4 Hours of Nurburgring: A Tuner's Nightmare

• Thread starter mechyboy27
  • 1 comments
United States
Oakland, CA
GTP_Mech
One of my friends bet me I couldn't win the 4 Hours of Nur in a BMW M3 without the engine packages.

Car used: Mech Motorsports Venom GT (BMW M3 Coupe '07 with tuning)
Tuning: Tomorrow there will be a link to the tune
415HP
1342kg
515PP
Laps Completed: 27
Racing Mediums
Starting Order:
1. CTR2
2. G37
3. Fairlady Z Z-Tune
4. Stage II R32
5. S2000 GT1
6. Skyline GT-R R-tune
7. Venom GT
8. BNR34 Skyline
9. OPTION Stream Z
10. FT565 twin turbo Audi TT
11. 350Z
12. GRAN TURISMO SKYLINE GT-R

Lap 1: I fall back to 9th immediately because of how underpowered the car is. I knew the car would have power issues as I didn't want to directly touch the engine. So in training for this race, I made sure all time was gained in the turns. Into the first corner, I pass 5 cars, which puts me into 4th.

I then caught up to a group of cars who would stay together until the first set of stops: the Nismo Fairlady Z, the Ruf CTR2, and the Amuse S2000 GT1. I made quick work of the CTR and the S2000, and moved on to the Z. I knew I lacked the power to get by him on the high speed sections so to keep close, I stuck to the inside of the corners as much as I could. By the Karusell, I ducked down and passed him on the inside. I never got a lead above 5 seconds because he always caught and passed me on Dottinger Hohe.

Lap 4:
My first pit. I had a comfy lead over the Z at this time, but my tires weren't going to last another lap. So I made a plan to pit every 4 laps. Going in I went with no fuel. I knew it would get me out quick and back in the lead by lap 5. As it turns out, I was right, and by the Karusell, I was back in the lead after seeing the S2000 pass the Z for 2nd.

Lap 5:
Everybody except the S2000 and a couple others pit. I continued to lengthen the gap between us while it struggled to put in decent lap times.

Lap 6:
Fastest lap so far with a 8:48.773. Although I have some decent lap times in my opinion, I'm starting to wonder if the no fuel strategy was a good idea.

Lap 7:
Fuel's looking very dodgy. The next time in, I'm filling up to the max, and I'm gonna hate it. But I have to make it there first.

Lap 8:
Really scared now. Shouldn't have gambled. I ran out of fuel just as I got to the pits. Putting 100 gallons of fuel back in. Probably a good time for a bathroom break.

Lap 9: Came from a 1:25 lead to a 6 second lead in one stop. Next time, I'm adding at least 10 gallons to the car.

Lap 12: Tires are almost gone. I'm starting to slide off the track and the ensuing S2000 is catching me slowly. I still have a 36 second lead but this is my pit lap. 10 gallons of fuel and I come back out in 1st.

Lap 16:
I'm pretty sure this race is in the books. I'll update during every pitstop. 36 second lead over second.

Lap 27:
This is now my victory lap as second is 2:36 behind. I win!

Last edited:
Now I'm gonna start testing cars from the tuning garages.

Here's how my 4hrs of Nur is going. (In progress)

Car used: JG's Tune Shop Jaguar XGR-SRE
Tuning: https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5183413#post5183413
741HP
1360kg
603PP
Laps Completed:
Racing Mediums

Starting Order: 1. BNR34 SKYLINE GT-R VV-spec N! base...
2. FT65 twin turbo Audi TT
3. S2000 GT1 '04
4. 400R '96
5. Stage II R32
6. CT230R
7. XKR-SRE Coupe '11 (The tune was made in 2011)
8. Skyline GT-R R-tune (R34) '99
9. Fairlady Z Z-tune (Z33) '03
10. BNR34 SKYLINE GT-R N1 base '06
11. GRAN TURISMO SKYLINE GT-R '01
12. NISMO 380RS Super Leggera

To be honest, I hate this car, but the race has already started.

Lap 1: By the end of the first corner, JG's car put me in the lead. But I knew this wouldn't be an easy race on account that this thing steered like crap (No offence, just my opinion). By the hill, I had a 6 second lead, but the car caught air and plummeted straight into the wall. Two turns after the Karrusel, the right rear touches grass and spins out. At Dottinger Hohe, the car reaches 206, after coming off the corner before it at 65. Final lap time: 8:49.757. I know this thing can brake the 8:35 mark. Just have to keep trying.

Lap 2: I have a 20 second lead entering Flagplatz, exiting, I have a 10 second lead. Of course, the car caught air again, I couldn't control the weight in time, and the car wen't in to the barrier. Again. Right aftetr Brunnchen, the car, once again, touches grass, and spazes out. If this happens one more lap, I'm quitting.

2 turns later, it happened again. I quit. Next car, my Mech Motorsports Killer Bee.
https://www.gtplanet.net/forum/showthread.php?p=5317499&posted=1#post5317499

Last edited:
Back