3D?

  • Thread starter Thread starter Zolon32
  • 11 comments
  • 841 views
Messages
1,881
United Kingdom
England
Messages
Zolon32
I think it was the latest update which brought us a feature which implied that GT6 can now be played in 3D as long as you have a 3D telly of course. Really?

It seems a bit far fetched to me, and I would have expected it to have been massive news if it was true.

Fellas, save me wasting my money on a 3D TV and put me right.

Cheers, Zo.
 
Um, you are asking if GT6 has in fact 3D functionality? If that is your question then yes it does.
 
Thanks for your prompt response Pyrates.

I realise that this marks me out as a computer doofuss, because I am, but does that mean that if I bought a 3D TV, stuck my glasses on, fired up my copy of GT6 and went to a racing room I would see the picture in 3D, just as you do when viewing a 3D cinema production?

Cheers, Zo.
 
Yes, it would.
 
Thanks for your prompt response Pyrates.

I realise that this marks me out as a computer doofuss, because I am, but does that mean that if I bought a 3D TV, stuck my glasses on, fired up my copy of GT6 and went to a racing room I would see the picture in 3D, just as you do when viewing a 3D cinema production?

Cheers, Zo.

Yep exactly. The quality is not the best though. You get some jaggies at times.
 
Thanks for that fellas, I have a dilemma now. How to sell the grandkids toys etc in order to fund the TV without the wife finding out. I'm going to have to give this some thought.

Cheers, Zo.
 
If you have a friend with a 3D TV take your PS3 with GT6 to him and try it out first. I tried it once and never again as the effect is rather meh and it hurts my eyes after a while so it isn't suitable for longer races. But then again I am not really fond of 3D in movies either.
 
Good advice Pyrates, I can't think of anyone at the moment to be honest, but good advice all the same.

I might even pop into my local electronics store with my PS3. If they've got wifi set up and they smell a sale they might let me have a go.

Cheers, Zo.
 
Good advice Pyrates, I can't think of anyone at the moment to be honest, but good advice all the same.

I might even pop into my local electronics store with my PS3. If they've got wifi set up and they smell a sale they might let me have a go.

Cheers, Zo.

Yeah definitely try to do that before you invest in a 3D TV.
 
Good advice Pyrates, I can't think of anyone at the moment to be honest, but good advice all the same.

I might even pop into my local electronics store with my PS3. If they've got wifi set up and they smell a sale they might let me have a go.

Cheers, Zo.
GT6's 3D is not worth buying a 3D TV for. You will be extremely disappointed if you do. The effect is minimal and like pointed out there are a ton of jaggies and the overall image quality took a hit. 3D in GT5 is a much better experience.
 
Current 3D technology sucks anyway, it decreases response times for the image, and gives you a mild effect. Complete marketing gimmick. The fact you need glasses blows too, save yourself the money.
 
Thanks for the advice fellas, if it's worse in GT6 than it was in GT5 then it must really suck. I remember going to an electronics shop where they had a demo video running. The shots in the garage were stunning, perfectly crisp and so deep you felt like you could step into them. Then it showed the racing effect, and it just looked fuzzy, less than 5 percent as good as the pre-set footage.

I do hope I see fully effective 3D gameplay before I shuffle off, I'll be one pee'd off bloke if I don't. (Few years left in me yet though.)

Cheers, Zo.

Oh, and the wife did catch me sneaking out with a sack full of the grandkids toys.........................
 
Back