6:23 BOP Gr3 Nordschleife in online game today.

• Thread starter heyclown
  • 22 comments
Norway
Norway
Saw a guy drive a lap time of 6:23 in an online Gr3 Nordschleife BOP game today.
I tweak and tweak but can't get under 6:37.
Nordschleife is the only track I drive all day long but my setups doesn't seem to get the combination of grip/top speed to reach such times in BOP races.
I know the track and racing line very well and cut the curbs where it is possible.Is this just 100% perfect driving or am I missing something on the setup?

Very thankful for anyone posting a sub 6:30 setup for gr3 BOP Nordschleife.

Any discussion welcome.

Last edited:
that guy from Belgium is really good
there is few cars in Gr.3 with BoP which are faster on straights than others and this is big advantage for overall lap time on Nurburg because there is few moments on that track where u can break seconds (last straight, part before "Yokohama" and before carousel part too)
e.g u can setup that Mustang (this Belgium guy use this car mostly) to reach like 290 km/h on Bilstein when normal cars like Porsche or Beetle reach something like 270km/h
when u find setup with 285km/h on straight and good balance on corners u are going to be unstoppable (like that guy from Belgium, he is monster on 24hrs course too with times like 7:57)

good car is a more than 50% of success on that track, I play from 5-6 days and in the first days I reached something like 8:15-20 on 24hrs course but today when I took other car with good setup from friend my laptimes improved to 8:05 instantly

Last edited:
Hi instnict808, i'm the guy from Belgium ;)
You are right, setup is very important! without settings my mustang i completed an lap of the 24h nurburgring in +/- 8:08 and with my setup i'm in 7:53 (my personnal best in online race for now...) so it's a huge gap... but with bop on i reach 275km/h max (win drag of other car).

Hi instnict808, i'm the guy from Belgium ;)
You are right, setup is very important! without settings my mustang i completed an lap of the 24h nurburgring in +/- 8:08 and with my setup i'm in 7:53 (my personnal best in online race for now...) so it's a huge gap... but with bop on i reach 275km/h max (win drag of other car).

if u are only 275km/h with that car I think u can do little "faster" setup :P
I ride now Toyota with Bialy setup, I'm little slower than him (ofc because he is better driver) but a lot faster than few days ago in Porsche or Beetle, especially because that extra power on straights (281km/h on Bilstein with aero, without 285-6)

Last edited:
that tune is not mine, I got it from friend and can't share (if it were mine then I could)
and tbh after that 2 weeks is not that great for me
I can recommend MINKIHL Chevy C7 Nurburg GP setup, I'm not big fan of his work, I think all his settings for Nordschleife are little too slow on straights but that one is really decent, I changed it slightly for better pace on straights and did today 7:58 on 24h course

btw, Belgium guy did today 6:18 on Nordschleife :lol:
my personal best now is 6:23:5XX

Last edited:
What kind of tires are used for those 6:23 or 6:18 laps ???
super softs ofc
I am driving in german lobbies mostly, because there is highest lvl of opponents and they usually allow all types of tires
I use abs and tcs, that belgium guy who's doing 6:18 probably too
these lap times have been set 2 days ago but on room without fuel/tyre wear, with fuel/tyre wear 1x is like 2 secs slower
6:23 is a normal time, but under 20 is just madness, that guy is from another planet I think
I set yesterday 7:58:107 on 24h course with automatic transmition and without wear when I was recording video for friends to show them my racing line (my best with wear in race is 7:58 too)

but that belgium guy on 24h course had times like 7:51 (without wear, and like 7:53 with wear) :lol:
impossible for me now with my lack of magic tunes ability

Last edited:
super softs ofc
I am driving in german lobbies mostly, because there is highest lvl of opponents and they usually allow all types of tires
I use abs and tcs, that belgium guy who's doing 6:18 probably too
these lap times have been set 2 days ago but on room without fuel/tyre wear, with fuel/tyre wear 1x is like 2 secs slower
6:23 is a normal time, but under 20 is just madness, that guy is from another planet I think
I set yesterday 7:58:107 on 24h course with automatic transmition and without wear when I was recording video for friends to show them my racing line (my best with wear in race is 7:58 too)

but that belgium guy on 24h course had times like 7:51 (without wear, and like 7:53 with wear) :lol:
impossible for me now with my lack of magic tunes ability

I have never tested with RSS , i have 2 or 3 cars at 6:30 with RHard , i have to try this.

I have never tested with RSS , i have 2 or 3 cars at 6:30 with RHard , i have to try this.
I think u always should test ur Gr.3 tunes on RSS because that setting is most popular on lobbies
probably on "time trial" in single player u will have little different lap times than online too

I really enjoyed ur work in the past GTs, I have used few of ur tunes in GT5 and 6 :cheers:

What kind of tires are used for those 6:23 or 6:18 laps ???
hi man, like instinct808 sayed, i use RSS most the time... With bop on and abs my best lap is 7:51:142 on the 24h nur and 6:18 on just the green hell. with tyre and fuel on x1 7:52:486 and 6:19... But i need to say, i tryed some of your setup and they are very good, im sure you can go faster than me, + i use the controller, so with a wheel...
Anyway very good job on your youtube channel :bowdown: 👍

Are we talking standing start or lap nr. 2 with flying start?
between flying and second lap without wear is like 1 sec diff
with wear there is no diff at all because then on second lap u have "slower" tyres
we are mostly using flying because it's less buggy atm (that grid start is horrible, in every race someone can't start from grid)

but after today BoP "update" I think that times are just not possible to do anymore
most cars lost their "power" on straights especially, that last update slowed down my Corvette for like 4 secs per lap

Last edited:
1514027882418316153384.jpg

All with BOP and RACING HARD TIRES.
The M6 is the only one with 1.10 BOP.
Setups powered by @praiano63 👍

Back