400m Settings?

• Thread starter Turismokid
  • 20 comments
I would like to know if there is anyone at all who will be able to assist in having my cars go faster in the 400m.

Is there a proper setting for FWD/AWD/4WD/RWD?

Please, any assistance would be great..am willing to share my accomplishments with anyone.

sucahyo's website might have the answer for you : gt.cellphonespec.com

He did tests with different types of drivetrains and settings to see their effects on 400m, 1000m, max speed and total lap time.

Good luck!

YEah, there's so many things you can try. The very basics include:

No camber on any drive wheels.

No toe on any wheels (driven or free-spinning)

For 400 and 1000m tests, tilt the ground-height downwards towards the driven wheels...so in a front-drive, have the front-end sitting lower than the rear. In a rear-drive, the opposite is true (have the rear lower) so that traction gets laid down with minimal wheelspin. This is not entirely set-in-stone, however. I've read reports in which the drag cars (for instance) should have the rear-end as high as possible (just like in a real dragster) for best results.

For the Max Speed, you can lower a car as fully as possible all around (to limit airflow getting underneath the car) although in some cars if you lower them to the max, they'll start bouncing so much on the curves they'll be hard to control..

From there on, it varies. Each car is different. All my track tests (on my website) only include cars that are completely stock on normal tires, because the number of variables and settings combinations could go into the millions. :scared:

Yeah I miss him too. He'll come back for sure, I just don't know when. He can be very busy with (real-life) work sometimes. Best not to disturb him or he'll get angry :P.

Yeah I miss him too. He'll come back for sure, I just don't know when. He can be very busy with (real-life) work sometimes. Best not to disturb him or he'll get angry :P.

You know him in r/l?

No, I haven't met him in r/l, but we PMed each other quite a bit as we both come from Indonesia and he lived in a city next to mine. I want to meet him someday though, he's such an amazing guy with tuning.

Where has Turismokid gone, by the way? Don't you think we're getting a lot of "pass-through" new members nowadays?

I think "a lot" in this situation can be said only for this particular forum :) Cause if forums like GT5:P nowadays had such amount of pass-through newcomers, it would be a place just next to heaven :)

No, I haven't met him in r/l, but we PMed each other quite a bit as we both come from Indonesia and he lived in a city next to mine. I want to meet him someday though, he's such an amazing guy with tuning.

Where has Turismokid gone, by the way? Don't you think we're getting a lot of "pass-through" new members nowadays?

Yeah, that's the way it always has been at GT planet, not just in gT2 but all the forums--it seems for every member who sticks around for a long time, there will be at 50 "new" members who post here and never show up again. The creator of this thread (turismokid) is a great example.

Notice all his great ideas and enthusiasm, and almost immediatly it seems he has vanished! :lol: And we were "nice" to him, too...we weren't saying things like "ah, you stupid NEWB go stuff yourself! Ah well...

Yeah you're right. If we keep getting 1-post members Jordan will have to do some spring cleaning (i.e. member deleting) soon :lol:.

Hello everyone, it's been a while since I post in here :).

I do track conversion for Viper Racing and Nascar Heat now, and it take a lot of my free time. I still play GT2 occasionally though, still love the car sound and the driving feel :).

I always like coming back here and see what is going on. Still surprise that there always newcomer in GT2 section :cheers: 👍 :).

I notice that even many new game showing up, there are still many who played 10+ years old game. It seems good graphic can't beat good replayability :).

I think "one post newbie" will read his/her post eventually :).

On topic, after you get everything "right" for maximum acceleration, you still have to figure out at what gear ratio combination to get fastest 400m. Some time increasing or lowering just a bit can make you faster, but you just can't be sure that current gear is fastest. If you have time, try every gear ratio combination :lol:. This is also why why I never use 400m to compare car performance.

Hey, welcome back. Nice to see you again 👍. I also drop in from time to time to val's website, vrgt.com and your website. Slowly downloading all of the available goodies for VR. Now eagerly waiting for your conversion of Brands Hatch :D.

And I've also downloaded your excel gear calculator to help me with gear tuning, but I can't figure out what to do. I put in all of the numbers as requested but the gear ratios calculated are all out of range. Weird.

On comparing cars, I never use the 400m/1000m runs, or max speed either. I'm still afraid of the Garage Bug (happened once to me, don't want to happen again). I test my cars around Rome-Night (my personal test track in GT2 because it's similar to SSR11) and occasionally Motorsports Land (break out and test max speed).

The track looks neat 👍. How do you get screenshot replay-style like that? Is there a special button for hidden cameras?

Thanks for the gear links. It helps me to understand a bit more :).

Edit: The Japanese gear tuner file link is dead. I can download the file but when I try to open it it says file corrupted 👎.

The button is Shift-F12

Instead of downloading from the link which is compressed in lzh format (where the uncompress program is rare), you can just download the attachment at the first post. It is the same application.

I tried the Shift-F12, but the camera just stays in one place in the middle of nowhere. I can't even see the track. Is there also a button to move the camera?

I tried downloading from the attachment, it's the GRT.rar right? Yet I still can't open it. When I tried double-clicking the GRT.exe it says "Component 'TABCTL32.OCX' not correctly registered: file is missing or invalid" :confused:.

Thanks, it works perfectly now :) :cheers:

P.S. The infield update on spa looks good 👍. Still waiting for Brands Hatch :D

Back