DiRT Rally 2.0 Version 1.7 Now Available: VR Support, DirtFish and More

Well I for one am hugely dissapointed they don't even have plans for a PSVR version. DIRT PSVR was by a country mile my favourite PSVR racer. Love DIRT2 but no VR after the first one getting me hooked seems like a massive backwards step. Probably not enough power for their latest engine I'd imagine. Meh.

Oh wow this is perfect timing and a weird coincidence! I bought 2.0 awhile ago (around launch maybe?) figuring I'd play it one day but was waiting for VR support. Then I forgot about it.

Fast forward to now, my Index just arrived today and I had given up on them adding VR support to this game so that's a pleasant surprise.

Surely PS VR is left out due to the lack of power with the consoles this late in the generation. A bummer, but I can understand that. Hopefully we will see this game added with a PS5 upgrade (rumor is ps4 games are all compatible) and PS VR2 compatibility, etc.

As an aside, I love this game, but why oh why did they make the decision to have liveries displayed with a tiny photo from a corner angle look at the cars? I know it's a minor issue but it annoys me. I just can't believe anyone thought that was a good idea; you know, to not be able to see your car livery while selecting it? :banghead:

Time to buy Dirt Rally 2!

I told myself that GTS VR didn't ruin 'pancake mode' for me, but gosh VR is the only sim-racing I have done in over 1.5 years :lol:

Wow. I’m glad I didn’t buy it.

I know GTS doesn’t have full VR support either, but I race in bumper cam. With Dirt Rally, it was meant to be played in VR.

No PSVR... This is sad. I hope that PS5 will have better VR racing selection. :(
The PS4 probably doesn’t have the horsepower to run VR properly. They tried it with Dirt Rally 1 and the graphics would’ve probably even made rFactor laugh

I stumbled upon a Dirtfish livery last night by chance and assumed it was always a part of the game, then I saw Dirtfish banners on some stages and started getting suspicious. I did not, however, find the test drive area so that's a surprise to see again. Happy the game is still being supported, though, and I would gladly pay for Season 3 DLC.

Can we race Dirtfish with anycar we own? Also if we are offline?

For now it's only in My Team, so you have to be connected to RaceNet. It will be added to Freeplay in the future.

You can use any car you own, and I think you can also test cars that you don't own, since it's part of the "Test Drive" feature of My Team.

The PS4 probably doesn’t have the horsepower to run VR properly. They tried it with Dirt Rally 1 and the graphics would’ve probably even made rFactor laugh

The graphics on DIRT Rally actually hold up really well on PSVR. Especially on the Pro. Maybe with the new engine for the sequel it was too much though.

The graphics on DIRT Rally actually hold
up really well on PSVR. Especially on the Pro. Maybe with the new engine for the sequel it was too much though.
That and I heard that even on the high end PC, you must reduce the graphic quality settings from ultra to medium to make it work.

Console graphics isnt exactly at ultra settings so you can imagine how much it'll be a downgrade. I meant Driveclub reduces the graphics very significantly and GTSport only supports up to 1 AI cars.

PS5 could be supporting PSVR much more seamlessly I hope due to its overhead specs.

How's the Steam VR version of this game now? Is it still inferior to the Oculus Store version or is it working well? Or has anyone found workarounds to make the Steam version run smoother? I'm considering purchasing but if only the Oculus version runs well I'll probably pass because none of the DLC is available for the Oculus version.

How's the Steam VR version of this game now? Is it still inferior to the Oculus Store version or is it working well? Or has anyone found workarounds to make the Steam version run smoother? I'm considering purchasing but if only the Oculus version runs well I'll probably pass because none of the DLC is available for the Oculus version.
Next week update 1.9 including Oculus SDK for Steam. see patch notes of PJ Tierney --> https://forums.codemasters.com/topic/42848-dirt-rally-20-patch-notes/

Latest Posts

Back