4AC or 4G32?

  • Thread starter Thread starter sliderulz
  • 2 comments
  • 1,265 views
Messages
1,276
My Galant's engine is stuffed (Rings are gone, no compression, cracked head, dodge thermostat) still runs but drinks coolant and oil like anything

My two choices are...

715+Fitting

1600 4G32 Second Hand Replacement
100hp
3 speed auto (already on car)

or

750 AUD

1600 4A-C Second Hand Engine (Out of 1985 Toyota AE86 Sprinter Aus Spec)
70hp
T50 5 speed gearbox
Toyota Sprinter Drive Shaft

what do ya wreckon, is the 30hp drop better as I can convert to manual and then mod the motor

or keep the auto and have 30 more hp.
 
I personally would just stick with the 4G32 if the second hand engine is good, The 4AC would be more work plus its nothing special.
 
I forgot to mention that the 4A-C comes with a straight through sports exhaust with single muffler (would have to be modified)

I could probably talk the guy with the 4AC engine down as I bought the Galant from him and he cracked the head before I got it (it was an accident).

He's rebuilding an AE86 as he had one in Feb that was crashed into and written off. He got the wreck back from the insurance company and 5000 dollars.

He stripped the wreck and bought an Aus spec one (which he also stripped). He had the Shell repainted, bodykit fitted. He put in the complete 4AGE Japanese spec drivetrain.

I was supposed to get the galant a coupla weeks ago but some problems came up with the sprinter. The latest is that a friend that put the wiring in for the ECU managed to put in a relay wrong and fry it.

It's at a dynotune joint now having all the last problems ironed out so hopefully I'll get the Galant next week.
 
Back