550PP Toyota Supra Nurburgring Tune

Japan
Osaka
CWM_NoirAntares
Hello everyone! This is my first time posting on the GT6 forums, so apologies in advance if I seem a bit out of place. I've been on GTPlanet for a few years, I used to be active in the GTPSP section, specifically the Weekly Time Attack Challenge, and became inactive when the entire section died during the course of GT5 since I didn't have a PS3 yet.

Anyway, I just wanted to share a tune I've been working on in GT6 for the past two weeks. It's a 550PP JZA80 Supra tuned for running the Nurburgring on SS tires. I wanted to see how other people find this car, even though it's not really that good compared to other 550PP cars like the M3 or the NSX.

I put this tune together since the JZA80 Supra and the Nordschleife are my all-time favorites, and because I wanted to see if I could still lap under 7 minutes with a 550PP Supra like I did back in GT5.

It would be greatly appreciated if you guys could kindly test it out and tell me how you feel about it. It'll help me gauge whether or not my other tunes are worth posting here on GTP. Thanks :)

This tune was tested with a controller, only ABS 1 as assist.
PP: 550
Power: 527HP
Torque: 553ft-lb
Weight: 1290kg
F/R Weight Distribution: 55:45
Tires: SS/SS

Mods:
  • Oil Change, Improved Body Rigidity
  • Fully Customizable Suspension, Racing Brakes
  • Fully Customizable Transmission
  • Fully Customizable LSD, Triple-Plate Clutch, Carbon Drive Shaft
  • Engine Stage 1, Sports Computer, Racing Exhaust, Isometric Exhaust Manifold, Catalytic Converter Sports, Intake Tuning, Normal Turbo
  • Weight Reduction Stage 3, Carbon Hood (Body Color), Window Weight Reduction

Suspension
Ride Height: 90/90
Spring Rate: 13.00/9.20
Dampers (Compression): 3/5
Dampers (Extension): 4/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/3
Camber Angle: 0/0
Toe Angle: -0.50/0.30
Brake Balance: 4/4​

Transmission (set in order)
  1. Reset to default (In case you've adjusted it beforehand, but do this even after buying just to be sure)
  2. Max Speed: 250km/h
  3. 1st: 3.900
  4. 2nd: 2.600
  5. 3rd: 1.860
  6. 4th: 1.490
  7. 5th: 1.230
  8. 6th: 1.060
  9. Final Gear: 2.450

LSD
Initial Torque: 16
Acceleration Sensitivity: 8
Braking Sensitivity: 13
Power Limiter: 100%
Ballast: 82kg
Position: 50%

That's about it. I know my gearing work's not the best out there, that's one of the areas I really still have a lot to work on, tbh.

I actually had the alternative of using a semi-racing exhaust to cancel the need for ballast to keep the car light, but the rear tires were just not gripping as much as I wanted so I opted to put some junk in the trunk.

My best lap with this tune was a 6'58.081, so I was at least able to achieve my original goal with the car. I'm planning to make revisions to this tune soon, like adding a rear wing to see if it would remove the need for a ballast, but right now, I just want to see how this one fares.

:gtpflag:👍

Last edited:
Thank you. This testing of your car there might be a long delay due to the online Time Trials starting today, sorry it may be a week before I can test it.
It's all good. No rush. 👍
I'm actually doing both Nurburgring Weekly Challenge and WRS TT now so I won't really be needing feedback on this ASAP

I am setting up the car now and I will test it, and I will let you know soon on how the car goes with using a wheel.

Edited transmission settings. Thanks @hall90 for discovering the bug with my original tune and for the feedback on the handling. Turns out my Supra's default transmission settings are different from a newly bought Supra's defaults. Not sure why or how, but I'm guessing my car's mileage is at fault.

My Supra is at over 5000km right now, I changed the oil, restored rigidity and overhauled the engine before doing the runs prior to posting this tune. I did the same for the new Supra and still the same discrepancy with the default settings.

If anyone can confirm this bug, or at least give an explanation as to why the default transmission settings were different between the two cars, it would really help. I'll be posting comparison photos of the difference soon.

Everything suits my driving style on your car, but at very high speed she is a little bit lose in the rear end when going at speed on the slight bend on the back straight, sorry I did not tell you this before but it is not a big problem. Really enjoying your tune at this track :cheers:.

