ferrari SUV can afford one? Strictly asking this in the name of science.

Also, I'm kinda having fun imagining a Pagani SUV.....

A lot of Ferrari fans are traditional and people are resistant to change.

Im no fan of suvs what can you do money talks.

I envision a slightly larger Stelvio Quadrifoglio with a cross-plane 488 engine and design language from the GTC4Lusso (I hope, I hope, I hope) translated to suit...and that doesn't bother me one bit.

I dont understand what the problem with an Ferrari SUV is. I dont get why they kind of insist it wont be a traditional SUV either. This is the next logical step after the GTC4, in fact, it makes even more sense as a practical, luxury Ferrari then he Lusso. This thing will be very popular, not only in China, but everywhere else too where people buy Ferraris. As long as they will still build super sportscars like the V8 line, everything will be just fine.

I dont understand what the problem with an Ferrari SUV is.
SUV's are considered as catering to the mainstream, and the idea that a super-exclusive manufacturer like Ferrari would "sell out" and make an SUV tends to rub the hardcore fans the wrong way. Mostly the same people who try to handwave away the California as being "not a real Ferrari" for a variety of shallow reasons (but mostly because people who aren't oil barons or media moguls can potentially own one).

After all, look how Porsche was ruined when all the filthy casuals came in and started buying Cayennes, amiright :rolleyes:

SUV's are considered as catering to the mainstream, and the idea that a super-exclusive manufacturer like Ferrari would "sell out" and make an SUV tends to rub the hardcore fans the wrong way. Mostly the same people who try to handwave away the California as being "not a real Ferrari" for a variety of shallow reasons (but mostly because people who aren't oil barons or media moguls can potentially own one).

After all, look how Porsche was ruined when all the filthy casuals came in and started buying Cayennes, amiright :rolleyes:

I like how people that complain about it probably aren't even in the position to buy a Ferrari to begin with.

But really, an SUV will print money for the company and allow them to develop and build even crazier supercars.

The SUV thing is a no-brainer. Porsche did it, Ferrari will do it. The Cayenne has made Porsche billions. The same thing is what Ferrari hopes for. If they price it near the 100-200k mark, it should be an immediate hit. Maybe that helps the company float more racing activities than f1. I hope. Ferrari in a racing series adds serious prestige and viewership.

SUV's are considered as catering to the mainstream, and the idea that a super-exclusive manufacturer like Ferrari would "sell out" and make an SUV tends to rub the hardcore fans the wrong way.
A rather obvious flaw in that sort of logic is the fact that Lamborghini production figures for 2017 were approximately half that of Ferrari, making them the more exclusive brand, and they've managed to beat the ornery nag to the punch with their Urus.

A rather obvious flaw in that sort of logic is the fact that Lamborghini production figures for 2017 were approximately half that of Ferrari, making them the more exclusive brand, and they've managed to beat the ornery nag to the punch with their Urus.
Fortunately, the tifosi have erected a nearly impenetrable Reality Distortion Field which repels all logic. I hear they licensed the technology from Apple's fanbase. :D

But yeah, if there's any one constant in the automotive world, it's that it gets very hard to make people shake their preconceived notions about (car model/brand/country of origin), even when facts are staring them in the face.

To be fair the real Porsche snobs hated it when non die hard Porsche fans could get into the brand with an SUV.
For that reason alone I appreciate Porsche adding it. Nothing is worse than brand snobbery ******** by people who probably don't even track their cars. Good on Ferrari also. Please just don't add a Front-wheel drive platform like BMW ended up eventually. Caus that is the path of your brand to Hundai/Volkswagen etc..

I like how people that complain about it probably aren't even in the position to buy a Ferrari to begin with.

But really, an SUV will print money for the company and allow them to develop and build even crazier supercars.
And this is why Ferrari stopped caring about the manuals. The diehards who believe a car should be built a certain 1970s way are nowhere in the market to support the brand and don’t realize a manufacturer has to follow where the money is. And right now, the SUV market is still a good place to be.

And Ferrari is going to make an absolute killing with a SUV. For one, they’re “late” to the game, & that’s going to force all those who may currently own Urus, Bentaygas, Cullians on order etc to potentially reconsider dropping them. Ferrari is also going to gouge those who want on the exclusive lists, so for anyone who may want a 812 TDF (or whatever), dealers will be able to push the SUV on them to show Ferrari they’re loyal to the brand. There’s just so many ways Ferrari can move a SUV outside name plate alone that unless it just looks god awful, it’s already a success.

The SUV thing is a no-brainer. Porsche did it, Ferrari will do it. The Cayenne has made Porsche billions. The same thing is what Ferrari hopes for. If they price it near the 100-200k mark, it should be an immediate hit. Maybe that helps the company float more racing activities than f1. I hope. Ferrari in a racing series adds serious prestige and viewership.
I would rather have a Mercedes SUV than a Ferrari SUV if I had 100k.

I wonder if they would be building an SUV if they hadn't done their IPO in 2015. Their share price has gone from $56 to $137 in that time. Surely they are under pressure to show revenue growth and an SUV seems like the perfect vehicle to deliver it.

Back