50's-80'sMusic 

  • Thread starter Thread starter 08ViperACR
  • 9 comments
  • 962 views
Messages
116
Messages
indistructo
Messages
indistructo
Discuss your favorite songs from these time era's. 80's is personally my favorite era.
 
Deffinately the 80s.
Van Halen, U2, Boston, etc. etc.

EDIT: How the hell did I forget The Who?
 
Last edited:
gogatrs
Deffinately the 80s.
Van Halen, U2, Boston, etc. etc.

+1 Van Halen is my favorite band
 
1980's for sure. You had the New Wave of British Heavy Metal, with bands like Iron Maiden, Judas Priest, Motorhead, Def Leppard, etc. Then you also had thrash..Metallica, Megadeth, Anthrax, Slayer, Testament, Exodus, Overkill, etc. Then you have bands like Guns N' Roses, Skid Row, Motely Crue, Cinderella, what most people consider boderlie "glam" (I consider it metal). I'd have to put the 1970's second, as I don't care for 50's or 60's music.
 
It has to be 80's from me too. If I have to put a finger to what drove me to that conclusion is that groove ruled the world - as Barry White puts it.
 
80's was the last great decade for music, but I'd have to go with the 60's as my favorite musical decade.
 
EDIT: How the hell did I forget The Who?

Because The Who aren't an 80's band.

All of the decades were damn good for music. No such thing as a 'best' decade, however out of all four decades I end to listen to the 60's/70's the most.
 
Recently I've rediscovered Doo-Wop, so I'm for the '50's.
 
Has to be the late 50's and 60's for me, some absolute classics, in particular the rock and roll scene.
 
DGiant2000
Has to be the late 50's and 60's for me, some absolute classics, in particular the rock and roll scene.

I have been listening to quite a bit more 60's than usually, there are some kick ass songs in there.
 
Back