500 for 200 society

• Thread starter Coastin'
  • 25 comments
rqzm20.png

Welcome ladies and gentlemen,
to the newest of our automobile based societies, always in mind that the game of Gran Turismo 2 was one of the major accomplishments in video gaming
and it still deserves more attention that it gets in the present time.
As you may have already guessed from the name, we are dedicating our membership to the achievement
of reaching 200 miles per hour while keeping one's car to reach said speed with no more than 500 horse powers.
Other activies include technical discussions and tea times.

I may now list the club's members, each with the car and test result he or she applied with
(which is formally done by posting a screenshot showing the maximum speed and another one showing the cars spec sheet).
Multiple entries are possible as soon as the individual qualified for the club once.

2f0c93t.png

Coastin'
Toyota Aristo V300 '97 (497HP, 3296lbs) - 200,8 mph
AMG E 55 (497HP, 3353lbs) - 200,23 mph

tomo 427 S/C
[R] Ford GT40 '69 (492HP, 2200lbs) - 212,14 mph
AMG C43 (500HP, 3080lbs) - 201,42 mph
RUF BTR Type II (500HP, 2432lbs) - 201,28 mph

34zexzb.png

Coastin'
TVR Griffith Blackpool B340 (352HP, 2150lbs) - 201,24 mph

Welsh-Fury
Mazda MX-5 Miata C-Spec (339HP, 2048lbs) - 205,32 mph

9hnimb.png

Welsh-Fury
Lotus Motorsport Elise (299HP, 1419lbs) - 201,27 mph
[R] Tommykaira ZZ-S Coupe (279HP, 1316lbs) - 200,20 mph
Lotus Europa (263HP, 1432lbs) - 201,5 mph

Last edited:
And not to screw up the clean layout of the original post, here's my and also the whole club's first entry:

Fat boys, fat boys, what cha gonna do? What cha gonna do when they come for you? Being amazed at their speed is what you do. I present my little under 500 HP Aristo which ran up to 323,16 kilometers per hour (which is exactly 200,8 miles per hour) before hitting the finish line at the local test course. Settings include camber degree lowering and overall gear setup of 17 amongst others.

200yzqo.jpg

wufkeh.jpg

attachment.php

attachment.php

Mazda Miata C-Spec (J)

2,048LBS - 339HP

Alone - 205.32 MPH

Drafting - 230.56 MPH

Streamline with drafting behind the HKS Drag. By itself, it does about 203-205 MPH.

Attachments

• Miata Specs.png
    Miata Specs.png
    19.5 KB · Views: 114
  • Miata 205.PNG
    Miata 205.PNG
    9.7 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
I must say i love your car choice, tomo. The GT40 is one of the masterpieces of automobile history, both visually and technically. Yet, regarding the weight, it's not that much of a challenge to go up to 200. But allow me a question: How did you manage to make 90.000.000 in 47 days?

And thanks for you entry, too, Fury. I'd appreciate you making another run to see how it runs without streamlining, just out of curiosity. I'll put your results in the list anyway. :)

And another one. First entry in the 400 for 200 premium club since i can't officially use Fury's result as it was streamlined and with no screeny proof. But i'm sure you can change that, right?

2i9p0xs.jpg

1z54xhc.jpg

I must say i love your car choice, tomo. The GT40 is one of the masterpieces of automobile history, both visually and technically. Yet, regarding the weight, it's not that much of a challenge to go up to 200. But allow me a question: How did you manage to make 90.000.000 in 47 days?
Ah, simple. One save i used a money cheat to experiment things, and the other i use to properly race and earn it.
It's so I don't waste money on things, i can check em out first.

Edited my post. Look above for the Miata. Both streamline and alone.

*Evil Smile*

300 for 200 Club now. If no one believes me, I'll record a video from the speed achieved screen directly to the car specs screen so you know I was racing within limits.

Lotus Motorsport Elise - 299HP - 201.27MPH

attachment.php

attachment.php

Also, got a question, can you only get on the leaderboard via Max Speed test, or streamlining count too?

Last edited:
Tears of joy, my dear friend. I tried to achieve the same using various cars, like the Tommy Kaira ZZ-S, but could never get them to go more than 190 mph. You've got my respect.

Oh, and streamlining is only allowed for accelerating. If the max cannot be held above 200 when leaving the opponents back the result can not be considered entry worthy. Single races are most appreciated though as they're least complicated to check for cheating.

Last edited:
Tears of joy, my dear friend. I tried to achieve the same using various cars, like the Tommy Kaira ZZ-S, but could never get them to go more than 190 mph. You've got my respect.

Oh, and streamlining is only allowed for accelerating. If the max cannot be held above 200 when leaving the opponents back the result can not be considered entry worthy. Single races are most appreciated though as they're least complicated to check for cheating.

205.32MPH is the Miata's max speed as 230.65MPH was streamlining behind the HKS Drag. Also, I too myself tried to get the mighty 200 with the Tommy Kaira ZZ-S with 279HP. I just couldn't get it with 196.02MPH. ^-^

Last edited:
Fat boys, fat boys, what cha gonna do? What cha gonna do when they come for you? Being amazed at their speed is what you do. See What I did There?
I'm Really enjoying looking for 500 for 200 cars.
2cs6p88.jpg

adkspj.jpg

With the Tommykaira ZZ-S Coupe, I tested the max speed of it going through the Seattle Circuit wall. The max speed I got is 202.14MPH at 279HP, but I want to have the 200 on the Test Course which seems to only get me to 199.34MPH. Coastin', you were really onto something with this car. XD

attachment.php

Last edited:
Again... Lowering the bar for the 200MPH max...

