400/500/650PP cars for Online Seasonals **OP UPDATED**

Australia
NSW
HanibalII
Not really sure where this belongs, so here it goes :D

I'm going to be starting GT5 from scratch on a new account. And I'm going to make a list of the best cars for each track. (That win) I'm by no means a great driver, however I do feel I'm a good driver. I do this to have fun. And to help any new racer out that may be starting the game, to give them some sort of view point.

For now I will be restricting it to the 400/500/650 performance point races.

Feel free to comment on which ones you think are the best.

Anywho, this is what I have so far:

Opel Speedster:
Great acceleration give its class. The steering is incredible. Didn't spin out once. Throttle control isn't that much of an issue, even going around corners.​

Suzuki GSX-R/4 Concept:
Again, great acceleration, steering can be touchy going around corners. It did slide a little more than I expected, given it was on Racing Hards. Even with it's low speed, I had to have some form of throttle control around corners, especially coming out of them. The S bends in particular. On the first corner, braking from 140mph to 60mph proved to be difficult. Car slipped a little.
Pagani C12 '00:
Only thing to say about this car is speed. It's handling isn't typical of a super car. Didn't have any issues with throttle control around corners. In all honesty, it actually felt a little bulky. It's speed is fasntastic given the class, however trying to steer at those speeds was more difficult than expected. Breaking was fantastic.​

Pagani Zonda LM Race Car:
True epitome of speed in my opinion. Handling at high speeds was fantastic, braking didn't prove to be any difficulty. There wasn't any serious concerns with acceleration when leaving corners. I felt it was a fantastic drive. By lap 4 I was in first place.​

I'll try and track down the tunes I used for each of these cars. Majority of them have been Praianos and Motor City Tunes. So I thank them :)

GSX-R/4 Concept:
Considerably slower in this performance group. Still offered great handling, but that's more to do with the lack of speed. I was rarely required to brake while in this car. It was still a fun drive. To get it below 400PP I had to increase to max weight, and limited to a little over 50%.​

Skyline GT-R N1 (R32):
I'm a great fan of any Skyline. This car handled remarkably well on this track, but in my opinion, it's not meant for such a 'tight' track. I ran it on stock tune. With adding various tunes to get it to 500PP. It didn't have any problem competing with the other cars. What it lacked in speed around corners it gained it along straights. Even with some tuning, I don't think it would be possible to increase it's speed around corners. It never slipped etc. The only issue I had on this track was in narrow sections when overtaking, which on the 4th lap saw me crash into the barrier, costing me 5 seconds.​

Nissan GT-R Concept LM Race Car:
A fantastic car to drive around Laguna. Handling was incredible, as well as it's speed, which saw me get 1.20 laps. The steering did feel a little bulky, but I assume that was to do with running it on stock tune. All in all, it performed remarkably well.​

MR2 Spyder:
This car was an interesting drive. It has great steering, and due to it having such a low HP, you can practically throw it around corners at reasonable speeds.​

DeLorean S2:
Well, I don't know what was suppose to happen at 88mph, but all I witnessed was fantastic control. Great acceleration without the need to alter the transmission, running at stock no less. Steering felt a little clunky around corners, but it's acceleration made up for it on exit.​

S2000 Type V (EU):
I have a thing for S2000s. This happens to be one of my most used ones, having one over 15 races in it. It's usually my go to car for 500PP races. And what's better, I'm able to run it at 450PP and still win. Steering and acceleration is fantastic. And around the Cape, it was fantastic. Over bumps it's a little touchy, especially when airbourne, but chucking on some front ballast can fix that.​

Fairlady Z Concept LM Race Car:
Another fantastic Nissan. In all honesty, it performs very similarly to the Nissan GT-R. Along the home straight it gets to a max 200mph without drafting. Stock steering leaves something to be desired, but is more than ample. Lowering the front spring rate from a little over 15 to 11.5 made it a more comfortable drive. Great car that can hold its own against some of the best.​

If you're interested in seeing a particular car tested, let me know.

Last edited:
Sounds like a nice little project for you but am not sure just how helpful it's going to be to anyone but you. The issue for me at least is that "best" in terms of GT5 can be such a subjective statement that it's open to huge debate and argument and everyone who has an opinion is right (well almost everyone :lol: )! The problem is that a lot of the A-Spec and B-Spec races have such open limits for the chosen car that it's not really a case of having to try to find the best within a narrow and prescriptive range.

For example; the Clubman cup is completely open and one person may opt for an X1 on Racing Soft tyres whilst someone else may say that a Daihatsu Copen with Comfort soft is the way to go. Each would probably say they found the "best" car.

