66 locations for Photomode?

  • Thread starter Thread starter tiptopcream
  • 18 comments
  • 1,018 views
Messages
589
From Gaming-Age

Sorry if this info is old, but the September OPM demo disc feature “Tracking Gran Turismo” mentions that Photo Mode will enable you to do more than just take snapshots. Players will be able to:

- Change lenses (presumably varying the focal length)
- Change filters
- Change the depth of field
- Change film stock
- Add motion blur
- Save pics to the memory card
- Create a slide show for your TV
- Print pics out with a USB printer

There will be 66 locations available for photo shoots. In short, it sounds like you are given complete creative control over your photos. I can see myself spending a lot of time with this.

It sucks you can't upload them via the USB cable to the hard drive of your PC :grumpy: And 66 is this the tracks and the area's developed only for PM added together or 66 just built for PM?
 
If you have the gameshark sharkport thing you can upload them on your computer. I don't think you'll be able to view them on your computer without a special program, but still.
 
Im sure someone will find a way to get them onto pc and be able to view them as JPG or BMP, in fact i wouldnt be suprised if they just use some sort of compession like JPG, if not then you could just print um and then scan um 💡 :yuck:
 
sprite
Im sure someone will find a way to get them onto pc and be able to view them as JPG or BMP, in fact i wouldnt be suprised if they just use some sort of compession like JPG, if not then you could just print um and then scan um 💡 :yuck:
If, as said earlier, you can print the pics on a connected USB printer, it'll have to come out ot the PS2 in some sort of non-Sony format, which means that they'll be usable elsewhere...

And why would Sony prohibit use of the pictures anywhere else than on the PS2... Makes NO sense at all.. Imagine complete Websites with GT4 Photoart persuading other to buy a PS2 and GT4, just for Photomode...

Oh well.. I'll stop here..
 
exact Flerbizky. :)

you can print the pics on a connected USB scanner

I think you ment printer :ouch: :)
 
sprite
exact Flerbizky. :)



I think you ment printer :ouch: :)

Ouch... Haven't got the slightest clue as to WTF happened there :ouch:
 
morethan.jpg


50 playable tracks + 16 exclusive photo locations = 66 different locations for Photo Mode

*More than? uh..
 
I don't think any USB printer with work with PS2 and GT4, does anyone have a list of printer that will/might work?
 
The one that was shown in all the photomode conference pics appeared to be an Epson printer (pretty high range one). I hope Sony aint expecting us to have to by a special printer just to print bloody GT4 pics.......why can't we just transfer them to computer!!!.......our at least be able to use other printers!!!
 
robin2223
The one that was shown in all the photomode conference pics appeared to be an Epson printer (pretty high range one)

I'm glad I just bought an epson then. But It makes no sense that it would only work on a certain company's printer.
 
There will probably be more than 1 location per track. I mean 1 per track seems pretty outrageous if you ask me. I think there are many per track + the 16 exclusive: A LOT!!! I'm gonna be spendin some time!

Maybe there couldbe someone online, like a GT person, who would print them out while you send him a check or .50$ via credit card, and he would mail it to you :D just a thought
 
Each track IS a location, as in you can take a picture of your car anywhere on the track.
 
and also special off-track locations (near the track)

ex: below brooklyn bridge
 
Brooklyn bridge isn't a track, it's a seperate location.
 
It SOOOOO......should be a track!!! how cool would it be to race across the bridge at night into the city!

EDIT:.......Dream on!!!!
 
Want to know why you can't just send the picture to your pc with an usb cable?!
Because there is no picture stored on your memory card :|
It only stores the position of your car etc. in code-format... That's the reason the pics are very small and don't use all the memory of your 8MB card :)

I hope somehow you can upload your pics to a special site made by PD :D
so you can share your pics not only with GT4-owners but with the whole world :)
 
Maybe you'll be able to download a program to read that code and convert it to JPEG so you can transfer them over a USB to your PC. It can't be that hard to do.
 
Wow! Old news is so exciting!

66 locations takes into account normal tracks and specialised Photo Mode locations, a generic range of printer will be supported (it's logical), if the image is able to be printed then it's being sent in a complete format that can be understood by the printer - ie NOT a GT4 specific format, meaning the data could be captured and converted theoretically.
 
You know, I touched base on this issue in past threads. I have art experience with Photoshop and Paint Shop Pro. I don't know if you'll be able to save on the computer with BMP or JPG format. JPG tends to be a little grainy at times while BMP provide loads of detail, but takes up more space. Someone will need to come up with a device to take GT4 photo data to be used on the computer. Look at how many websites (including this one) that can benefit from these almost hyper-realistic feature? Something has to be done.

I would like to wish on the Team USA basketball team well in their game against Team Germany. One of the notables being Dirk Novitzky (right spelling?) for Team Germany, but originally from the Dallas Mavericks. Anyhow, carry on.
 
Back