4 inches at Indy

• Thread starter valleymd
  • 11 comments
GTP_VALLEYMD
I finally won Like The Wind at Indy with my McLareen F1 Stealth. I was running mid-pack for much of the race, but then on the last lap I made my move. I drove into turn one Wide Open and it stuck, it was destiny now. I zipped past the Toyota Minolta in turn 1, and stared at my rear-view all the way down the backstretch.

Going into Turn 3 and the pack is gaining on me. Luckily I have Racing Soft tires and can rip around the corners. Coming out of turn four, the field is now right on my tail, bumpdrafting me. The Toyota comes up on the outside trying to steal the victory, but this time he we be denied!

Coming down the final straight I had been defeated many times by cars with 200 HP more than me. This time I had just enough of a cushion to win by 0.001 seconds @217MPH at the stripe. Doing the math, it equated to a 3.82 inch victory!👍

Truly awesome! Great pic too. I bet your heart was pounding on that final straight.

Did it give you the trophy for winning by such a small margin?

Great story, I have one almost identical to yours, winning in a Corvette ZR1 race modded and specifically tuned. I basically had to block 3 cars on the last stretch of last lap to take the win only by inches. I think Polyphony has designed this race on purpose to be extremely tight no matter what car you're using.

it is a great race, i have done it a few times now> minolta/908/R10/ and it is quit exhausting. but really really great! Nice story you have and yes upload it to youtube! only a few more month's for the real indy500 race;)

I managed this with a Team Oreca Dodge Viper. That race was annoying.

The AI are brutally mean and kept pitting me. I even still have a replay where they must have knocked me out of the race (and first place no less) with what couldn't be any more than about 600 feet to the finish line.

Good job showing those fools who's boss. Also, if you haven't completed it, Daytona is much easier and once you beat both races, the prize car will make your life much easier. :)

Latest Posts

Back