630BHP Zonda to be announced. Enzo beater!

Enzo beater!

Exclusive Italian supercar maker Pagani will reveal a facelifted version of its Zonda C12 next year, before an all-new, more extreme model arrives in 2007. The latest C12 will be shown at the Geneva show next March, and features subtle exterior modifications but key changes beneath the skin. Power from the AMG Mercedes-sourced 7.3-litre V12 is expected to rise from 547bhp to around 630bhp, although final numbers will become available at the completion of engine testing.

Pagani also claims a 50kg weight reduction for the Coupé version, which should mean a power-to-weight ratio of around 475bhp per tonne – enough to match a Ferrari Enzo. Bigger 20in wheels will be fitted to allow larger Brembo brakes, while minor styling revisions will, Pagani says, add 40 per cent more downforce.

The all-new model, codenamed C9, is said to be even lighter than the C12 and powered by another naturally aspirated Mercedes V12 engine. The prices shouldn’t stray far from the current £285,000, despite the numerous upgrades.

Article - http://www.autocar.co.uk/News_Article.asp?NA_ID=212639

Cosmic
The Zonda would easily blow away the Enzo on a dragstrip. Am I right?
THe new one no doubt about it but people who buy these go to the tracks mostly. The old Zonda I am not sure about it but I think it can. THe old Zonda can kick the Murcie's butt!

Power:weight doesn't make or break how a car accelerates – you also have to consider gearing, aerodynamics, and if you want to really get stupidly nitty-gritty, things like the wheels' moment inertia.

And somebody tell Pagani to stop putting 300+ mph speedos on their cars! Dum, dum.

I can't wait to see some reviews of this beast! It could possibly be an Enzo beater with 630hp!

Sage
And somebody tell Pagani to stop putting 300+ mph speedos on their cars! Dum, dum.
:lol:

How many of those (the C12) do they make a year? I thought they were ultra low production. Little chance that anyone who saved up there pennies and managed to get that cash could actually get one, unlike more productionized supercars like the GT or even the Lambo's.

That's niiiice. I thought the Zonda's were only built-to-order? Anyway, isn't the Zonda already fast enough? I mean its already competing with the F1, Enzo, and Koenniggsegg CC/CCR. And another thing, why do people/companies rate the car by bhp, why not whp or hp @ the flywheel? argh.

Bhp is the horsepower that would actually hit the road, and would be lower than hp@flywheel with all the mechanics factored in already.

Sage
Power:weight doesn't make or break how a car accelerates – you also have to consider gearing, aerodynamics, and if you want to really get stupidly nitty-gritty, things like the wheels' moment inertia.

:lol: 300 MPH + Speedos? Pagani is crazy to even think about going that fast in a road legal car.

(G)
Bhp is the horsepower that would actually hit the road, and would be lower than hp@flywheel with all the mechanics factored in already.

Umm Bhp, is braking horsepower which is basically similar to hp. Don't you mean that the horsepower that actually hits the road is wheel horsepower?

I though whp is the hp that gets to the road. Then, there is hp at the crank, which is the hp that the engine has without the exhaust,etc. And brake horsepower is the hp that you get with the engine, exhaust, gearbox,etc.

What???? :odd: you'd need a degree to understand you. You get Bhp figures when you run your car on a dyno, so they are the most accurate to work out performance. Hp at the crank is always higher.

Latest Posts

Back