4 Hours of Nürburgring | Classics RaceOpen 

• Thread starter trobes29
  • 25 comments

Which Day(s) works best for you? (Time will be next after this is decided)

• Monday (HA!)

• Tuesday

• Wednesday

• Thursday

• Friday

• Saturday

• Sunday

• Any Day Works For Me 'cause I'm Weird Like That!

Results are only viewable after voting.
United States
Cambridge
trobes29
This is a fun little Race that will pit street cars from 1980 and earlier against each other around the Nürburgring 24h Circuit. If you want to have a good, clean race, you're more than welcome to sign up for this event. All you will need is a car that fits within Regulations and a good attitude for some fun!

**Rules and Regulations**
-550pp Class - Any Street Car from 1980 or earlier that has 550pp, Racing Hard Tyres Only
-500pp Class - Any Street Car from 1980 or earlier that has 500pp, Sports Soft Tyres Only
-No 15th Anniversary, and/or Chrome Line Cars Allowed
-No Flat Floors Allowed, although Aero Kits and Spoilers are fine.
-Be respectful to your fellow competitors, as we will have a designated Race Official as Host who will penalize those who drive recklessly or misbehave (You will get kicked if you ignore Penalty Instructions)
-No mics will be permitted during this Race, although communication through Skype, Teamspeak, etc. is allowed.
-The only way for a Safety Car to be deployed is if a massive crash occurs, in which most if not all the field is involved.
-Blue Flags MUST be respected, as Racing with a car a lap or more ahead of you is severely frowned upon.
-550pp Class, remember to be SMART with your passing of Slower Class cars, as divebombing them will most likely result in both of you wrecked, and not very happy.
-500pp Class, HOLD YOUR LINE! If a Faster Class Car is behind you, you don't have to move over for them, but also don't hog the road, preventing them from getting by. If they get next to you, LET THEM GO!
-Only ABS is Allowed, all other assists will be Prohibited.
-Lastly, remember to have fun, as we aren't here for super-ultra-mega competitive Racing, just some time around the Nurb with others, having a good time racing them.

**RaceDay Layout/Procedure**
-A 1 Hour Practice Session will be open 3 or so hours before the Race, with all Drivers expected to show up, as your Fastest Time here will determine where you Start in the Heat Races (Only if More than 15 Sign up)
-If more than 15 sign up, we will have 2 Rooms Opened, with Half the Drivers going to Room #1, and the other Half going to Room #2. A 20 minute race will be setup, with Starting Order being based on Fastest Time from the 1 Hour Practice Session. The Race will be a One-Make Event using the Ferrari 365 GTB4 '71. Only the Top 8 from Room #1, and the Top 7 from Room #2 will move on to the Race (If less than 15 sign up, there will be no Heat Races).
-A 30min Qualifying Session will follow the Heat Races with everyone using the car they signed up with, after this the Race will begin.

**Drivers Signed Up**
*550pp Class*
-trobes29 / Cobra 427 '66 / #4

*500pp Class*

If any of you are interested, I am currently running a Multiclass DTM Series on my Main Thread, with a NASCAR Xfinity Series and Sprint Cup Series Starting Soon! Check it out here: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/thre...s-dtm-series-with-xfinity-series-soon.316176/

Last edited:
I'll pass on this one. I did a 2 hour multiclass enduro at Nurb once on the 24h layout. I was broken.

After spending more than 24 hours here in the last two weeks even if I wasn't driving, I think I'm done for a while. I have a hate/love/hate relationship with this track. I like driving it, I hate time trialing it, I like watching races here, and that last section before the straight is spooksville on wheels. Depending on the date, I might help out in some form, but that is a maybe.

Do i have to tho
Nobody can make you.

May I tag moar peoples?

By the way, my car in the 550 pp class is the '71 Cuda Six Barrel

TAGGING TIME: @Clayton Hardy @KuniKino****a @R1600Turbo @Furinkazen for starters since I can't do that thinking bit right now. We need moar people for this thing. Plez? (I'm becoming more educated in the MLG texting. I need euthanized.)

I might do this depending on when it happens.
It'll be happening at something o'clock on a day that ends in why on a date in the future. You're welcome.

By the way, my car in the 550 pp class is the '71 Cuda Six Barrel

TAGGING TIME: @Clayton Hardy @KuniKino****a @R1600Turbo @Furinkazen for starters since I can't do that thinking bit right now. We need moar people for this thing. Plez? (I'm becoming more educated in the MLG texting. I need euthanized.)
You have much to learn in the art of MLG, you must control it, but must also embrace it. Wanna know how I know? My headset says MLG on it so I'm automatically an MLG 1337 Pro.

I'm interested, 500pp class. I'm not good at setups so problably just cruising in last place but that's fine by me.
The weekends are best for me.

I'm interested, 500pp class. I'm not good at setups so problably just cruising in last place but that's fine by me.
The weekends are best for me.
Well there's nothing better than cruising around the Nurburgring lol, hope to see you there!

Back