4Wheel drive VS rear wheel drive

• Thread starter dennisw
  • 22 comments
dennisw
dennisw
some say 4ws have superb handling and they can beat every other front engine rwd (fr in gt4)car, others say that they are heavy, understeering, slow cars.

i am going to do a couple of tests, to see whad drivetrain is the best.
4wd car: Nissan skyline Vspec 2 Nür 2002
Fr cars: chevy camaro ss 2000, and:
corvette Z06 C5 2000.

i did 3 tests,
test 1: on tsukuba
test 2: 1000m drag
test 3: Grandvalley east reverse.

i've chosen the 2 track that i know the best, so i can push the limit out of the cars, i gave myself 4 laps a car.

car spec's:
Nissan skyline: 373 hp 512nm torque and 1326kg
chevy camaro: 365hp 524nm torque and 1326kg
chevy corvette: 385hp 485nmtorque and 1326kg
(no aids)

the camaro and the skyline were just as fast at the straight end of grand valley, the corvette was 9-12 km/h's faster.

TEST 1: Tsukuba

Nissan Skyline:
lap time (*= best lap)
1 1'03.155
2 1'01.751
3 1'00.896
4 1'00.803*

Chevy camaro:
1 1'05.162
2 1'03.753
3 1'02.202*
4 1'02.596

Chevy corvette
1 1'02.660
2 1'02.143
3 1'01.196
4 1'01.163*

best laps:
#1 Skyline:1'00.803
#2 Corvette: 1'01.163
#3 Camaro: 1'02.202

WINNER!!

the Skyline is in the lead, but maybe the corvette has neough power to drag it out on the 1000m strip, or maybe the camaro show's his muscle.

i am now taking a break because my fingers are sore, next results be tomorrow.

Last edited:
the camaro and the skyline were just as fart at the straight end of both tracks, the corvette was 9-12 km/h's faster

just as "fart?" :lol: I think you mean just as "fast"...

just as "fart?" :lol: I think you mean just as "fast"...

ewww yes hehe
still need to change that

TEST 2:

what i think: skyline is fast off the line but the corvette winns with 0.010 because his power advantage.

Skyline:
(*=best time)
try time
1 0'22.844*
2 0'22.846
3 0'22.850

corvette:
1 0'25.201
2 0'23.830*
3 0'24.121

camaro:
1 0'25.303
2 0'23.893*
3 0'23.992

best times:
1 Skyline: 0'22.844
2 Corvette: 0'23.830
3 Camaro: 0'23.893

Standings:
1 Skyline with 2 points
2 Corvette and camaro with 0 points

pictures are coming tomorrow, also new test results, and new tests!

Last edited:
Funny, cause as far as I have tested, the Corvette blows the Skyline off the track in every track I have used both so far 👍

C-L, driver skill has a lot to do in this area. Your driving of the Vette might be 10 times better than dennisw's. We don't know all the factors here. :)

In saying that though, I reckon I could knock some quicker times out of the RWD monsters. I might check this out after my TCv5 entries and GME stuff is done. 👍

Funny, cause as far as I have tested, the Corvette blows the Skyline off the track in every track I have used both so far 👍

i have them at the same weigth, so it will be a fair battle, if you put a stock skyline vs a 100+ kg lighter corvette, sure, then the vette wil win 💡

but the skyline is a little bit tuned also:) (about the same hp as the vette)

I reckon I could knock some quicker times out of the RWD monsters.

me to, and also with the skyline, for the next test i will completly push the cars to their limit

But it's not a fair battle and you just explained why in your post, that's why I referred to your driving, and you confirmed that by saying you'll drive them all out next time. :sly:

Look at the stats this way:
Nissan skyline: 373 hp 512nm torque and 1326kg
chevy camaro: 365hp 524nm torque and 1326kg
chevy corvette: 385hp 485nmtorque and 1326kg

So, the Nissan has a minimum of Stage 1, maybe Stage 2 weight reduction and an oil change or something minimal for power.

The Camaro has an extra 60hp or so over stock, plus some weight reduction.

The Corvette however, is stock except for some weight reduction.

Then take the traction into account for 4WD vs FR, huge difference in sprint numbers over the first 200m, the GT-R will smash the pair of GM's senseless.

