4hr Roadster Endurance: AI magic tyres?

  • Thread starter Thread starter brambos
  • 10 comments
  • 3,705 views
Messages
1,426
Messages
Burammm
I'm now 2 hours into the Roadster Endurance. It's more fun than I thought! Tsukuba is a bit cramped but it's growing on me (and so is that little roadster).

I'm wondering though... does the AI ever pit? I've already had to refresh my tyres three times, but 112 laps in, I've yet to see a single AI car go into the pits :crazy:

What's up with that? Do they have tyres made out of some magical indestructible rubber compound?
 
They definitely pit, but I'm not too sure when.

I remember I came into the pits right behind one of the cars so yeah, they do pit.
 
They do pit, it's just that they are very kind to the tyres. If you've done B-spec, they are ultra-defensive for the entire thing so don't wear out the tyres.
 
They pitted 3 times on mine, both in A-Spec & B-Spec.
 
I'm now 2 hours into the Roadster Endurance. It's more fun than I thought! Tsukuba is a bit cramped but it's growing on me (and so is that little roadster).

I'm wondering though... does the AI ever pit? I've already had to refresh my tyres three times, but 112 laps in, I've yet to see a single AI car go into the pits :crazy:

What's up with that? Do they have tyres made out of some magical indestructible rubber compound?

In two hours? I pitted three times only in this race, at the end of each of the first three hours. I used Sports Mediums, which the AI uses, and still ended up 4 laps in front of second place.

What tyres are you using?
 
Last edited:
There is another thing that existed in GT4 and disappeared in GT5. Info about all cars' pit stops in endurance races!
 
I really miss the "XXX car is pitting in..." message from GT4.
 
IIRC I pitted every 45 laps or so, can't remember what tires I had on though.
 
Crikey , I pitted evrey 30 minutes on Racing hards, ok so my roadster has been tuned a bit but I still won by 18 laps. I suppose a comfort hard would have lasted longer but man.. its wasn't too much of a chore pitting every 25 laps or so. It gives you a nice break to stretch. Most annoying is when I'd forget to tell it not to add fuel.. and would go out again with a full load when in reality you can get away with only a couple of refills on this one (maybe even just one if you're careful)
 
I think the AI only pitted once during my race and that was for fuel. I was pitting every 45 minutes on sports soft tyres.
 
Back