2020 Nissan GT-R (50th Anniversary, NISMO + others)

• Thread starter CodeRedR51
  • 33 comments

CodeRedR51

Premium
United States
United States
https://www.carscoops.com/2019/04/2...iconic-bayside-blue-for-its-50th-anniversary/

• New turbochargers (same power)
  • Titanium muffler
  • Revised brake booster, steering
  • Track Edition now includes NISMO drivetrain and brakes.

50th Anniversary with Bayside Blue making a comeback:

74affdb4-2020-nissan-gt-r-50th-ann-23.jpg

699d3790-2020-nissan-gt-r-50th-ann-26.jpg

NISMO:

https://www.carscoops.com/2019/04/2...er-and-hopefully-even-more-exciting-to-drive/

• Revised turbochargers (same power)
  • Carbon galore + other weight savings = 30kg lighter
  • Revised suspension
  • New, wider Dunlop tires
  • Lighter, stronger Rays wheels
5ee03295-2020-nissan-gt-r-19.jpg

631a9d8c-2020-nissan-gt-r-22.jpg

Beautiful color! The stripes and the "50th Anniversary" in the back look kinda ricey. The wheel on the Nismo though... Gorgeous!

Beautiful car. If you ever come to Tokyo you have to visit Nissan's showroom in Yokohoma. You get to spend as much time as you like inside or outside the car.

I love that color. But I really dislike the facelift R35, I'd rather have an early 2007-2010 model and repaint it than get this one. I'd probably save over 50k, too.

Does anyone know if the R33 GTR-LM is making any other stops in the US? In particular, near Baltimore? Had I known this was going to be in NY, I would’ve made plans.

This car is a BIG deal to me. It’s the first car you see in GT1 (intro video) and the “last” car that you earn. Here I thought I would have to make a pilgrimage to Japan to see it and then it just shows up 3 hours away... but with Easter weekend coming up, so no chance to break away randomly for a day.

In got in touch with Nissan via facebook. Corporate got back to me and this is what they said:

“We appreciate your enthusiasm for the GTR-LM. Unfortunately, these Dream Garage vehicles will not be traveling to any other locations in the US.”

I can understand them making only one stop on the East coast (unfortunate for me), but I’m really surprised the “Dream Garage” is not making a stop on the West coast. I know there is a very strong following for imports on the West coast and to not stop in at least LA seems shortsighted.

I suppose it makes sense the cars will be returning to Japan. The other big name auto shows in the US are Detroit and LA and those are close to a year away. These cars were brought in to celebrate the unveilings of the GTR and the Z, and they’d well into owners’ hands by those shows’ dates.

It’s awesome enough Nissan brought them, though for 2 special editions. Those seem like cars that would appear for an all new generation.

I actually love the Bayside Blue and the other blue accents. Not just because blue is my favorite color, but it looks stylish along with the rest of the car. I'd be sold on this car if you give me the NISMO spec and colored in Bayside Blue. I like this car.

Love the 50th Anniversary with Bayside Blue! Shame it is getting taxed to death where I live.

Would love to see the R33 GT-R LM! I have seen a dark blue 400R, that was great. :drool:

I've come to really like the GT-R, but my lord has it become expensive. I think it's a tough sell over the NSX for the higher level trims. Doesn't seem like either car is finding many buyers lately.

Back