4K Resolution

Not sure where this thread should go but got a quick question about the 4K resolution. This game is in 4K right? My tv is a 4K tv but it's showing only 1080p resolution. Anyone know how to set the game up with my 4K tv?

Under Options > Video Output, it's showing 2K Output Mode for Playstation 4 Pro Console. Shouldn't it be showing 4K since my tv is a 4K?

Thanks for any advice!

Chances are it's your HDMI cable. You need a Premium HDMI (2.0) Try using the one the ps4 pro came with.

That being said, GT Sport doesn't do 4K native anyway, so you won't notice a difference between 2k/4k

Chances are it's your HDMI cable. You need a Premium HDMI (2.0) Try using the one the ps4 pro came with.

That being said, GT Sport doesn't do 4K native anyway, so you won't notice a difference between 2k/4k

I see, I thought GT Sport was in 4K resolution. My Vizio Smartcast app on my phone is showing the GT Sport if only 1080p. Very odd though.

Update:

I just figured why it's not showing 4K resolution. In order to get 4K resolution with the Vizio tv, you must use the HDMI 1 connection. I had the PS4 Pro connected to the HDMI 2 connection on the back of the Vizio. Once I put it on HDMI 1 with the PS4 Pro, it's showing 4K now.

Last edited:
Unless it's an 80' OLED curved display (and LG is better at OLED, as it's their patent Samsung uses [shhh]) a high end Vizio is what GT Sport is developed and tuned with... so it's the best experience- even though they aren't in quiiite the realm of Samsung/ LG.

Just my .2

You definitely notice a difference, if not only by the frame rate tanking at certain corners with standing starts :rolleyes:

GT Sport renders in 1800p checkerboard style. It is noticeably sharper than 1080p. HDR makes a bigger difference, which also works on a standard ps4. On some tvs you need to enable HDR first, use the correct HDMI port, don't use the old psvr breakout box in between (That will let 4K through, but not HDR) or a receiver that doesn't support hdmi 2.0.

You don't need a special cable. However with an older cable or too long of a cable you might get either nothing or the screen randomly blacking out when there are too many errors in the transmission.

Also when enabling HDR, make sure you do the HDR calibration correctly. If not, it can look worse than without. GT Sport supports HDR up to 10K nits. No tv exists yet that can display the full range. +5 seems to work best for my tv, just fiddle with it until it looks the best. (Too high and the sky whites out, too low gives you dull contrast)

Back