458 Tuning Help

• Thread starter Senojelyk
  • 7 comments
United States
Texas, USA
Senojelyk
So first off, I'm new to tuning, never messed with it in GT5/previous ones other then just borrowing tunes from here and inputting them into the game. I wanted to learn how to do it, so I started reading up with what GT6 said as to what each aspect does and my basic understanding of driving thus far.

What I'm trying to do is correct a pretty bad over steer issue I'm having with the 458 fully tuned, then power limited to make it 600PP. I tried Highlandor's tune on the main post in this forum and it was really causing me to over steer without trying. I then went to the track where it was most noticeable, High Speed Ring, specifically the first turn at high speed. I'd slow to a good cornering speed and ease into the corner and unless I take a lot of speed off and get passed by AI I couldn't get it to not slide the back end out. Tweaked a few things that seemed to help a little bit, but I'm working on the World Circuit Tour races in iA and can't get it to a level that its not a pain in the butt to focus to not over steer.

Not sure whether its just my set up, or bad driving... anybody else have issues with the fully tuned 458 over steering?

Here's the setup Highlandor used.. that I first had issues with:

Ride Height: 110/105
Spring Rate: 9.9/16.01
Compression: 3/1
Extension: 4/2
Anti-Roll Bars: 2/2
Camber: .5/.5
Toe: -.05/.02

Brakes: 5/5

LSD: 8/10/20

And here is what I am running now that I think is a little better at not causing over steer..

Ride Height: 115/88
Spring Rate: 9.5/18.00
Compression: 4/2
Extension: 6/3
Anti-Roll Bars: 3/4
Camber: .5/1.0
Toe: 0/.02

Brakes: 7/3

LSD: 10/15/20

Any advice on tuning or my general 458 over steer issue would be very much appreciated, thank you!

What tyres are you using?

Did you not read the first post on my tuning thread (why start a new thread...?)..

"For tweaking/trouble-shooting to YOUR needs:

Please advise: is it understeer/oversteer?

Where is this happening:

1) on brakes
2) lifting off brakes / apex
3) exiting corner

What are your:

Pad / wheel & settings
Driving style - "planted" or loose"

Leave the stock wheels, stock suspension and bring the acceleration and power LSD settings even lower 5/8/. Worked like a charm for me. No snap oversteer or under acceleration. Sport Hard Tires.

I have to say I still dislike this car though.

I've just tried the car in the Ia World Circuit Tour (even though my setup was for online only :rolleyes: )..

At Brands, without even pushing hard, or taking short cuts or ramming the AI, was in the lead by lap 3/5.. only time back end stepped out was when taking too much speed into the corners... I was on the tyres its allocated in my setup (sports mediums)..

??

What tyres are you using?

Did you not read the first post on my tuning thread (why start a new thread...?)..

"For tweaking/trouble-shooting to YOUR needs:

Please advise: is it understeer/oversteer?

Where is this happening:

1) on brakes
2) lifting off brakes / apex
3) exiting corner

What are your:

Pad / wheel & settings
Driving style - "planted" or loose"

Started a new thread not just to fix the issue I'm having with your tune, but hopefully someone would chime in on what my fixes did mechanically to help, and what I could fix to help it. Not trying to just get numbers to fix it, but rather learn how to fix it myself in the future. I want to be able to see what's happening with my driving style and understand what I can do to make it better. :)

No I didn't read your first post, I just did a forum search for 458 tune and found the post.. but its happening for me at all times, brakes, apex, exit.. even the final chicane on Francorchamps when I'm doing about 35 through it, if I'm not perfect with the wheel the back end will still slide out. Racing Hard tires.

Use DS3, left analog for steer, R2/L2 for throttle/brake. Not sure what you mean by planted/loose? I try to keep my driving style right now, as I'm still getting used to driving the 458, to a smooth in, smooth out kind of style, not too hard on the brakes, a low throttle through the apex and feather it coming out.

I've just tried the car in the Ia World Circuit Tour (even though my setup was for online only :rolleyes: )..

At Brands, without even pushing hard, or taking short cuts or ramming the AI, was in the lead by lap 3/5.. only time back end stepped out was when taking too much speed into the corners... I was on the tyres its allocated in my setup (sports mediums)..

??

Hope your not taking offense to me calling out your tune bro, I'm sure its great for you. For me it isn't working though, and I'm not saying its bad, just trying to learn how to adjust what I need to make it fit for me.

Not really an issue with the lead or not, had that fine.. the generic races like that I like to just take a fun car to drive and beat my lap times, its the more competitive races that I try and force myself to drive to victory, rather then just have a better car.

Dude - why dont you use an example that is relevant then...?

You're using a car in a different spec to mine (yours in maxed and power limited - how do we know you haven't done other things like change the wheels, or add ballast), in a different way (offline not online) & the wrong tyres, from a tuner that has a tuning garage that is there to tailor a setup to your needs (a service you didn't use)...

In future, please could you try and find a more relevant example(s) for your woes..

You're missing the whole point of my topic Highlandor, I don't really care that your tune isn't working, I'm not trying to tell you its broken or have you fix it for me. If I wanted that I'd pm you bro. I want to take a tune for my car that was for a different spec and tweak it to fit my spec and specifically my driving style. I used your tune here as an example of what wasn't working and what I did to fix it, hopefully somebody would get the point of my post and give me advice on what my fixes did and what I could further adjust to make it better, e.g. your ride height is jacked up and causing your over steer.. or something along those lines.

I'm trying to get advice on how to tune, specifically the 458 with an over steer issue. I don't want a service or garage or somebody to fix my issue, I want to fix it myself but need help in doing so.

Back