5 plus years of development for this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Messages
307
Messages
super13brotary
I'll start with pros cause its a way smaller list-
stunning visuals
a handfull of new tracks
absolutely amazing physics
cockpit view
cool tire smoke burned pavement
race adjust mode is fun to use

my BIG list of cons -
cannot transfer money to friends
cannot transfer cars from the $45 demo we all bought and played cause we were assured we could by PD
trading is ruined because birthday glich
online servers are unreliable
ridiculous update/install time
xp, why do you recieve the same xp for racing a lemans car in the euro hatch, as you would recieve from actually using a euro hatch in the euro hatch
missing ability to open doors and drop tops in photo mode
every car released after 2005 is not premium...why not
standard cars need to always be able to change wheels / paints
trading cars can become lost forever
TERRIBLE PRIZE CAR LIST
not every car can be sold
ridiculous for sale prices
vehicle damage looks absolutely terrible
players cannot re-win cars in cups/championships
playing online does not earn money/xp
rushed out the door aero parts in gt auto
stupid choices for picking what is premium and standard
missing used wheel lot
missing the ability to choose any wheel for any premium car
very very very unreal/simulation AI driving behavior
b spec is missing fast-forward time function
g25/g27 steering wheels don't fully function
one make race championships are fully missing from a spec (not those dumb one make races in the practice zone which don't give money or xp)
dozens of trim levels of cars no one wants
hundreds of cars no one will buy, race, drive, take photos of, sell, gift or even look at.
annoying jeff gordan commentary
missing good real life circuits (spa, silverstone, road atl, yaz marina, hockenhime ring, sao paulo, ebisu, sebring...ect I could go on for days)
missing good original tracks from GT4
missing lots of Brands, Porsche, Konesiggen, arial atom ect.
 
take notice i did not complain about game play, some things are difficult in this game but I love that, I'm only complaining about 6 years of missing features and bonehead decisions
 
I can see this thread getting locked pretty quickly...

Everone is entitled to their own opinion, but moaning on here isn't going to solve a thing. And to be honest, you're not really bringing anything new to the discussion...
 
yes, PD I'm talking to you, get your stuff together or many people are moving on to other franchises and racing titles.

I have stuck with you since I picked up a PS2 GT3 bundle in 2000, I have 99.9% GT3, 100% GT4 TWICE!!!! I bought a HD TV, a ps3 and a force feedback wheel in 2007 in hopes of this game being the best thing ever.

currently I rate my Gt5 experience as a 82% B-

quit disappointing your fan base
 
After spending an awesome afternoon getting my butt handed to me repeatedly in some brilliant online I'm prepared to forgive everything. Online in prologue was great when it was good. Totally changed the GT experience for me. But we needed one thing - private rooms. Now we got them.

Yes there's a truckload of dumb design decisions been made along the way. Yes there's a truckload of no-brainer stuff that hasn't been included.

I don't care. I'll be playing this for years to come!
 
OK,

You're an F1 fan. So am I but I don't expect all the F1 tracks to be on the roster. Spa would have been nice. It's not there; we semi-expected it would be. I've learned to accept it.

The "economy" is a bit broken in terms of event availability and also (more importantly) level-restrictions on buying a "typical car" that is competing in the event you are eligible to compete in. There is a bit of a grind-culture with online having no-XP. I personally think that is wrong as it means one has to decide whether they want to play against (lol) "intelligent" racers online with no XP, or grind themselves silly offline to advance their career.

Missing brands, tracks etc is just how it is. Licensing, design choice...

Vehicle damage is terrible I agree. I'm not sure what the official stance is on any patches we'll receive to change this, or whether the damage we were shown and told would be present for "some models" was a bit "wafty and misleading". Personally damage doesn't interest me unless it's universal, performance-affecting, and realistic (which it will obviously never be in GT5,6 or even 7)

I love this game for what it is though. I could keep typing all night but I'll leave it there.
 
yea, you could add in lack of actual races to compete in. :D
 
I can see this thread getting locked pretty quickly...

Everone is entitled to their own opinion, but moaning on here isn't going to solve a thing. And to be honest, you're not really bringing anything new to the discussion...

so lock it tough guy....

I'm a huge enthusiast thus have a strong opinion, not just some 13 year old who's mom just bought them this and compares it to nfs and gta driving.

this game is borderline disappointing in 30 ways I just listed, if I thought about it I could list countless more ways it lets me down
 
If its that bad just go play forza or gt4 until gt6 comes out. You people that bitch about 99% of the game are annoying. Also if you don't like the normal everday cars and the obscure and random cars like the vw bus then then the GT series is not for you. You're complaining about one of the games best features.
 
god!!!

everyone gets it now, we know what is "missing" no need to post yet another

"i'm disappointed with GT5" thread

:banghead:
 
yes, PD I'm talking to you, get your stuff together or many people are moving on to other franchises and racing titles.

I have stuck with you since I picked up a PS2 GT3 bundle in 2000, I have 99.9% GT3, 100% GT4 TWICE!!!! I bought a HD TV, a ps3 and a force feedback wheel in 2007 in hopes of this game being the best thing ever.

currently I rate my Gt5 experience as a 82% B-

quit disappointing your fan base

I think the sales beg to differ.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean every does. I'd bet there are far more happy with the game than disappointed.

A B- is bad? If you're disappointed in something wouldn't you rate it like a F or D.
 
I love the hell out of this game and have already put 2,500 miles on it (more if I didn't work so much)

I really wish pd would have made a product that anyone can see blows forza up, its not the case and forza still beats it in some category
 
Please spare us. How many times are we going to get this "5 years for this?" clap trap.

It does seem to be coming down a bit though, first it was 6 years, then it was 5.5 and now 5 years...
 
If its that bad just go play forza or gt4 until gt6 comes out. You people that bitch about 99% of the game are annoying.

and 100% of the people that say go play another game are morons.
 
before its locked id like to say

the game only been in development for 3 years
despite what those reviews say

very very very unreal/simulation AI driving behavior

that has alot to do with how YOU drive
 
everyone knows this is a complaint/praise thread, if your not here to complain or praise this game, why did you open the thread ?
 
I think the sales beg to differ.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean every does. I'd bet there are far more happy with the game than disappointed.

a disappointing release won't kill sales for the current game it's the next one that will get hit. if another comes out i'll be more likely to wait for it to go to the greatest hits sales rack, definitely not going to order a CE again.
 
before its locked id like to say

the game only been in development for 3 years
despite what those reviews say


oh do you have a link confirming that?
 
so lock it tough guy....

I'm a huge enthusiast thus have a strong opinion, not just some 13 year old who's mom just bought them this and compares it to nfs and gta driving.

this game is borderline disappointing in 30 ways I just listed, if I thought about it I could list countless more ways it lets me down

I'm not a mod, nor am I appealing to the mods to close it down. I apologise sincerely if that is the impression I gave, it was not intended. I was merely saying that experience and past instances have shown that threads like this will be closed down, that's all.

I can see quite clearly that you are impassioned, as am I. I am also annoyed with some of the features that the game lacks, one of the things that I miss is the direct to Youtube uploading. I too would love to see more tracks, but that's for PD to do, and we can't influence that much unless PD ask us directly in a poll.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back