4 hour nurburgring challenge!

  • Thread starter Thread starter ruffymark
  • 18 comments
  • 2,710 views
Messages
19
Messages
lewisrhowbotham
This is my favourate race on GT5,so today i set myself a new challenge,to do 27 laps without spinning out,or crashing.I was racing in the X2010,i really enjoyed myself today,stayed focused,i did not crash or spin out,tried to treat it as if it was a real race.My lap times were slower to start with,but i slowly picked up the pace until my lap times were between 4.45-5.00 mins depending on how many A1'S i had to pass.It felt really good when i parked up,have any of you guy's ever tried this?
 
Kudos, I never managed to even do a single lap on the Nordschleife with an X2010 without getting into at least 10 potentially lethal crashes.
 
great, it must have been really hard to win using a highly overpowered, imaginary race car. go to the top of the class.
 
great, it must have been really hard to win using a highly overpowered, imaginary race car. go to the top of the class.

Its not about winning the race, It was about keeping my car on the track for 27 laps without spinning out or crashing!
 
That doesn't sound fun to me. Run 27 laps then go do something else...?
 
Not to mention it's too easy to win with an overpowered car.
 
Not to mention it's too easy to win with an overpowered car.

like the dude said, its not about winning! i cant even keep that thing on the track for a whole lap let alone 27 of them!
 
Last edited:
You did a nice challenge with the wrong car.
 
He did a challenging challenge with a challenging car.
 
That doesn't sound fun to me. Run 27 laps then go do something else...?

I had other things to do today, so i had to park up and finish the race off later,next time i will try and do the whole 4 hours! Im really proud of how i have improved my driving in GT5,i had never even heard of GT5 until i got my son a Playstation 3 for Christmas.He didn't like GT5,i had a go and loved it,so much i went and got myself a G27 mounted on a Wheel Stand Pro,best thing i ever did.Just wish i had found the GT series years ago!
 
I did the same yesterday twice... And today I've done the 9 hours Tsukuba in 5h12 minutes... It's not about the race, it's about the X1, I realised that I needed a lot more experience in order to gold the Sebastian Vettel challenge...
 
How many laps of Tsukuba do you need to do? I'm guessing about 520, judging from the B spec performance?

What about la sarthe 24h?

Anyway, on topic, getting round the Ring in the X2010 is indeed a challenge. I think I'll stick to doing it in the Mine's R34. Might take longer, but still a good challenge. And it feels good when you win.
 
Yes indeed, you'll only need 520 to win. And once you get used to the car, the Ring become a new experience. Will try someday an arcade race against other X1... must be fun.
 
Tokitai
I did the same yesterday twice... And today I've done the 9 hours Tsukuba in 5h12 minutes... It's not about the race, it's about the X1, I realised that I needed a lot more experience in order to gold the Sebastian Vettel challenge...

All you need is 530 laps then park your car, wait for time to expire, and just cross the finish line.
 
Yep, I did that before going to work, but when I came back, the second car did 522 laps, not 520, but I usually do 10 more, so no problem....
 
This is my favourate race on GT5,so today i set myself a new challenge,to do 27 laps without spinning out,or crashing.I was racing in the X2010,i really enjoyed myself today,stayed focused,i did not crash or spin out,tried to treat it as if it was a real race.My lap times were slower to start with,but i slowly picked up the pace until my lap times were between 4.45-5.00 mins depending on how many A1'S i had to pass.It felt really good when i parked up,have any of you guy's ever tried this?

I'm doing Nurburgring 4hr tomorrow or today. Either way, I love Nurburgring and its variants: the full loop, the half loop, the GP track, every one of it. I can't wait to do the track, but I haven't decided of which car to use. Maybe I'll use a touring car, but those cars are easy to drive, as most of them are AWD. Perhaps I'll use a production car or an overpowered car, like LMPs. Even left decided, I can take good practice around the track, win, receive rewards, and that Audi R8 LMS. :)
 
I can't wait to do the track, but I haven't decided of which car to use. Maybe I'll use a touring car, but those cars are easy to drive, as most of them are AWD. Perhaps I'll use a production car or an overpowered car, like LMPs. Even left decided, I can take good practice around the track, win, receive rewards, and that Audi R8 LMS. :)

The first time I did this one I tried a lot of cars. I wanted an easy-ish race, yet enjoyable in the sense of 'enjoying the driving around the track'.

So the X2010 was out of the question. I personally do not like driving LMPs on the Nordschleife. Somehow it feels like the road is too bumpy and uneven for them. So I wanted to pick from LM Race Cars or fast roadgoing versions of race cars.

In the end my shortlist was:
- RX8 LM Race Car,
- Ford GT Spec II Testcar,
- Falken GT-R
- Fairlady Z LM Race Car

I went with the GT Test Car. Won easily, but had a blast doing it.
 
There are only 2 touring cars that are awd that I know of, the Fto and the Alfa...

I last used the RUF RGT with 480hp... was a fun race, won by 4 minutes best lap time was an 8:22, average was 8:27
 
Back