512BB 550pp/SH Tune

United States
United States
SoVZ9Xf.jpg

Here is my tune for the 1976 Ferrari 512 BB, I purchased this car mainly because I needed something for the classic supercar festival and did not want to break the bank on a Muira. Out of the box the 512 was the typical tail happy MR in GT6, what I ended up with is quickly becoming my favorite car to drive and turned out be be quite the capable 550pp rocket on street tires. This is my first tuning attempt for GT6 but due to my personal success with this car and how enjoyable it is to drive I am sharing this with the community. I have been running this car in 650pp max races with ss allowed and still winning with this setup and earned the David and Goliath trophy.

UPDATE: I added SS tires and ran this in a GT allstars race on apricot hill 650pp RH limits) passed the fxx on final lap, I then raced in the world circuit tour brands hatch race (600pp RH race car limits) won this race very easily.

A few quick notes:
Tuned with ds3 sensitivity at 2
ABS 1 everything else off
I play offline 90% of the time

Feedback and tips to improve the setup are appreciated, but if you have not driven the car in stock form please refrain from criticizing this tune.

If you give her too much gas in the turn she will still bite you and slide pretty hard, I have found most slides to fall into the comfortable realm being easily managed by just nudging the nose where I want it and backing off the throttle.

Specs: 1976 Ferrari 512 BB
550pp
514hp/440ft lb
1152kg
2.24kg/hp

Parts used:
Racing brakes
fully custom suspension
Fully custom transmission
Fully custom lsd
Engine tuning stage 2
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Iso exhaust manifold
sports catalytic converter
weight reduction stage 3
window weight reduction

Cost to build including car: $220,000

Suspension
100/100
8.00/12.50
2/2
3/3
4/5
0.0/0.0
0.00/0.20

Brakes
6/4

Transmission
Keep stock ratios, adj top speed to 199

LSD

jW30hOc.jpg

Last edited:
SoVZ9Xf.jpg

Here is my tune for the 1976 Ferrari 512 BB, I purchased this car mainly because I needed something for the classic supercar festival and did not want to break the bank on a Muira. Out of the box the 512 was the typical tail happy MR in GT6, what I ended up with is quickly becoming my favorite car to drive and turned out be be quite the capable 550pp rocket on street tires. This is my first tuning attempt for GT6 but due to my personal success with this car and how enjoyable it is to drive I am sharing this with the community. I have been running this car in 650pp max races with ss allowed and still winning with this setup and earned the David and Goliath trophy.

UPDATE: I added SS tires and ran this in a GT allstars race on apricot hill 650pp RH limits) passed the fxx on final lap, I then raced in the world circuit tour brands hatch race (600pp RH race car limits) won this race very easily.

A few quick notes:
Tuned with ds3 sensitivity at 2
ABS 1 everything else off
I play offline 90% of the time

Feedback and tips to improve the setup are appreciated, but if you have not driven the car in stock form please refrain from criticizing this tune.

If you give her too much gas in the turn she will still bite you and slide pretty hard, I have found most slides to fall into the comfortable realm being easily managed by just nudging the nose where I want it and backing off the throttle.

Specs: 1976 Ferrari 512 BB
550pp
514hp/440ft lb
1152kg
2.24kg/hp

Parts used:
Racing brakes
fully custom suspension
Fully custom transmission
Fully custom lsd
Engine tuning stage 2
Sports Computer
Sports Exhaust
Iso exhaust manifold
sports catalytic converter
weight reduction stage 3
window weight reduction

Cost to build including car: $220,000

Suspension
100/100
8.00/12.50
2/2
3/3
4/5
0.0/0.0
0.00/0.20

Brakes
6/4

Transmission
Keep stock ratios, adj top speed to 199

LSD

jW30hOc.jpg
Having a hard time keeping the back stable. What adjustments would be best

Having a hard time keeping the back stable. What adjustments would be best
Ok, I just took her out for first time since these updates and she's pretty wild. I will have to revisit and fine tune when I have some more time.

In the meantime a quick fix 10/30/15 on lsd, bump the compression and extension to 3/4 for F+R and brakes to 5/5.

Ok, I just took her out for first time since these updates and she's pretty wild. I will have to revisit and fine tune when I have some more time.

In the meantime a quick fix 10/30/15 on lsd, bump the compression and extension to 3/4 for F+R and brakes to 5/5.
I will so that Friday night and see if it works. I was able to get the car to settle down after I lower HP. But still was difficult to control. But I am not a great racer either.

Back