4+million dollar car accident in Japan...those poor supercars

  • Thread starter Thread starter mikeonthebike
  • 18 comments
  • 3,701 views
Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
509
United States
Nevada
Messages
racing_JOHNSON
Last edited:
Goes to show, just 'couse you have the car dosen't mean you have the skills. :sly:
 
A Prius caused that whole accident apparently. And it survived with only a dent.
 
The Prius was part of the problem.

The Prius was doing the speed limit to the best it could be and since Ferrari drivers are idiots and think like Clarkson who thinks the speed limit is the minimum you must do, one Ferrari tried to overtake and lost control
 
Grayfox
The Prius was part of the problem.

The Prius was doing the speed limit to the best it could be and since Ferrari drivers are idiots and think like Clarkson who thinks the speed limit is the minimum you must do, one Ferrari tried to overtake and lost control

Honestly, I don't know how it is in your country, but if your doing the speed limit on an american highway your likely to get run over by every one not just loonies in expensive sports cars. I really do think slow drivers hold a fair bit of responsibility to watch for faster traffic. I have seen slow drivers occupying the left hand lane cause some real problems for other traffic. I'm not condoning flying around, but 65-70 isn't unsafe on the highway at all.
 
Honestly, I don't know how it is in your country, but if your doing the speed limit on an american highway your likely to get run over by every one not just loonies in expensive sports cars. I really do think slow drivers hold a fair bit of responsibility to watch for faster traffic. I have seen slow drivers occupying the left hand lane cause some real problems for other traffic. I'm not condoning flying around, but 65-70 isn't unsafe on the highway at all.

Hmm, that's funny. I drive 80,000 miles a year in my Dually pulling a 10,000lb 5th wheel at 65mph with no problems. So, a driver maintaning the speed limit has a responsibilty to watch out for those above it? :lol: This sort of driving is very prevelant in the northeast, that's one of the reasons I left New York.

On topic,
Terrible wreck. Have the authorities released any more information? I find it hard to believe the Prius caused the crash.
 
Car guys rule #283616: If there was a Prius in the vicinity, it was 100% at fault.
 
Car guys rule #283616: If there was a Prius in the vicinity, it was 100% at fault.

👍


A group of runaway prius driver rescuers were rushing to the scene in their supercars to save the prius owners life because of his stuck gas pedal and this was the end result. Haha


On a funny note a family members neighbor has a prius, He stopped to check his mail before driving in his property, got the mail turned back around and his car was GONE....about 3 country houses down the street was his prius in the ditch with bumper and fender damage(a FULL CITY BLOCK in comparison) LUCKILY nobody was injured as this is a highly traveled 2 lane road with a 55mph speed limit that most people drive about 70 on.
 
Last edited:
XXI
Have the authorities released any more information? I find it hard to believe the Prius caused the crash.
I'm thinking it depends on who you listen to.


I've read a bunch of articles on this now, and mainly outside of American media they all cite the Merc as the cause. Evidently he was on the wrong side of the road while taking the turn, which would mean the Fezza swerved to avoid him? But either way, that would be a monumental cock-up. Especially considering images show a median running down the middle of the highway...

The US outlets on the other hand, God bless them, are pretty much all using 'gathering of narcissists' in their articles and can probably be ignored. Unless one of the drivers massive ego pulled a Monroe squirrel and stood in the road, I don't see how that is relevant.
 
Honestly, I don't know how it is in your country, but if your doing the speed limit on an american highway your likely to get run over by every one not just loonies in expensive sports cars. I really do think slow drivers hold a fair bit of responsibility to watch for faster traffic. I have seen slow drivers occupying the left hand lane cause some real problems for other traffic. I'm not condoning flying around, but 65-70 isn't unsafe on the highway at all.

But people in sports cars that over 400hp+ tend to do it more cause their cars are made for speed.
 
... so isn't 250 kph if there's enough room :sly:
You should be proud of your autobahn's... I know I would be :(
 
I shouldn't laugh but this line "I've never seen such a thing" highway patrol lieutenant Eiichiro Kamitani told AFP. "Ferraris rarely travel in such large numbers." makes them sound like a solitary animal :) bit over the top for a car
 
I red about this incident in a local newspaper, stating 14 cars in an accident, 12 supercars (Ferreri, Mercedes and Lambo) and 2 ordinary cars (Nissan GTR and Prius. I threw the newspaper away..
 
Nothing the auto shop in GT5 can't fix..
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back