67Vette Question (attn: hybridlvr)

• Thread starter Red Frog
  • 21 comments
I was searching up and down the forums for information on upgrading this car when I found this post by you:

"I've been playing a lot of GT1 lately and finally figuered out how to get the 67 Corvette in my Garage, It's a cool car but you can't put a Racing Mod on it without it locking up the game, You can drive it with Tuned parts you just can't adjust the Downforce!"

I put the Vette into my garage also but when I try to install parts the only thing it will let me buy is a tire upgrade. Is there a specific vendor I need to buy parts from or do I need to use a GS code to force the game to let me purchase parts?

How do you get the 67 vette into your garage in the first place? It's available in arcade, but can you get it in the main game?

benzino

It is not legitimately avalailable in Simulation Mode.

It is easy to put in a garage using a GameShark Pro.

Let's see if HYBRIDLVR has canned advice for getting it with other GameSharks.

I have various codes for obtaining other hidden cars which will not work for the Corvette'67 because it will lock up the game if "purchased" or "won". (I.e. you need to deposit it straight into your garage; you can't purchase it or win it. Something locks up when the game tries to create the garage entry based on the car code).

Red Frog
I was searching up and down the forums for information on upgrading this car when I found this post by you:

"I've been playing a lot of GT1 lately and finally figuered out how to get the 67 Corvette in my Garage, It's a cool car but you can't put a Racing Mod on it without it locking up the game, You can drive it with Tuned parts you just can't adjust the Downforce!"

I put the Vette into my garage also but when I try to install parts the only thing it will let me buy is a tire upgrade. Is there a specific vendor I need to buy parts from or do I need to use a GS code to force the game to let me purchase parts?
Exactly!!! 👍 You can Shark all the upgrade parts on the car including Downforce and adjust them, Just don't change any of them because they will be gone for good! I use a 72 Block Memory card for my PS/1 games, I have one Page Dedicated to the Hidden cars of GT1 so I CAN use them in my Sim Garage with a Race Mod on them, You can Race them with a Race Mod you just can't go into the Garage and Choose the Vette/ Del Sol Sir/ Del Sol??? and a couple of Mazda's that are hidden with Race Mods without the game Locking up, They are all useable with Race Mods, They just have to be in the Garage by themselves as the selected car! Folks flip out when they see that car in the sim garage HYBRIDED of course!

HYBRIDLVR
Exactly!!! 👍 You can Shark all the upgrade parts on the car including Downforce and adjust them, Just don't change any of them because they will be gone for good! I use a 72 Block Memory card for my PS/1 games, I have one Page Dedicated to the Hidden cars of GT1 so I CAN use them in my Sim Garage with a Race Mod on them, You can Race them with a Race Mod you just can't go into the Garage and Choose the Vette/ Del Sol Sir/ Del Sol??? and a couple of Mazda's that are hidden with Race Mods without the game Locking up, They are all useable with Race Mods, They just have to be in the Garage by themselves as the selected car! Folks flip out when they see that car in the sim garage HYBRIDED of course!

Do you have the codes for the relevants parts, not that I've managed to get the car in my garage anyway.

I don't really play GT1 anymore, I could pop it in and look into memory and get the codes for that car though, Do you want the codes to build the car or exactly with the parts I have in my garage? If you want it in your garage you can't ad the Downforce Code without the car locking up your garage, It has to be in it's own garage if it's to have Downforce added!

HYBRIDLVR
I don't really play GT1 anymore, I could pop it in and look into memory and get the codes for that car though, Do you want the codes to build the car or exactly with the parts I have in my garage? If you want it in your garage you can't ad the Downforce Code without the car locking up your garage, It has to be in it's own garage if it's to have Downforce added!

Does the car have relevant parts to add on, ie turbo for that model? If it does could yousupply the codes for the relevant parts for that model of car please.

You can move PS1 saves to a PS2 card. (Games can't read them, but you can store them). And you can copy those to a PC via SharkPort. I'm not sure if I've tried the reverse (PC to PS2 card via SharkPort, then copy to PS1 card), but it should work.

SportWagon
You can move PS1 saves to a PS2 card. (Games can't read them, but you can store them). And you can copy those to a PC via SharkPort. I'm not sure if I've tried the reverse (PC to PS2 card via SharkPort, then copy to PS1 card), but it should work.

Wow didn't realise that. I'll try it tonight. If you have the basic car, can you go to a tune shop to buy the extras or do you have to sharkport them on?

I don't think there are any programs to manipulate GT1 Sharkport saves.

I think the only parts you can buy from the dealers are alternate tires.

Are you both happy to post them in the open forum or would you prefer to PM me with me.

Hey guys, thanks for the replies and sorry I haven't been around to acknowledge them.

I'm going to try to build the Vette enough to have it quick and not require downforce, because I'd like to keep it in my main save. I'll let you guys know how it goes.

TMM
Are you both happy to post them in the open forum or would you prefer to PM me with me.
The first car addresse is below, Make sure you have a Vette or any car with specific parts you want in the TOP of the Garage with the parts inatalled before adding the codes!

Mines is a 4WD Vette converted from a Mitsubishi FTO LM! Here is the first car addresse:

1.0 and 1.1 Version------------------------8009ba08

1.1 Version (90 hex added-------------8009ba98

Pal Version-----------------------------------8009ba1c

NTSC-J (Japanese Version)--------------8008dea8

Here's the Car code---00b0-----(or)------b000

Let me know if it works for ya, You just need a Gameshark or Action Replay 1.9 or higher, I have single part codes and basecodes for the parts if needed!

***b0 is the car and 00 is the color, you can play with 20 30 40 50 60 to get a differnt color!

HYBRIDLVR
The first car addresse is below, Make sure you have a Vette or any car with specific parts you want in the TOP of the Garage with the parts inatalled before adding the codes!

Mines is a 4WD Vette converted from a Mitsubishi FTO LM! Here is the first car addresse:

1.0 and 1.1 Version------------------------8009ba08

1.1 Version (90 hex added-------------8009ba98

Pal Version-----------------------------------8009ba1c

NTSC-J (Japanese Version)--------------8008dea8

Here's the Car code---00b0-----(or)------b000

Let me know if it works for ya, You just need a Gameshark or Action Replay 1.9 or higher, I have single part codes and basecodes for the parts if needed!

***b0 is the car and 00 is the color, you can play with 20 30 40 50 60 to get a differnt color!

I've got the PAL version so I'll try the codes this week and let you know my success.

Were you able to get the car? LMK

Attachments

• Gt1-4.JPG
    Gt1-4.JPG
    11.8 KB · Views: 51
  • gt1-5.JPG
    gt1-5.JPG
    11.6 KB · Views: 46
  • gt1-6.JPG
    gt1-6.JPG
    12.7 KB · Views: 47
  • gt1-9e.JPG
    gt1-9e.JPG
    12.1 KB · Views: 48
Does anyone remember the demo for GT1?

Although you can't drive the 'Vette in it, if you scroll through the colour schemes you get this really wacked-out version, as if it was a corrupted texture (all fluro colours).

It happens on two PAL demo discs I have, so I'm not sure about other versions.

Just thought I might mention it since it relates to the 'Vette:dopey:

Back