4 Hours of Spa / A Ring Bandits facebook event

United States
Iowa, USA
The_Urban_Saint
Terra Hawk 5
I am just making everyone aware of this, I am not a member nor a representative of the ring bandits, I'm just a fan that is letting everyone know this.

So, those of you who don't follow the 24 hour of Nurburgring winners The Ring Bandits on Facebook, should probably reconsider, since their victory last week they have decided to host a 4 hour endurance event on the Spa-francorchamps track. They haven't posted any rules yet but a tentative date so far is either April 7th or 8th at 8 PM EST. So go check out their Facebook so they know people are interested.

:[EDIT]:

Here's a link to their facebook page if any of you are interested
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Ring-Bandits/139222829519425

Last edited:
Here are the rules for the event: (I didnt edit my original post because I wanted this to bump back up to top of page. shameless promotion? I say nay)

1. All cars must be production based, minimum 500 units produced commercially

2. 560bhp Max

3. 1200kg Min

4. Race begins at 9am +8GMT (unless causes clash with teams)

5. Total time is 4:00 hours, including warm up lap

6. Leader responsible for keeping pace on warm up lap

7. Warm up lap speed limit – 200kmh (Until Stavelot)

8. Stop/Go penalties will be given to teams not following orders from race control or basic flag commands from race control.

9. Stop/Go box will be next to start finish line and will last 2 minutes for first offence, 4 minutes for 2nd offence and 6minutes for 3rd, any further offences will result in a disqualification.

10. 30 mins of free practice will take place 1 hour prior to race start

11. Immediately after, Official Qualifying will begin and will last 30 minutes, tires are open for qualifying.

12. Once qualifying time is up, the race will automatically begin with cars in respective order, bear in mind tires used for the race will be the last compound used in qualifying but fresh.

13. Leader will begin slowing the pack at Stavelot in order to bring the pack to the Start/Finish line in an orderly fashion. Once on the start/finish sraight, the speed limit is 60kmh and cannot be exceeded until the leader reaches the start/finish line where the race begins.

14. Race finishes after 4hours and all cars must finish the lap they are on.

15. The race will be a ‘twilight’ or sunset race starting in daylight and finishing in darkness.

16. Weather will be set as accurately as possible to that of the weather at Spa at the time of the start.

17. A race control and live timing screen will be posted via uStream.com. this will include a chat area for team managers and a live audio commentary by race control for fast response information.

Back