40 seconds wait before race

• Thread starter Outeke
  • 16 comments

Outeke

Luca - GTA V
Premium
MyBoardNick
Hi,

So I finally got back to GT6 because friends of mine are doing the 500pp seasonal on London.

My question is, why does it need to take 40 seconds every time I start a new race?
(This is the time the car takes from halfway the track to startline where I can take over the controls)

Please make this optional, personally I have enough with 5 seconds or better, a "GO" to start instantly...

I could get myself a coffee and a toilet break before the race starts.
Especially annoying when you crash at the first corner and want to start all over.....

Thank you!

Ten seconds would not be enough, because the screen could be black at that point. Async ftw.

I think I know why the game does it, but still it's not a good reason. The 40 seconds is when the first car starts the race, and then every car spaces out when they start accelerating over the start line. 40 seconds later you start. For some reason the cars don't just spawn at the points they are when you start.

Edit: Then realizes that the OP already said this and I'm just echoing it. :lol:

I think I know why the game does it, but still it's not a good reason. The 40 seconds is when the first car starts the race, and then every car spaces out when they start accelerating over the start line. 40 seconds later you start. For some reason the cars don't just spawn at the points they are when you start.

Edit: Then realizes that the OP already said this and I'm just echoing it. :lol:

No I think you are correct, the wait is far longer on the seasonal races due to the coding probably having to start every car. So the wait is from when the first car crosses the line till when you do.

If it didn't do this you would get blank times for the first sector on the timing screens

40 seconds is not that long.

40 seconds is indeed not that long. But when it's less than 20 seconds to the first corner where you meet the first AI car and go wrong. I prefer to restart and have to wait another 40 seconds...
Doing that a few times....it becomes a super annoying thing.

No I think you are correct, the wait is far longer on the seasonal races due to the coding probably having to start every car. So the wait is from when the first car crosses the line till when you do.

If it didn't do this you would get blank times for the first sector on the timing screens

PD could test it out and after 1 time they know exactly where the cars would be, as they are programmed to do the thing they do. 👍

40 seconds is not that long.

Really!!
Combine that with the interface that is still not that great & the amount of button presses you do for a single race & to exit the compulsory replay.
Now your looking at 50+ seconds, lets make it simple.
Call it a minute & the average race length 10 minutes.
You are wasting one tenth of your life doing nothing but waiting for the game.

Back