4 hrs Nürburgring - IS-F RM

• Thread starter ItsHim
  • 5 comments

ItsHim

Premium
Germany
Bavaria/Germany
We all remember Kaz taking part in the 24 hours Nürburgring, so I thought I give my IS-F RM another track day.

I'm on RH and reloaded the race untill there was a GT1 Turbo on the grid as I found the AEM
one couldn't keep quite up.

I managed to squeeze past the leading GT1, IS-F Concept and Ruf CTR halfway through my first lap.

Which was a good thing because the Turbo really is fast but can't quite overtake me.

Coming out of the pits on the start of the 6th lap I have a 21 seconds lead - the Turbo took ~ 5 seconds longer for refueling.

On my 9th lap he's 3 seconds behind me but I think I'll be able to pull out a 10 seconds lead on my 10th lap before pitting again.

I haven't quite eliminated the understeer but in my second stint I managed to preserve my front tyres a bit better.

So far it's a great race with constant pressure from the Turbo!

Update 1:

Left the pits on lap 11 with a massive 34 seconds lead :-) But the Turbo catches up really fast! Best lap so far a 8:30.5 losing 3-4 seconds every next lap due to tyre wear.

Starting with mid 12th lap overtaking back markers: the Super Leggera almost lost it, huge smoke of cloud and I could barely avoid him.

Just one more lap for my next pit stop and then I'll pause until tomorrow.

Last edited:
Good luck, you'll need it against the S2000 GT1.

I'm pleased to say the rest of the race was pretty straight forward.

Managed to build my lead up to 1:08 minutes after pitting on lap 20. I pulled in for the last time at the end of lap 25, forgot that I'll only have to run 2-3 laps and went for a full tank of gas.

The Gt1 Turbo also pitted for the last time and I decided to wait 30 seconds before the start/finish line at the end of lap 27 to save me a 28th lap. The Turbo was 51 seconds behind me at that time.

In summary that was a good car for the race. The better fuel economy (60 - 59 - 58... liters per 5 lap stint) and every 4th/5th lap, where I could pull away from the Turbo, won me the race.

I was pretty consistent, 8:33 to 8:40 laptimes usually, and only went off twice without spinning.

What kept it close was the Turbo eating away big chunks of my lead every 1st to 3rd lap while I could make this time up on the other laps. Driving spot on on worn tyres was a great challenge.

Hats off to Kaz! for doing this IRL with much higher stakes and a lot more traffic.

I guess next time I'll go for something a bit more tail happy, the IS-F was very planted. A RM'd TVR perhaps?

Cheers and thanks for reading.

I did this in an Elise 111R RM, which was 90% planted, but very twitchy on the limit. Probably needed a detune, as I won by some margin. In fact, I parked up near the finish line for 2 minutes then crossed after the 4h was up to avoid having to do the extra lap.

Did it again yesterday with the Civic Saloon you can get from the premium garage with 500pp. Burns thru front tyres every 3 laps but the AI cars have ridiculous pit strategies and fall way behind by half distance. Their in laps were very slow owing to having gone too far on each set and they always brim the tank even if they're not using it all in a stint.

Done it about 4 times now and will need a few more before hitting L40

The Elise has totally slipped my mind!

For the moment I'm fooling around with the Tuscan 6 speed RM and boy, that car is absolutely fun. Old school compared to the newer cars, but very satisfying when you hit its sweet spot round a corner. Just some more fiddeling with the setup and I hope to squeeze in another session soon.

After that I try the Elise for sure.

Curious with how little PP I can get away with ;-)

Latest Posts

Back