4WD Ruf and understeer.

Mexico
Mexico
Hi guys.

Been obsessed with Porsches recently so i bought a Ruf in GT2.

There's a way to get rid totally of understeer in 4WD Ruf cars (especially the Turbo R) or at least make them handle more like a FR?

I've tried a lot of setups but there's not so much contrast and the guides i've read 've been kinda useful but sometimes confusing (i.e some state toe-in to improve steering but others say the contrary). Also seems that Ruf cars being rear engined behave the opposite way of the theory in the guides (more intended to tune FF, FR and front engined 4WDs).

For now i'm practicing braking to enter curves at a fair speed.

Thanks in advance

You want to cut down on the understeer, got it. Here some tuning suggestions, keep in mind the Porsche can't do a racing mod for downforce (only stock downforce):

- Use a soft LSD setting in the front, hard in the Rear (ex. 5 - 20 - 10 front lsd, 10 - 40 - 30 rear lsd)
- Use a stiff suspension set up in the front, hard in the rear (ex. 7.5 front spring, 12.5 rear spring and 4 bound /6 rebound front shocks, 8 bound /10 rebound rear shocks)
- Use a high camber setting in the front, low in the rear (ex. -3.0 front camber, -2.0 rear camber)
- Use a high toe-out on the front toe, low neutral-in on the rear (ex. -2 front toe, 0 or +2 rear toe)

Back