---

• Thread starter Miskaroni
  • 6 comments
Finland
Finland
Everyone knows that the update to GT Sport wasn't big. GTPlanet though, thinks the best thing to do is try to bait you to go to their site via their emails..

Of course the update didn't make the cut, as it wasn't the "big" update they said.

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    3 KB · Views: 37
  • Capture1.PNG
    Capture1.PNG
    6 KB · Views: 36
The GT Sport update didn't make the cut because it landed four hours after the newsletter email was finalised. The ACC update was a major update; whether the GT Sport one was or not depends on whether you're into your online racing, or have been affected by the DWG bug.

Not sure what's "scammy" about it. You can opt out of the free emails that show you all of the news content and hot threads of the previous day which you also can view for free any time you like, and there's nothing compelling you to visit the site.

As someone who has spent their entire day fighting actual scammers who have attacked our online store with a flood of fraudulent transactions for the past 24 hours, you picked the wrong day to use that kind of language against me and my site.

The newsletters must be written and approved daily at midnight, Eastern Time, before they start sending at 7:45AM the next morning. When I wrote the subject line and opening paragraph, I had no idea what would be in the GT Sport update. (You can read the documentation of our email provider yourself.)

In hindsight, no, I should not have written the title in a way that implies GT Sport's update could be "big". That was my mistake. I got carried away thinking about the ACC update and lost focus while rushing to finish drafting the newsletter's title before the midnight deadline. I sometimes get careless and forget that the mistake of suggesting a video game update is more significant than it turns out to be is grounds for having my ethics and the integrity of my livelihood drawn into question.

As someone who has spent their entire day fighting actual scammers who have attacked our online store with a flood of fraudulent transactions for the past 24 hours, you picked the wrong day to use that kind of language against me and my site.

The newsletters must be written and approved daily at midnight, Eastern Time, before they start sending at 7:45AM the next morning. When I wrote the subject line and opening paragraph, I had no idea what would be in the GT Sport update. (You can read the documentation of our email provider yourself.)

In hindsight, no, I should not have written the title in a way that implies GT Sport's update could be "big". That was my mistake. I got carried away thinking about the ACC update and lost focus while rushing to finish drafting the newsletter's title before the midnight deadline. I sometimes get careless and forget that the mistake of suggesting a video game update is more significant than it turns out to be is grounds for having my ethics and the integrity of my livelihood drawn into question.

Sorry, didn't mean to offend. It just seemed that another site has gone down a bad path. Seems that I was wrong, and glad to see that.
Have a good day.

The GT Sport update didn't make the cut because it landed four hours after the newsletter email was finalised. The ACC update was a major update; whether the GT Sport one was or not depends on whether you're into your online racing, or have been affected by the DWG bug.

Not sure what's "scammy" about it. You can opt out of the free emails that show you all of the news content and hot threads of the previous day which you also can view for free any time you like, and there's nothing compelling you to visit the site.

The fact that it suggested that the update was big (which it wasn't), and that it requires you to go to the site to see it to reveal a small update is what seemed a bit "scammy", don't know a better word for it. Jordan did clear it up already though.

The fact that it suggested that the update was big (which it wasn't), and that it requires you to go to the site to see it to reveal a small update is what seemed a bit "scammy", don't know a better word for it. Jordan did clear it up already though.

Might be a good idea to change the thread title, then.

Back