Anyway, good luck with your endeavour 👍

BTW this Topic might be better in the general forum :cheers:

Last edited:
I agree that favorite car is a personal, but there is still a best car for every pp class:
400pp Suzuki GSX
500pp Suzuki GSX / LOTUS ELISE RM
600pp 2j race car
650pp 2j race car
700pp 905 peugeot / R8 race car 01

I'm pretty fresh into GT5 right now, so I will look forward to this thread! Goodluck!

So far I've got 3 cars that I've found to be perfect for the 400/500/650pp seasonals.

Off the top of my head, for the 500pp season, I've found the Pagani C12 '00 to be perfect. Power limit it to about 95% and chuck on all upgrades that don't enhance PP and you'll have a great car.

With the 650pp event, there really is so many different choices, it's unbelievable. I've used everything from a detuned 2J (Which I hate BTW! With a passion!) to the Ford GT LM Spec II Race car (Not the test, but it would do as well) Practically any LM race car. So far I've used the McLaren, Ford GT, Zonda, and NSX prototype. I've found the Zonda to be the best.

For 400pp events, I literally tried dozens of cars. I used so many I couldn't possibly count them :D

And after all that trying, I found the Opel Speedster to be the best. By far. It's a great little car that you can throw around any corner :)

Will be updating better later tonight with lap times etc as well as settings for the cars. I'm trying to use cars that are more popular/easier to get.

Cb
I agree that favorite car is a personal, but there is still a best car for every pp class:
400pp Suzuki GSX
500pp Suzuki GSX / LOTUS ELISE RM
600pp 2j race car
650pp 2j race car
700pp 905 peugeot / R8 race car 01

Sorry, but a suzuki GSX at 400pp? At stock it's 480 and 160bhp. Limiting it, you'd have it at 840kgs and 100bhp, and 398ishpp.

The gsx is a monster at 400pp.

Sorry, I'm just having a hard time believing that.....

Well. That'll teach me to judge a book by it's cover :D

Tried it out. I wouldn't call it a monster, but yes, it was a pretty good performing car. :)

OP updated with table.

For every challenge I'm hoping to use a difference car.

Get some variation going.

Last edited:
400 - BMW 330i '05 (must tone down the engine to 80%)
500 - Lutos Espirt V8 '02 (stock)
650 - Ford GT LM Race Car test car (stock it handle like a dream)

my option :), and I really love the Ford LM Race Car test car had over 3,500 miles in it on my old file save

Last edited:
Tried it out. I wouldn't call it a monster, but yes, it was a pretty good performing car. :)

Perhaps you don't remember a certain low PP time trial at Kart Space... Utterly dominated by the Gixxer.

It's the fastest car in the game at 400PP.

Last edited:
I was looking for a thread like this as I'm struggling on some 650pp races, some times my Ford GT LM Spec II is getting the job done, other times I'm losing to the same car or most often than not the Zonda LM Race car which I do not own (nor do I own a 2D or 2J) and haven't seen it in the UCD yet.

I used a stock (I think) Impreza WRX STI '10 for the 500PP seasonals last night for the first time and it was incredible, the handling around turns was phenomenal and depending on the track I was in 1st by either the 2nd or 4th lap except for Tokyo R246 as it was slow on the long straight so I had to catch up on the turns.

I will check out the GSX for the 400PP so thanks.

I used a stock (I think) Impreza WRX STI '10 for the 500PP seasonals last night for the first time and it was incredible, the handling around turns was phenomenal and depending on the track I was in 1st by either the 2nd or 4th lap except for Tokyo R246 as it was slow on the long straight so I had to catch up on the turns.

What is the transmission set to on your WRX STI '10? I recommend setting it a little higher(not very much). EDIT: Lowering the top speed of the transmission will help with acceleration. Raising the top speed with give the car less acceleration but higher top end speed. There are ways to find a balance but that is a basic way to think of it. There are several tuning guides on this site if you're interestedhere, here, and here. They've taught me most of what I know about the tuning in this game. If you don't feel like experimenting with your own tunes, these guys have tunes which you could simply apply and drive.

Last edited:
My problem is I don't know what to change or why. When I buy/win cars I usually only get tires for them, in the beginning going through the early A & B-Spec races I would buy/install racing exhaust, racing air filter, ECU and maybe Turbo/Supercharger but I have never bought or customized any transmission, suspension, drivetrain, or weight reduction.

Edit: Thanks for the edit above, I will take a look at those links some time in the next few days.

Last edited:

Latest Posts

Back