[R] Tommykaira ZZ-S Coupe

1,316LBS - 279HP - 200.2MPH

attachment.php

attachment.php

Attachments

• TK ZZ-S C - 200.PNG
    TK ZZ-S C - 200.PNG
    9.8 KB · Views: 103
  • TK ZZ-S C - 200 -Specs.PNG
    TK ZZ-S C - 200 -Specs.PNG
    9.1 KB · Views: 103
Getting my proof pics uploaded for my 200 mph Pulsar GTi-R

Honourable Mention: 198.87 mph 312 hp Spoon Integra.

EDIT:I can't get the numbers to show up because of my cell phone's crap-quality camera. Dismiss. :irked:

Cheers,
Jetboy

Last edited:
Fury, i am jealous. I set my personal goal to get the ZZ-S to 200 before you do but it seems like you won. Great job, folk! I'll see if there are any other candidates left for "300 for 200". Tried the Europa but the banked turns drive the suspension of that car crazy. No chance to ever get that to work.

And tomo, i like your choice of the AMG E class to race up to 200.

No updates from myself, sadly. Had to deal with university, internet and bicycle problems all day long. :(

Last edited:
Fury, i am jealous. I set my personal goal to get the ZZ-S to 200 before you do but it seems like you won. Great job, folk! I'll see if there are any other candidates left for "300 for 200". Tried the Europa but the banked turns drive the suspension of that car crazy. No chance to ever get that to work.

And tomo, i like your choice of the AMG E class to race up to 200 but for said ride as well as the RUF i need spec sheets to validate your result. Thanks for your participation, though!

No updates from myself, sadly. Had to deal with university, internet and bicycle problems all day long. :(

What the? I've taken the pics in the exact same places as the GT40 and it was OK.

I'm sorry, my browser just didn't made the spec pics show up. I've figured them out by now and you'll find them in the list in just a minute.

Coastin', I managed to get it to work very, very well. Along side of learning proper gear ratios for max power at 200, I learned how to better to set up the car to not be very bouncy around the curves.

[R] Lotus Europa

Suspension:

Tires/Front: Simulation
Tires/Rear: Super Soft

Spring Rate/Front: 12lbs/in
Spring Rate/Rear: 10lbs/in

Ride Height Front/Rear: 104

Damper Bound/Rebound Front/Rear: 7

Camber Front: 2.5
Camber Rear: 1.5

Toe Front/Rear: 0*

Stabilizer Front/Rear: Level 3

Gears:

Only change Auto Setup: Sports/ 17 /Wide

Downforce:

Front: 0.12
Rear: 0.21

This car is well capable of 210MPH at 299 HP, it's now to drop it to see the minimum HP possible. Just be sure to ride the corner low and avoid more then needed cornering (Tap the turn button).

[R] Lotus Europa

1,432LBS - 263HP - 201.5MPH

attachment.php

attachment.php

Coastin', please understand, I'm not trying to take away your goals. You just have the cars that get the job done. I'm working on the Tommykaira ZZIII right now. It "Might" get the 200 marker with 276HP max.

Attachments

• Europa - 263HP - 201MPH.PNG
    Europa - 263HP - 201MPH.PNG
    9.3 KB · Views: 95
  • Europa - 263HP - 201MPH - Specs.PNG
    Europa - 263HP - 201MPH - Specs.PNG
    9.8 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Nah, don't worry, i don't have a hard time dealing with that. At least i can claim the crown of pushing the biggest heavyweight to 200:

AMG E 55
200,23 mph
3353 lbs

2akn59y.jpg

a2u2y9.jpg

Why not push the Austin-Martin's to 200? Three of the four cars available I believe are well over two tons.

Some amazing speeds achieved with amazingly low power figures here :drool:. Keep up the good work guys 👍.

Looks like Coastin's MIA since November, but looking over past threads this one caught my eye since I'd recently been doing some top speed testing.

Theoretically, there are only two things which go into determining top speed potential: the CdA (coefficient of drag area) and the hp. Weight only affects how long it will take you to get to top speed, it doesn't change your top speed potential.

The sleekest cars in the game will have a minimum CdA of about 0.52 m^2 (the RX-7's ar at 0.523), and doing some calculations, you'll need about 327hp to have a chance at 200mph. To make 200mph at 300hp, you'd need a CdA of around .475.

So I guess I'm a little bit surprised to see any cars with 300hp or less able to beat 200mph. One explanation is that PD fudged some of the CdA's, and this is actually very likely, since in my testing I've found a few examples already where this must be the case (though in all of those examples the CdA was in error on the high side, so that the cars I was testing couldn't go as fast as they should.)

Many of the cars tested above have CdA's closer to 0.64 m^2, which means they'd need about 402hp to beat 200mph.

Sleek cars with about 700hp should be able to make 250mph+, but nothing in the game should be able to get over about 280mph.

Just going on theory here, let me know if you have examples to argue differently.

Back