• 5 comments
Brazil
São Paulo
Boxout7x
Boxxout
:::The 4 hours of pain:::
Cover.jpg

::About::
My first racing report, this is about the 'Ring 4 hours endurance, i had a pretty interesting race and i think would be interesting to share with you all. Keep in mind not all the numbers are accurate this race happened 2 weeks ago and i don't have notes of all that happened.. Enjoy your reading

::The race::
It was a cold night on the winter, 4 am, I couldn't sleep so many things going on my head, problems, plans, etc. All of this was taking my sleep away, i was just reading things around the internet but all the things in my mind.. I just wanted them to go away. Until i finally got bored, nothing to do and also too late for sleeping since i had things to do by the morning. So I just started walking around the house until i was on the living room, staring my PS3 and thinking.. "Why not turn it on"

As soon i turned it on and start my GT5 i had some sort of flashbacks from some nights ago where i tried the 4 hours race but failed, well i rage quit it... I'm not a fan of long runs anyway. But all that came to my mind, thinking that i should try again since i had 5 hours until work. I went to my garage to look for a car that would give the win but also make it fun to drive. The only thing that came to my mind was the Impreza TC. So that is it, I took it off and head to the endurance.
Car.jpg

I was on the track, the ring, driving my scooby. All i could see was a Mines Evo right in front of me, Pfff a evo that's not a match for my sti. As soon the race started the power of the STI took me all the way to first place right on the first corner, well i had to brake a bit late on it, almost went out of the track but i was holding first since then and that's what matters.
Race1.jpg

Everything was going perfect, i had first, i was driving one of my favorite rides and listening to my custom soundtrack. It seems perfect right? ... No. Since i was using Racing Medium tired the wear of it was pretty intense. Pit stop was needed each two laps, and since i didn't wanted to spend time with fuel i was filling up the tank when was on low, which was about in 8 laps. The race was going fine as i expected. even with the pit stop problems i can say i enjoy the first 30 minutes of it.
Race2.jpg

The soft handling of the scooby was a dream, hell i could drive this for days and days. Just amazing even after driving for 1 hour and half i wasn't tired i was enjoying this driving my Impreza around no worries about losing or anything. With a 1 minute and half gap between me and the second who needs to care?

2 Hours of race and my dad wakes up, he walks to the room and see me playing, he is a great racer as well, even better than me i can say. So we started talking about the usual cars and music, while i was driving on this race. With the distraction of my dad there i made some mistakes, went off the track and etc, but it was nothing to worry almost 2 minutes ahead of the second it was no problem, He even drive my Scooby for a lap or two.

2 Hours and 40 Minutes, me in the wheel and my dad watching the race, talking and such stuff. It was pit stop lap i could feel the car hard because of tire wear, the fuel was almost gone i really had to go, but here is when things start getting good I didn't, my mind was too focused on chatting with my dad that i completely forgot about my pit strategy. Needless to say what happens next. The beautiful polarized sti becomes a brick running with a drop of fuel on it's tank. 'Okay box.. don't panic now just go to the pits next lap and you'll be fine, you're 2 minutes on lead... nothing will go wrong now' Well i was wrong, things went really wrong, i ran out of fuel and with it my speed locked up at 80 km/h. The shocked expression on my dad's face and as well on mine was priceless, the 2 minutes gap was gone, I seen that S200 GT1 passing through me like a jetplane. Needless to say the panic.

I finally reach the pitstop, and the time difference comes to the screen as soon i get out of it. I could not believe what my eyes see. I was 2 minutes behind the S2K... Two.... Minutes. Can it get worst? The perfect race ruined in one lap. But i couldn't give up now, not after these 3 hours, i step on the gas, tight corners to take my lead back.

A lap was gone and i already catch up by 20 seconds, still have less than a hour to go. Driving like never before shaving as many seconds i could out of the ring. Only one thing was on my mind.. 'I can't believe i wasted my precious time with this, and now.. i'm lost for a stupid move i did' And this song playing on the background, even knowing i had no chances i'd go all the way to the end.

Last lap was there, 5 seconds behind of the leader. My hopes were back and felt great, all i had to do was make a perfect lap and i'd have this. The gap between us getting shorter and shorter, until i finally spot him on the long straight. It was now or never. if i don't nail this on the last corner i'm screwed. Following on that beautiful S2000 GT1 tail, my scooby couldn't with it on the straight, but i kept abusing on his tail as the most i could, the last corner on the end of it was there, just ahead of me. He slam the brakes first but i wait one more mile second to do it.

It was enough to take the lead and cross the finish line first. As the song plays and i cross the line i couldn't control myself and sing along it. My dad went to work already, he goes earlier than me, i wonder what would he say as i took the win.

Race done and was time for me drive my hard earned prize around the brand new track..
Prize1.jpg

Prize2.jpg

I think i'm sure to say this was the best race i ever had. I hope you enjoyed the reading as much i enjoyed racing/writing.
Don't mind the grammatical mistakes :P

GREAT STUFF! I guess you had nearly 1 hour of opure adrenaline running through your veins!

I remeber I had one race where I won by a 1/100 second or so... need to look for the picture i took from the race result...

What a great comeback! However, had the fuel issue happened to me, I would have turned around, go backwards down the front stretch, the re-enter the pits to fuel up. I couldn't stand running out of fuel halfway around the ring :scared:

Great post!! 👍 Seeing that prize makes me want to try an endurance race for once. :dopey: The only one I've ever done (that isn't B-Spec, anyway) is the Trial Mountain 30 Laps from GT2. Oh, and great music choice, by the way. :)

Back