6 months on and i cant drive:/

  • Thread starter Thread starter Yaka
  • 10 comments
  • 1,085 views
Messages
71
Having not played GT4 for the past 6 months (46% compleate) i started playing again past 2 days again with the GT4 wheel and have lost all my abilities to corner! past 4 hours ive been trying to get my feel back by doing the B test can just about scrap a bronze on most tests now with cars almost always spinning outta control. anyone else come across this prob or is it just me? :indiff:
 
I stopped GT for a half a year then went into a public competition featuring Driving Force wheels (which I had no experience with) cold. Thirty minutes in and I'm comfortable... even manage the quarterfinals.

But then, I drive in real-life. like UN asked... do you?
 
yup that was really weird... I was driving the DFP for the 2 hours endurance and 10 minutes later, I was trying to drive my own car and it was difficult... I was laughing my ass off... lol
 
Interesting. Never happened to me before.
 
yep i drive in real life have been doing since i was 17.

but this is wierd, i thought it was the that was b0rked, but me lil bro used it and drove in gt4 no probs. have been tring hard with the DFP but cant get the feeling back
 
Probably trying too hard. Take a break, stretch a bit, then sit back down and drive like you do in real life... slowly. Then build up speed little by little. If you try to drive like you used to, you'll make a lot of mistakes right away and get frustrated... fast.

Slow is the key.
 
is it that hard with the DFP
 
I don't even have a DFP, so be happy man.
 
Yes and no. Some things will seem harder, such as going from one lock to another but the wheel gives you much more precise control over the cars, especially if you're ham-thumbed. :)

Either which way it makes it much more enjoyable.
 
Not sure if this of any help but.... For me when i feel a bit rusty i'll start off with a few laps in a small lightweight car with little power to match. after afew laps when i can run a course with no mistakes (i.e crashes, or leaving the road) I'll go back to the garage and select a more powerfull car. I'll keep repeating this process until i'm comfortable driving the "supercars" of the game. also you might want to try setting up your wheel so that it's comfortable to play the game with. I remember it took me awhile to get mine where i was able to drive and not be distracted by the postioning of the pedals and such. 👍
 
Back