70 challenger problems

• Thread starter flair1111
  • 11 comments
hi all.

ok this was my favorite car in gt5. i raced the racing version the most so this may be my problem.

in gt6 the racing version is also very good, but the non racing challenger gets so squirrly and loose in the rear that even after hitting 100mph i can hardly turn a curve without spinning out. im pretty good at tuning suspension but i cannot figure out the problem.

so far i havent got to race with full racing softs. is this just typical of the racing hards with to much horse power?

edit: this is the only car i have this problem with. the only way i can correct it is to go below 350hp or so.

ive tried stock diff, fully locked diff, all settings in between.

horse power, anything above 350 seems to cause the problems. but the weird thing is that it even gets sideways with me when i go around a curve (average curve) NOT using the gas. this is where i messed with the diff thinking i had it set wrong. but it still does it no matter what i do except lowering the HP to 350 or less.

im running 1.5 camber on the front. i even tried zero just to see, and the same thing happens. im really at a loss.

the tires is the only thing that makes any sense at this point. but coasting on a curve and still spinning out is tripping me.

run 0.0 camber all round if grip is your aim, the camber feature is not working at the moment and only removes grip.
This sounds very odd, can you post your tune so I can have a look? Please include weight distribution and Diff settings. It seems a bit strange that its letting go so willingly with such little power on RH tyres, usually they stick like glue on anything below 800hp

ok as said before anything above 350hp seems to kill drivability.

so suspension is
90/100
7.0/10.0
5/5
5/5
4/4
camber is 1.5 front...all rest is 0

lsd
30/45/45
have also tried stock rear.

ive tried all variances more or less but still cant drive around curves with more than 350hp

edit:: i just tried all the tunes from the links. seems im just not a good driver with this car unless im using racing softs. but its still just so loose.

With 350hp you should not need racing tires. Sports tires should be adequate for this car.

Your LSD is way too high. Try 10/15/10 and let us know what happens.

The Lsd is set really high on initial and acc, this could cause it to spin up the tyres under acceleration too easily. The rear ride height being above the front can cause fairly dramatic weight shift under all circumstances. The front camber will also be causing a loss of grip due to the fact that this is all camber does at the moment (broken). Also the rear springs being higher than the front can cause a lot of oversteer if the weight distribution is not right
Can you clarify where you are having the issue (fast/med/slow corners, entry/mid/exit, on throttle/off throttle)
What is the current weight distribution of the car?
Sorry to be to the point so to speak, it just help narrow down the causes to the problem and helps us help you

I recommend trying DigitalBaka's lsd as a start, if you still get snap-oversteer on acceleration drop the accel sensitivity from 15 to 12. My Challenger can take full throttle in a corner with 7/12/10. Next I would definitely address the suspension, either by playing with it yourself or looking up a tune. Cheers.

ok as said before anything above 350hp seems to kill drivability.

so suspension is
90/100
7.0/10.0
5/5
5/5
4/4
camber is 1.5 front...all rest is 0

lsd
30/45/45
have also tried stock rear.

ive tried all variances more or less but still cant drive around curves with more than 350hp

edit:: i just tried all the tunes from the links. seems im just not a good driver with this car unless im using racing softs. but its still just so loose.

Too high initial LSD will make the car tighter in handling, while reducing dramatic changes when LSD kicked in, this is noticeable when you are in part throttle on entry, mid corner and exiting. I would suggest to use around 16 to 24 initial for a start. Also reduce accel value to 20 and brake to 10 for a start ( reduces understeer overall and sudden oversteer )

Rear damper comp/ext : 3/3 and front damper comp/ext : 7/6
Hope these little changes can help you :)

Too high initial LSD will make the car tighter in handling, while reducing dramatic changes when LSD kicked in, this is noticeable when you are in part throttle on entry, mid corner and exiting. I would suggest to use around 16 to 24 initial for a start. Also reduce accel value to 20 and brake to 10 for a start ( reduces understeer overall and sudden oversteer )

Rear damper comp/ext : 3/3 and front damper comp/ext : 7/6
Hope these little changes can help you :)
thanks to all for the help. this ^^^ is exactly what im speaking of. i lowered the values and it haS HELPED A LOT. seems this is more sensitive than on gt5. but yes this was the problem. thanks all!!

Back