60fps in GT5 for the win!!!

  • Thread starter Thread starter maciej908
  • 25 comments
  • 2,413 views
Messages
669
United Kingdom
UK
Messages
Ferrari_Ducati
Just a moment ago I have done the fastest endurance race ever, 300miles of Laguna Seca in 1hour 19minutes, with the X2010 and I thought if the frame rate of GT5 wouldn't be so high there is no way an X2010 would be possible...

Especially in the cockpit view the image changes every second when driving the X2010 it's unbelieveable how there is no image ripping...
 
cool-story-bro-house.jpg
 
So, if someone watches a science fiction movie where something travels at the speed of light, is that going to rip their TV screen to pieces? Even 200hz shouldn't be enough for that kind of speed.



:lol:
 
Are you saying a 30 fps system would have taken 2hrs and 38seconds?
 
All I'm saying, if I'm saying anything is that game runs smoothly when you're at that kind of speed and it's hard to notice any image ripping...

In comparison to NFS:Undercover 15fps was terrible I was always travelling faster than the game and image ripped and stopped just to catch up with me and the car...
 
All I'm saying, if I'm saying anything is that game runs smoothly when you're at that kind of speed and it's hard to notice any image ripping...

In comparison to NFS:Undercover 15fps was terrible I was always travelling faster than the game and image ripped and stopped just to catch up with me and the car...

That's not because your 'car' was faster than the game, but because the game was out of sync and caused a stutter.

Whether an object is shown at 100mph, 200mph, 300mph or 1000mph has no impact on how smooth it looks, at 15fps, it will always look stuttery. at 60fps, it will always look smooth.

Otherwise, a flyight simulator would need, what, 180fps to look smooth?
 
Yeah true but I wanted to say how image moves smoothly in the game... which is great...
 
Dunno, I still notice a good bit of screen tearing and some slowdowns...
 
Try Clubman Special Stage, there you got your awesome FPS... Even in a 1942 Bug...
 
My eyes only run at 10fps so it is wasted on me.

Your PS3 can accept more inputs than that per second through, from your controller / wheel. Each input gets a frame, or each frame gets an input. More frames per second equals (in theory) more precise control. That's the best argument for a lot of frames per second in a racing game that I've heard.
 
Your PS3 can accept more inputs than that per second through, from your controller / wheel. Each input gets a frame, or each frame gets an input. More frames per second equals (in theory) more precise control. That's the best argument for a lot of frames per second in a racing game that I've heard.

Given the human reaction time, I doubt that it actually matters whether the game is running at 30 or 60 fps.
 
Your PS3 can accept more inputs than that per second through, from your controller / wheel. Each input gets a frame, or each frame gets an input. More frames per second equals (in theory) more precise control. That's the best argument for a lot of frames per second in a racing game that I've heard.

The control is there, you just can't see it between frames.

High frame rate = smooth motion

Car going 200mph at 60fps = cool
Car going 200mph at 30fps = You only see half the movement. It becomes a "slide show" per-say.
 
Just a moment ago I have done the fastest endurance race ever, 300miles of Laguna Seca in 1hour 19minutes, with the X2010 and I thought if the frame rate of GT5 wouldn't be so high there is no way an X2010 would be possible...

Especially in the cockpit view the image changes every second when driving the X2010 it's unbelieveable how there is no image ripping...

That race is 200 miles (320km), not 300 miles.
 
The control is there, you just can't see it between frames.

High frame rate = smooth motion

Car going 200mph at 60fps = cool
Car going 200mph at 30fps = You only see half the movement. It becomes a "slide show" per-say.

Its when youre going 300mph next to another X2010 online that it gets funny coz it cant refresh the signal fast enough so its all juddery. and if im side by side with another X2010 at 300mph /and/ in the tunnels on SSR7 then my speakers cant cope either and it all becomes a juddery silent ish mush :P
 
In before the stupid eyes only see 24 FPS...

People that know hardware and eyes already sit back and laugh at the idiots but I rather stand out and stop it before it becomes a locked thread with mods having to clean it for stupid opinions on refresh rates.
Not only does it give the even more stupid people the wrong info, it will make them be the one that locks a thread the next time.

Anyone that has a 100hz+ CRT (200hz TFT still has ghosting, live with it...) already knows that 60FPS is ok but not exactly fluid motion once you've used a 100Hz monitor.

I won't start arguing about Vsync because people that argue about it killing FPS is just way to stupid to even comprehend the basics of it.
 
In before the stupid eyes only see 24 FPS...

People that know hardware and eyes already sit back and laugh at the idiots but I rather stand out and stop it before it becomes a locked thread with mods having to clean it for stupid opinions on refresh rates.
Not only does it give the even more stupid people the wrong info, it will make them be the one that locks a thread the next time.

Anyone that has a 100hz+ CRT (200hz TFT still has ghosting, live with it...) already knows that 60FPS is ok but not exactly fluid motion once you've used a 100Hz monitor.

I won't start arguing about Vsync because people that argue about it killing FPS is just way to stupid to even comprehend the basics of it.

Yes, we need V-sync. I'm an avid PC gamer, and I can honestly say I've never experienced any FPS loss from using V-sync. If I did, it was obviously such a small amount that I couldn't tell. Even on my old P4 I used V-sync without performance loss.

100hz is not 100hz unless whatever you are playing is running at 100fps. (or the TV is amazing and will fill in the extra frames in between)
 
That race is 200 miles (320km), not 300 miles.

Sorry my bad i was suppose to put 200miles... enjoyed that race alot though like never before... and the xp increase helped...

411,000XP for 80minutes that is the best race for grinding IMO for levels not really for money as it gives you around cr.200,000...
 
So my theory is:

When you travel slowly on a track the FPS doesn't need to be high as we're not moving and not a lot of things are happening at the same time, no quickly approaching objects etc...

But when you're moving 250mph on a small track e.g. Laguna Seca, during that second a lot of things are happening and the distance that you move is greater than when going slowly... in this case high FPS helps as the image refreshes much quicker and makes it much smoother.

In comparison you travel 250mph in a 15FPS game (NFS: Undercover) image ripped a lot due to the image refreshing much slower when things and objects fly past you causing tearing and image ripping...
 
Back