3k Drag racing (Tut, Differences)

• Thread starter OgCoke
  • 20 comments
United States
Boston, MA
OgCoke
Waveyyy
I'm finally registered into GTplanet,
and get to explain in depth, what 3k really is.

Just like any other drag strip, flipping a box should apply to anyones tune (More than often) There are plenty of Youtube videos that show you how to Flip a transmission, not that i can vouch for but for the most part accurate enough to learn from. For 3k drags, which take place at Route X, you want a tune that can pick up off the line, demonstrate performance of the vehicle throughout the race, and hold a reasonable amount of top end to finish it off. Some people Tune for Mid range (Acceleration in every gear with minimal Top end) And some people tune for mild Mid range with excellent Top end. This not only proves how much power you can dish out of your car, but how fast your tune is willing to do it. Suspension plays a giant role in 9/10 of the vehicles in game on a drag strip, make sure yours works for your tune. There are some cars out there in which you will find the suspension being 70% of the tune, i will let you figure that out the hard way.

This is my favorite way of demonstrating car performance and tuning abilities in a straight line. Some would say, why would you wanna go that fast in a Honda, or whats the point of taking my Evo that far, it loses power. well isn't that the point? to push down 200+ Off NOS, and 240+ on it? Or would you rather see who can let their E-brake button go first?

I see many 1/4 mile tuners along with circuit racers stating ridiculous excuses on why they don't want to run 3k. Thats fine, nobody is asking you to. I run 3k, 1/4mile, and i can even give you a good run around the Nurburgring, i refuse to limit myself to one of the above. I get so tired sometimes that i even drift. Welcome yourselves to the world of 3000 Meter drag racing and enjoy the speed for it lasts more than 10 seconds :gtpflag:

Last edited:
No one lives their life 3 thousand meters at a time though.. 3 k is goin to be the only running for FF cars with this last update so I will be around

No one lives their life 3 thousand meters at a time though.. 3 k is goin to be the only running for FF cars with this last update so I will be around

I believe FF cars can go a long way, especially around the Ring. So 3k will not be their only home. As for 3k, i live my life 3k at a time lol, to each his own.

I believe FF cars can go a long way, especially around the Ring. So 3k will not be their only home. As for 3k, i live my life 3k at a time lol, to each his own.

OGgAY!!!! LMFAO!!!!!!!!! Tell 'em whats right! Bring 'em to the light outside the tunnel of ROUTE X!

I haven't been on GT6 much lately. But, as for 1/4 drags to 3k drags. Against the best of them. 3k has been a great challenge! I tune for 3k an 1/4. Both are fun, lots to learn.
Hopefully within next few weeks maybe, I'll be back in game! (A mate is just borrowing it atm)

Nice thread Og! I like 3 k because is a new challenge for the pro tuners! I had a 3 k room yesterday with my boys and we tuned a RX7 02! it was fun. a fast 3 k FF is a Toyota TRD Celica, it will kill. dc5s!

the reason why i quitted drag racing in gt6 is why each user's car has different potential.. for example my GTR 12' was faster in any way than my friend's GTR 12' with exactly the same setup... and thats crazy.. although i was a great and much appreciated tuner in GT5 with the top 4wd and FF tunes.... if PD makes sth about this i would be glad to make a come back at GT6

the reason why i quitted drag racing in gt6 is why each user's car has different potential.. for example my GTR 12' was faster in any way than my friend's GTR 12' with exactly the same setup... and thats crazy.. although i was a great and much appreciated tuner in GT5 with the top 4wd and FF tunes.... if PD makes sth about this i would be glad to make a come back at GT6

Bruh.. sorry to tell you, but this game is a simulation towards a new physic experience... PD don't care about drag racers.. think about it.. all the series.. when did they have a drag strip?

Expect no change towards the drag community.. sadly but true.

Bruh.. sorry to tell you, but this game is a simulation towards a new physic experience... PD don't care about drag racers.. think about it.. all the series.. when did they have a drag strip?

I couldn't agree more my friend that's why I have started grip racing since GT5 cause I knew that was coming

Im pretty sure GT4 had a drag strip.
Gt4_drag_strip.jpg

Its a fictional track, based on the Vegas Strip, that was in GT4.

I havent played GT6 in a few days.. Ima be out the city for a few weeks for work. As for a drag strip, just like in real life, we continue to find our way of making it work. We will find a track with a straight and call it a drag strip lol.

Back