450pp euro n/a non race car

• Thread starter hotboost
  • 9 comments
Australia
Australia
hotboost
Another week of racing and after all the great help last week. I decided to put out there again. OK here's the drill....natural aspirated 450pp and euro incl england. I'm hoping 1050kg and 260hp from n/a might be a big ask.
Thanks see what we can throw around

Hi there, first i thought it was impossible with what you are looking for. So i just looking around in my garage... and i found a MG TF160 '03.

Changed oil and added improved body rigidity. Stage 2 Weight reduction, carbon hood and added ballast weight 42kg. sorry its 32kg.

I then put in Stage 2 engine tuning, sports computer, racing exhaust and the manifold, catalytic converter and intake tuning. All that adds up to 260hp with 449pp at this stage power limiter is at 100%

I think there is a lot more cars that can be a potential to you what you need.

Last edited:
Thanks Acan , how did drive and handle?. I'm toying the idea lotus Elise tuned down 450.

With comfort soft as default and default suspension, understeering is manageable and a bit of oversteer when cornering out.

Anyway is 1050kg is specific or can go for lower?

Last edited:
Hello again, and yes, this had been done in a FITT Challenge (also hosted by me). You can check out the Type 72 Elise and some MG TF's here. Done a post or to is the post with links to reviews so you can see which ones were reviewed better. The VX220 is also on the list but only two entered and without rigidity improvement, the Elise stole the show even with a non-adjustable gearbox. @ImToLegitToQuit has a really fast and fun TF160 in the group to try, @praiano63 @Motor City Hami and @DolHaus I believe had the better Type 72's. But you will have to try them and fix the trans to suite your needs.

On another note, did you use Tuner #4 setup on the RX-8 and if so, how did it work out for you?

Awsome car I forget to check b4 rim upgrade very quick. As to is me Elise with cardboard box tune . Will now research your other tune offs . thanks everyone for your input .

Awsome car I forget to check b4 rim upgrade very quick. As to is me Elise with cardboard box tune . Will now research your other tune offs . thanks everyone for your input .
I just a look the Elise arent n/a. I've got 876kg 212hp 98.2% power. I will try adding weight reduction too see how much I'm going to reduce the power.

Back