4-5 feet of snow-no problem

  • Thread starter Thread starter CAMAROBOY69
  • 18 comments
  • 1,057 views

CAMAROBOY69

Premium
Messages
18,565
United States
Michigan
Messages
CAMAROBOY69
I decided to get the old truck out today and blast thru a couple snow banks. One was just under 4 feet high and the other one was just under 5 feet high.
Go to "my car and game videos site" in my sig then it will be the video at the top of the list.
The grinding sound you hear in the middle of the video is the snow packing into the manual fan. :lol:
 
Yeah I did a few hand brake turns in a mall parking lot and a hairpin in my college's lot. snow is good fun in empty lots but quite scary driving normally if your car, like mine, lacks traction control and ABS.
 
CAMAROBOY69
I decided to get the old truck out today and blast thru a couple snow banks. One was just under 4 feet high and the other one was just under 5 feet high.
Go to "my car and game videos site" in my sig then it will be the video at the top of the list.
The grinding sound you hear in the middle of the video is the snow packing into the manual fan. :lol:
Well - Considering you've got both, that seems like the only reasonable thing to do ;)
 
Nice work Adam ! ( ok, next thing to do is a lift kit and 33" superswampers on the 'maro and rip that through the snowage ! )
 
TwinTurboJay
Nice work Adam ! ( ok, next thing to do is a lift kit and 33" superswampers on the 'maro and rip that through the snowage ! )
:lol:

Cool video!👍

I've done that once, with my friend's dad behind the wheel, only this was on accident. He was screwing around on a road that's beside a lake, and the plows just come through the middle of the road, throwing the snow into the actual lanes, making the 2-way road a 1-way road. Anyway, he was fishtailing it just for fun and almost hit the snowbank opposite the lake, over-corrected, and we went right into the one against the guardrail by the lake. :lol: If it wasn't for the amount of snow there, he probably wouldn't have been driving his truck home that day. :D
 
lol bro, i bet your neihbors love you driving through there yard 👍
 
Anyone wanna host the video somewhere else? I'm not downloading WMP9 when I already ahve WMP10.
 
TwinTurboJay
Nice work Adam ! ( ok, next thing to do is a lift kit and 33" superswampers on the 'maro and rip that through the snowage ! )
A lift? I already have a 4" lift and 35" tires. :lol: Why would I want to downsize to 33" tires. :lol:
I could never do that to the Camaro. People that do that to cars are just ignorant idiots. Thats what trucks are for. :)
 
xcsti
Yeah I did a few hand brake turns in a mall parking lot and a hairpin in my college's lot. snow is good fun in empty lots but quite scary driving normally if your car, like mine, lacks traction control and ABS.

yeah, I drive a huge 2001 GMC cube-van for work, and that thing is horrible in the winter, no abs, no traction control and rwd. When that thing gets moving its damn hard to stop in the snow, but you get used to it.
 
You should see the snow we have now. What you saw in that video is only half of what we have now. The next day we ended up with another 6-8 inches. Had to shovel the entire driveway again. :yuck:
 
I don't know why, but something about your video was very "America's Funniest Home Videos." I kept waiting for you to wipe out and crash into the side of your house or another car on the road. Then I started hoping for it...What a gyp!
 
Winters not over yet. You may get your wish. :lol:
 
Meh you haven't driven till you tried to drive a truck that no more then 4 inches off the ground, that RWD, in 14inchs of snow. My front airdam looked like a snow plow.
 
Integra Type R
Anyone wanna host the video somewhere else? I'm not downloading WMP9 when I already ahve WMP10.

Meh, it should play fine. However, I had to use Internet Explorer to view the video because of the site's inability to detect Windows Media Player through Firefox. 👎 I don't like that.

Awesome video though! 👍
 
I thought you was going to take out the letterbox :lol:
 
BlazinXtreme
Meh you haven't driven till you tried to drive a truck that no more then 4 inches off the ground, that RWD, in 14inchs of snow. My front airdam looked like a snow plow.
If your truck is only 4" off the ground there is no way your going thru snow that is 14" deep in a 2wd. I call your bluff on that one. Unless you have video to prove otherwise. But I have driven in this weather for over 12 years and I know thats physically impossible. Unless you have chains on the rear which are illegal.
You had a cool idea....its just not possible. :sly:
Matrixhasu77,
Glad you enjoyed the vid. Sorry it had to be viewed thru the internet like that but it is all I can afford right now to host videos.
VIPERGTSR01,
My girlfriend was also a little concerned about that since she was the one recording. The funny thing about that is I completely missed the mail box by a couple feet. The next day the plow came thru and smashed into it. :lol: Now its tilted at about a 60degree angle.
 
CAMAROBOY69
VIPERGTSR01,
My girlfriend was also a little concerned about that since she was the one recording. The funny thing about that is I completely missed the mail box by a couple feet. The next day the plow came thru and smashed into it. :lol: Now its tilted at about a 60degree angle.

haha classic :lol:
 
If your truck is only 4" off the ground there is no way your going thru snow that is 14" deep in a 2wd. I call your bluff on that one. Unless you have video to prove otherwise. But I have driven in this weather for over 12 years and I know thats physically impossible. Unless you have chains on the rear which are illegal.
You had a cool idea....its just not possible

Well you live in Michigan you know how it is. But I made it through the snow, and I don't have snow tires. But I made it through the snow because I had to get to work.
 
Back