Then add the fact you had to ballast all the rides to balance the weights out, where did you place the ballast?? And was it placed at -50, 0 or 50??

Then you haven't told us if ANY of the cars have any driveline mods, or suspension. ;)

See what I mean, there's a lot of factors you haven't put in there for the common man to interpret and breakdown into one common denominator in this test.

So, in saying that, I'm going to put a bet that the GT-R goes 3 & 0 when you test at GVS. :) But it's not a definitive go at what's going on between the cars. :cool:

I suggest you take a look at my Spec-C vs E8 MR comparison (do a search! :P) and see what I did. I tested them both completely stock, then both fully worked. When they were stock, you couldn't seperate them with a tissue. Then after being worked, with a near 50hp & torque advantage and having similar weight to the Spec-C, the Evo got smashed when both were fully tuned to the sound of 1.5sec per lap around GVS.

the skyline has another mod, the re bore, so it has allmost the sam hp as the vette.
i put the ballast at 0.
they have no driveline mods, everything is stock, exept the weight and the power of the vehicles, they are made allmost the same for an honest battle

(the vette winns at gvs.)

The Skyline is slightly done with an oil change & rebore.
The Camaro is more modified than that.
The Vette is stock as a boat, no oil change, nothing.

Also, you want ALL the cars to have almost identical power, say a difference -/+ 2hp. 20hp isn't close dennis. :)

And the Vette wins? I reckon you sandbagged the GT-R to make me look incorrect. :P

no i didnt sandbag the skyline!
and, the camaro has much more torque, and it has the same speed as the skyline on the straight at gvs.

and like i said also: the camaro and the skyline were just as fart at the straight end of grand valley, the corvette was 9-12 km/h's faster.

BUT: if it tune the skyline with as much hp as the vette and i give the vette an oil change, i think the skyline wiil win, because it now misses the 9-12 kmh at the straight

Which it gains from takeoff. :) The Camaro is still 20hp down on the Vette so I expected the 10km/h slower speeds, regardless of the weight. The GT-R, put that down to drivetrain losses. :P

I was joking with the sandbagging though, hence the :P. 👍

ok i now have the skyline at 403 an the vette at 404hp
pic:

i am now going to drag again.
and do like 40 laps each on gvs

cant enduro yet, i lost my good memorycard in a big basked of lego,
i am now a 20% i think

(HOLY COW my litle brother just found it lol :dunce:)
and i actually wanted to race at the east section:dopey:

Last edited:
cant enduro yet, i lost my good memorycard in a big basked of lego,
i am now a 20% i think

(HOLY COW my litle brother just found it lol :dunce:)
and i actually wanted to race at the east section:dopey:

Siiiiiiiiiiiick, don't you love it when little brothers come to good use. :P

I'm the youngest in my family so I always came to good use for my siblings when it came to finding stuff in hard to find places. :lol:

Is that 20% on the MC your brother just found?? :)

Siiiiiiiiiiiick, don't you love it when little brothers come to good use. :P

I'm the youngest in my family so I always came to good use for my siblings when it came to finding stuff in hard to find places. :lol:

Is that 20% on the MC your brother just found?? :)

yea offcours i love it:), now he deserved a cookie:tup:

no he found my 100% savegame(memorycard)

He deserves 2 cookies then. 👍

I'm really glad he did find it, that's just made a hunch of mine seem that more right. :mischievous:

PM being sent.

me to, i've put blood sweat and tears in that savegame, LOL

(lap 5 with the vette:1'08.744 so far, maybe i can nibble 1-2 seconds of)
this turns out different than with less hp, lap 4, skyline: 1'08.396, and i can still nibble like 1 second off i think, i just found the right line for the skyline.

Last edited:
no i didnt sandbag the skyline!
and, the camaro has much more torque, and it has the same speed as the skyline on the straight at gvs.

and like i said also: the camaro and the skyline were just as fart at the straight end of grand valley, the corvette was 9-12 km/h's faster.

BUT: if it tune the skyline with as much hp as the vette and i give the vette an oil change, i think the skyline wiil win, because it now misses the 9-12 kmh at the straight

Seriously, work on the English.

Latest Posts

Back