3rd Annual GTPlanet Bathurst 12 Hour

• Thread starter AJ
  • 478 comments
This room has been up for half an hour with no issues at all. There's 5 of us now (me, Adventuruss, StormPacer17, HarskGaming96 and Glen-Alz-81).

No issues.

AJ
Following a discussion with the Team Mangers, the race has been canceled due to the PSN issues we are facing.

The rest of the Season has been put on hold until further notice.
That's very sad to hear.

I hope that the PSN issues get sorted out and that the season can be resumed. 👍

Personally I don't believe this to be a PSN issue, every other game I play doesn't seem to have the issues we see on GT6. Its got to be a PD server issue. When did they last run server maintenance? With GT Sport incoming at some stage, it makes sense to think that GT6 is no longer a priority for them. Hence the issues we are having.

Personally I don't believe this to be a PSN issue, every other game I play doesn't seem to have the issues we see on GT6. Its got to be a PD server issue. When did they last run server maintenance? With GT Sport incoming at some stage, it makes sense to think that GT6 is no longer a priority for them. Hence the issues we are having.
image.png
Click on image to enlarge. This is from my phone, and my Facebook messenger.

I don't have any problems on other games, it's only GT6 when problems start to arise.

Desperate attempts to keep their image alive.

I don't have any problems on other games, it's only GT6 when problems start to arise.

Desperate attempts to keep their image alive.
Yeah, while I disagree that it's affecting all games it certainly is not a GT-only problem. Project CARS has had this same problem and their replies on Twitter also confirm that the issue lies with PSN. Both games are peer-to-peer networked.

About the room, my system decided to lag out and go really slowly so I had to reset. I haven't DC'd so the room doesn't have a problem. Don't worry. :)

PC has similar problems on PS4

Its not just PD, between 6pm and 10pm GMT Saturday nights only I really don't dare to try race anything, GTA, NFS, GT6, Pcars, Rocket League all have connection issues of some form in that time frame,

I got the following message.
There's a missing portion of clarity there that I suspect could be a lost in translation from Japanese thing.
IMG_20160320_070629.JPG

Within this message, the word "alone" (underlined in red) suggests that there definitely is some issue with the GT6 servers at Gran Turismo's (PD's) end but that there is also another issue elsewhere which is outside of PD's control (PSN presumably?).
However, if that's the message being conveyed then one would expect to see the word "also" before the word "on" (underlined in blue).

The lack of the word "also" hints that the issue is entirely at Sony's end...

I wouldn't read to much into the wording. My guess is that the staff member who replied to you has tried to help as much as they can but, possibly by them not being a scholar of English, the reply has yielded little new information.

In short, the message you've received seems inconclusive to me. I might be wrong, of course. I'd be interested to see anyone else's take on it.

Back