4K TV/Monitor for PS4 Pro/PS5 to enjoy GTS with better graphics

• Thread starter Lomic
  • 2 comments

Lomic

Premium
France
Concarneau
Lomic2
Hi, I've been reading some old threads about the subject, and I'd like to know what are your thoughts on this and your experience, as there must be a number of you that upgraded to 4K already.

Do you use OLED screens or QLED with lots of sectors that seem to be quite close in terms of blackness.

What about burn in, do you experience it ? Is it an old issue or is it still there. Is one of the various display technology more prone to burn in ? Or less ?

I am thinking to go on PS4 Pro if I can find a nice 4K screen for a reasonnable budget. I only use my "TV" for the PS4 (for gaming, Netflix & Disney+), currently I use a Iiyama 55" FullHD LCD Monitor.

And I will get a PS5 once GT7 is released or if comes another game I really want to play on PS5 (for the moment that is not the case).

Thanks !

Last edited:
It all depends on your budget. I have an OLED with HDMI 2.1. If you have any interest in getting a PS5, HDMI 2.1 might be something you'll be interested in. It allows for up to 4K at 120hz.

I have no burn in after more than a year of very heavy use but I do take some precautions, just in case. For instance, if I'm just watching TV shows or YouTube, I have modes for that with the OLED light set to around 80. For gaming and movies and such, I have it cranked to 100.

Games tend to have a ton of static imagery so the risk of burn in is there but the televisions these days have features like pixel shifting and screen refresh to help with these things. I game a lot and have had no issue with burn in.

GT Sport makes excellent use of HDR so you may want a TV with good HDR capabilities. Just because a TV has HDR, doesn't mean it's HDR is any good. I know this because I had a cheaper Samsung LED TV before my current TV. I gave it away to family when I realized I would need HDMI 2.1 to get the most out of the PS5. It was HDR capable but you could have fooled me.

I like RTings.com for all information regarding televisions. I would have been lost without them. Go there, type in the model number of the television you're interested in, and they will break it down for you in detail. I have the LG C9 and it is a good one. I got it shortly before the CX was released so it was slightly less expensive than at launch.

Last edited:
It all depends on your budget[...] HDMI 2.1 might be something you'll be interested in. It allows for up to 4K at 120hz[...] I have no burn in after more than a year of very heavy use but I do take some precautions[...]I game a lot and have had no issue with burn in[...] you may want a TV with good HDR capabilities[...] I like RTings.com for all information regarding televisions
Thanks for your feedback.

You are right, I've already noted some technical specifications I'll have to look at, namely HDMI 2.1 and HDR10, and to check that the support is not only on paper. All display technologies are available with those specs, so I was more curious to have feed-back on burn in on OLED (as far as I know, it looks like QLED and LED are less prone to burn in).

Cool to know that you don't have burn in after one year of heavy use. I am not gaming everyday (except since I came back to GTS in june, but it is mainly to do a daily workout, so not long hours), and I watch series from time to time, when I found one I enjoy. Other than that I don't use my TV screen. I watch Youtube on my computer.

A friend of mine gave me the link for RTings, very useful !

Back