Everything suits my driving style on your car, but at very high speed she is a little bit lose in the rear end when going at speed on the slight bend on the back straight, sorry I did not tell you this before but it is not a big problem. Really enjoying your tune at this track :cheers:.
Ah that, I actually experienced the same thing. Blame it on my driving as well because I was always going for full throttle on that section. :lol:

Thanks for the review @hall90 :cheers:

Ah that, I actually experienced the same thing. Blame it on my driving as well because I was always going for full throttle on that section. :lol:

Thanks for the review @hall90 :cheers:
No problem, at lease I am not the only one have problems in that section :lol:. Looking forward of some more tunes from you :cheers:.

Hello everyone! This is my first time posting on the GT6 forums, so apologies in advance if I seem a bit out of place. I've been on GTPlanet for a few years, I used to be active in the GTPSP section, specifically the Weekly Time Attack Challenge, and became inactive when the entire section died during the course of GT5 since I didn't have a PS3 yet.

Anyway, I just wanted to share a tune I've been working on in GT6 for the past two weeks. It's a 550PP JZA80 Supra tuned for running the Nurburgring on SS tires. I wanted to see how other people find this car, even though it's not really that good compared to other 550PP cars like the M3 or the NSX.

I put this tune together since the JZA80 Supra and the Nordschleife are my all-time favorites, and because I wanted to see if I could still lap under 7 minutes with a 550PP Supra like I did back in GT5.

It would be greatly appreciated if you guys could kindly test it out and tell me how you feel about it. It'll help me gauge whether or not my other tunes are worth posting here on GTP. Thanks :)

This tune was tested with a controller, only ABS 1 as assist.
PP: 550
Power: 527HP
Torque: 553ft-lb
Weight: 1290kg
F/R Weight Distribution: 55:45
Tires: SS/SS

Mods:
  • Oil Change, Improved Body Rigidity
  • Fully Customizable Suspension, Racing Brakes
  • Fully Customizable Transmission
  • Fully Customizable LSD, Triple-Plate Clutch, Carbon Drive Shaft
  • Engine Stage 1, Sports Computer, Racing Exhaust, Isometric Exhaust Manifold, Catalytic Converter Sports, Intake Tuning, Normal Turbo
  • Weight Reduction Stage 3, Carbon Hood (Body Color), Window Weight Reduction

Suspension
Ride Height: 90/90
Spring Rate: 13.00/9.20
Dampers (Compression): 3/5
Dampers (Extension): 4/5
Anti-Roll Bars: 4/3
Camber Angle: 0/0
Toe Angle: -0.50/0.30
Brake Balance: 4/4​

Transmission (set in order)
  1. Reset to default (In case you've adjusted it beforehand, but do this even after buying just to be sure)
  2. Max Speed: 250km/h
  3. 1st: 3.900
  4. 2nd: 2.600
  5. 3rd: 1.860
  6. 4th: 1.490
  7. 5th: 1.230
  8. 6th: 1.060
  9. Final Gear: 2.450

LSD
Initial Torque: 16
Acceleration Sensitivity: 8
Braking Sensitivity: 13
Power Limiter: 100%
Ballast: 82kg
Position: 50%

That's about it. I know my gearing work's not the best out there, that's one of the areas I really still have a lot to work on, tbh.

I actually had the alternative of using a semi-racing exhaust to cancel the need for ballast to keep the car light, but the rear tires were just not gripping as much as I wanted so I opted to put some junk in the trunk.

My best lap with this tune was a 6'58.081, so I was at least able to achieve my original goal with the car. I'm planning to make revisions to this tune soon, like adding a rear wing to see if it would remove the need for a ballast, but right now, I just want to see how this one fares.

:gtpflag:👍
I'll give it a shot, just dealing with super endurance events and tearing hair out re Seasonals but I'll put it firmly on my 'to do' list.
I've been wrestling with a new club for drivers of all experience and skills. There's a couple of TT's I need a few times posting on to see how they fare (Friday night with pals taking turns yes, but as a club event...?) Anyway the club is in my signature if you get chance to look, the TT is this 550PP non race car TT, coincidence?? . I'll let you know how the drive goes

I'll give it a shot, just dealing with super endurance events and tearing hair out re Seasonals but I'll put it firmly on my 'to do' list.
I've been wrestling with a new club for drivers of all experience and skills. There's a couple of TT's I need a few times posting on to see how they fare (Friday night with pals taking turns yes, but as a club event...?) Anyway the club is in my signature if you get chance to look, the TT is this 550PP non race car TT, coincidence?? . I'll let you know how the drive goes

That tune is actually outdated, you can find the newer version of that in my garage. It's in my sig, just look for the Supra in the Nurburgring tunes.

Back