515PP ...the perfect street car race?

  • Thread starter Thread starter jameskwondo
  • 25 comments
  • 1,947 views
Messages
35
Messages
jameskwondo
So I have been searching for good clean racing and stumbled upon a room last night that was not only good but challenged me. Actually humbled me. I usually am one of the top guys in whatever room I go in. At least in the top 3 consistently. While I did make a few 2-3 wins in general I was forth. I was not frustrated but actually happily surprised. I ket choosing different cars and combinations and still stayed in 4th mainly. The racing was great and the top guys were smooth,clean and fast. So I am trying to find a few cars that fit into this class well. Most of the guys seemed to be using NSX Rs 02 which I have or Honda S2000 Rs 04? I do not have one of those.

What cars do you gurus use in this range?
The room by the way was labeled something like " jsgt,gt" in small letters. Any one here?

Thx JKD
 
I use a Renault Clio '00. It's a premium and fully tuned it is a great little car. Not necessarily the fastest but my favourite. :)
 
NSX Type R is a very good handling car, and you can really push the car when needed to make up some laptime - the BMW CTR is also amazing, arguably a bit quicker than the NSX on some tracks. Both handle very well when setup properly and can seriously embarrass cars with a lot more HP.

The Clio I like, it is a beast on tight tracks like Tsubuka and Eiger, but doesn't have the top end of the other two cars. I'm sure there are more but in a serious room, the BMW and NSX are my two big guns I bring out.

Good question actually, if we get more folks to chime in, maybe I can have more than two favorite cars?
 
For 515, I could use the NSX Type R like everyone else but that's no fun. I prefer use my Z4 M Coupe, '04 M3, or M3 CSL
 
pretty sure i was in this room last night, my buddy serra was hosting and yeah nsx's, s2000s, miatas, r7xs, bmw's are pretty much the way to go
 
Derrict
For 515, I could use the NSX Type R like everyone else but that's no fun. I prefer use my Z4 M Coupe, '04 M3, or M3 CSL

I think I need a tune (a good tune not my so so tune) for the NSX because I have a hard time with it when driving it hard against serious competition. It seems to over rotate and get loose to easy and on really fast stuff I have a hard time keeping the back end from washing out. I also have the M3 GTR and I am faster with it but still working on it's tune as well. I have seen the Z4s too. I'll have to try that one.
 
Myself and a couple of buddies have just recently started racing in 520pp street car rooms. I've found it to be much more competitive and much cleaner racing then the higher PP rooms I had been racing. Being in the 'States', we've been calling the room "U.S. vs. Imports" and it makes it quite a challenge being that my friends and I are only driving American muscle cars against a bunch of Skylines, BMW's and beefed up Civic's and such. The one car that is beating us the most is the NSX.
 
I'd probably use the falcon xr8 and detune it to 515pp, It's a great handling car
 
I'd probably use the falcon xr8 and detune it to 515pp, It's a great handling car

I agree, it's a great car, but the OP said street race car, i'm pretty sure he wants something without stickers all over it - my 2c though s2000 gt1 turbo or the NSX prototype.
 
At 515 I'd go for my Amuse R1 or Shelby Series One. For some reason I drive FR cars best and those 2 are wicked fast at that PP. But I have many other FRs that will run respectable at that level also.
 
For pp ranging from 480 to about 515, I can't resist using my Golf R32 :dopey: I love that car.
 
Mudd
Myself and a couple of buddies have just recently started racing in 520pp street car rooms. I've found it to be much more competitive and much cleaner racing then the higher PP rooms I had been racing. Being in the 'States', we've been calling the room "U.S. vs. Imports" and it makes it quite a challenge being that my friends and I are only driving American muscle cars against a bunch of Skylines, BMW's and beefed up Civic's and such. The one car that is beating us the most is the NSX.

Oh yeAh. I e raced with you. Titus001 or something is in there alot. Good group. I usually use my LFA. Normally at that Pp up to about 550 it does well. But not last night. I'm on a mission. Thx for the input everybody.
 
jameskwondo
Oh yeAh. I e raced with you. Titus001 or something is in there alot. Good group. I usually use my LFA. Normally at that Pp up to about 550 it does well. But not last night. I'm on a mission. Thx for the input everybody.

That's awesome, I do remember an LFA in there. Lol. Like I said, I just started racing that PP level, so my cars so far have been at about 50% on the limiter. I just built a new '10 Camaro SS tonight with only a stage 1 engine, giving me much better power at that level. I'll see ya on the track, look for the white and black SS.
 
Fully tuned Elise 111R, minus racing mods and any turbos. Limit it down and it'll hit 515 with next to no compromise.
 
king4951
I agree, it's a great car, but the OP said street race car, i'm pretty sure he wants something without stickers all over it - my 2c though s2000 gt1 turbo or the NSX prototype.

Forgot it the criteria was 'street' car
 
Ive just started racing in a championship with two classes, 530pp Sports Soft and 585pp Racing hard, with no power limiters allowed, using only road or tuner specials allowed.

