$50K Budget what vehicle would you get?

United States
Wichita, KS
Greenlightning
I am considering upgrading to a new vehicle around Thanksgiving or by superbowl weekend.

My scenario:

Live close to work so drive on average 120 miles or less a week and typically less then $15,000 miles a year.
I typically would not need room for more then two people. Reliability is high on my list, would expect or want to keep the vehicle for 10 plus years.
Except might consider trading in in 5 years if my needs have changed or gas prices have gone crazy.
Do not necessarily need a lot of cargo space, but would certainly be nice to have decent space. A vehicle that is decent in all weather would be best.

I like most of the current retro muscle cars and if was to choose one it would be the challenger, although the mustang is perhaps the cheapest option.
I am not a fan of the SUV's although I think the Chevy Equinox is one of the better looking "non luxury models".

I am leaning towards the Chevy Colorado ZR1 and maybe crew cab. I have for the most part been a loyal Nissian buyer for most of my vehicles and have owned and currently own Nissian Frontier Extend Cab 4x4 and a focus hatch back. If I was a penny pincher suppose could settle for a new mostly basic Nissian truck.
After 30 years of putting in 50 hours or more a week and with child support ending next summer - think's it time for a reward.

The only negative with the Chevy Colorado that I see is the gas mileage, but that is same with all trucks and still same or better then what I am getting now. I would like to take more and longer road trips in the coming years and who knows what the gas prices might be in a couple of years. Except for the most part it has stabilized and certainly know where near where it was after 2001.

Just looking to see what your general thoughts are, not necessarily on my situation but maybe your own situation if you have recently purchased or will purchase in the next 6 months.

I am considering upgrading to a new vehicle around Thanksgiving or by superbowl weekend.

My scenario:

Live close to work so drive on average 120 miles or less a week and typically less then $15,000 miles a year.
I typically would not need room for more then two people. Reliability is high on my list, would expect or want to keep the vehicle for 10 plus years.
Except might consider trading in in 5 years if my needs have changed or gas prices have gone crazy.
Do not necessarily need a lot of cargo space, but would certainly be nice to have decent space. A vehicle that is decent in all weather would be best.

I like most of the current retro muscle cars and if was to choose one it would be the challenger, although the mustang is perhaps the cheapest option.
I am not a fan of the SUV's although I think the Chevy Equinox is one of the better looking "non luxury models".

I am leaning towards the Chevy Colorado ZR1 and maybe crew cab. I have for the most part been a loyal Nissian buyer for most of my vehicles and have owned and currently own Nissian Frontier Extend Cab 4x4 and a focus hatch back. If I was a penny pincher suppose could settle for a new mostly basic Nissian truck.
After 30 years of putting in 50 hours or more a week and with child support ending next summer - think's it time for a reward.

The only negative with the Chevy Colorado that I see is the gas mileage, but that is same with all trucks and still same or better then what I am getting now. I would like to take more and longer road trips in the coming years and who knows what the gas prices might be in a couple of years. Except for the most part it has stabilized and certainly know where near where it was after 2001.

Just looking to see what your general thoughts are, not necessarily on my situation but maybe your own situation if you have recently purchased or will purchase in the next 6 months.

You could always go for a Diesel ZR2. Should be pretty decent on fuel economy and you can use the word "Duramax" for conversations. If you're also looking at muscle cars, why not a used Corvette?

If your insurance would allow you to buy 2 cars you could go for a low end all wheel drive and a nice 2 seater ragtop, think about the fun factor.

Back