S2000, M3's ,1 series, RX7's....there are loads that do well.

Try the Honda HSC, the so called NSX proto replacement.....like an NSX but unbelieveable topspeed for such a low pp car.....think I was touching 210mph at LeMAns at 530pp!!!
 
C-ZETA
Fully tuned Elise 111R, minus racing mods and any turbos. Limit it down and it'll hit 515 with next to no compromise.

The lotus is another car that is stressful to drive. The back end on that too gets crazy and it happens sudden and quick seemingly w o warning. But I have had some success with that one.
 
Mudd
That's awesome, I do remember an LFA in there. Lol. Like I said, I just started racing that PP level, so my cars so far have been at about 50% on the limiter. I just built a new '10 Camaro SS tonight with only a stage 1 engine, giving me much better power at that level. I'll see ya on the track, look for the white and black SS.

I actually bought a Camaro recently because they seem to be popular and doing well. Haven't set it up yet but looking forward to it. See ya soon.
 
The RX-7 is what I always used to win with online. My new favorite is the Ford GT. Because it's really heavy, you can have a ton of hp compared to other cars with the same PP rating. Not to mention it has a lot of torque, which is the thing that actually moves the car, so it's still faster than other cars with the same hp rating as well. Then factor in the low drag coefficient with a high top speed... it's a pretty complete package.
 
If I'm going for around the 500 mark;

Honda Civic Type R '08
Honda Integra Type R (not a clue on year, it's the Premium though)
Subaru Impreza (hatchback premium)
Nissan Silvia (the latest premium that you can RM)
Nissan Skyline R32/R33
BMW Z4
BMW M3's (any are good, I prefer the GTR)
BMW 135i

Those are the one's off the top of my head, some need limiting down or bits taking off, but they're fun and quick. For an NSX tune, look at RKM's settings.
 
Amuse S2000 R1. (Tuner road legal)
Not premium but a +-500pp killer.
 
Renault Sport Clio V6 seems to be very good tuned to that PP. I've got a fully tuned non RM Lotus Elise. I've tuned it exactly to my liking so I find it very quick.
 
Honda NSX is just such a great car to drive... I bought two :) one fully tuned with stage 3 engine and another without the engine swap.. In online lobbies I am "almost" competitive every time :) Top 5 in every race except when they bump me out of the track LOL :)
 
Ive just started racing in a championship with two classes, 530pp Sports Soft and 585pp Racing hard, with no power limiters allowed, using only road or tuner specials allowed.

S2000, M3's ,1 series, RX7's....there are loads that do well.

Try the Honda HSC, the so called NSX proto replacement.....like an NSX but unbelieveable topspeed for such a low pp car.....think I was touching 210mph at LeMAns at 530pp!!!

Hey Gonk...

Hmmmm, that sounds familiar!!!!

You forgot to mention the mighty pink Panda Pete :lol:

OP (and everyone else) - you all forgot to say whether 'power limited' cars are allowed or not as this makes a BIG difference.

If you're racing 515pp with power limited cars then the choice is huge, less so when racing without.

I run the 530pp & 585pp series mentioned above, at 530pp (no power limiter) different cars do well at different tracks, but the 'contenders' are:

Lotus Esprit 350
Lotus Evora
Lotus Elise 111r
Honda NSX
Mazda RX7 Spirit type R '02 (and believe it or not) - the RX8 is VERY fast too
BMW M3 gtr / csl / '07, M5 '08, Concept Tii
Amuse S2000 R1 - 380 Superleggera
Lambo Muira prototype
Acura / Honda HSC
R35 Proto and GTR V-spec
Ferrari California (roof down, no spoiler - it eats PP far too much)
Scoobys - (premium) '05 spec C, '07 & '10 Impreza (standard) '04 Spec C

+ more to come

There's also some 'secret weapon' cars that I'm not going to name publically, the guys in the series will be meeting these soon - hehehehe

But the above list will serve you well at 530-540pp on sports softs, but you're gonna have to work on the setup if your doing 'decent' race distance, not so much hassle if you're only doing a few laps.

Our Races are about 20 miles / 35 Kms - which equates to 7 laps of Suzuka, 9 laps of Trial Mountain Deep Forest, no driving aids allowed.

These cars are simply awesome, they move around like crazy and everyone comments on just how much fun they are to drive.

This is the reason the quality of racing is better, you need fairly decent setup and driving skills, the tyres can wear out quickly making your car uncontrolable - which means the rammers and cheats will avoid these rooms like the plague.

The guys who come into these rooms and series tend to be naturally decent, fair and honest racers, with a great attitude in the lobby.

We regularly meet guys from GTRP, GTP, GTSC, GTHQ, PureGT, GTDrivers etc etc and we have some very, very good races.

Spread the word - road cars on sports tyres is where the best racing is currently at.

H
HaB Racing

P.S. - great little car at 515pp - Toyota FT86 concept '10 - once setup proper, it can seriously kick a55, even against power limited cars.
 
Back