SRC-Spec Racing Club Presents "The Roadster Cup" - Season 3 Finished * Summer Break* Back soon for Season 4.Open 

• Thread starter coxbox
  • 411 comments

Best day to race on?

• Total voters
sorted my livery out, literally came up with a colour scheme and then searched for a UK sponsor to fit it :P

20829245951352424.jpg

Interested in taking part! I'm pretty sure I have the golf but will double check after work. If I could have car number 8 if still available please?

PSN = Wannell1999

Interested in taking part! I'm pretty sure I have the golf but will double check after work. If I could have car number 8 if still available please?

PSN = Wannell1999
Welcome, great to see so one else getting on board with this racing championship.

Some quick organisation, if you have not added me as a friend please do @Valex @Drex124 the psn is the same as on here. The room on Friday will be set to private, otherwise, I will be kicking people all night trying to join us in random cars. After the First race, we may have to switch up the blast as the real-life ballast penalties don't seem to translate well to this game and may not be strong enough to slow the cars down, its hard to test this against the AI.

hello @coxbox, im sorry to say that although id love to take part in this series im not gonna be able to make it at that time, so good luck with the championship to all and hope you have some fun but for the moment im out, thanks for everything

hello @coxbox, im sorry to say that although id love to take part in this series im not gonna be able to make it at that time, so good luck with the championship to all and hope you have some fun but for the moment im out, thanks for everything

Thats a shame No problem

Looks like I won't be able to race tonight as the Golf hasn't appeared in the used car dealership. I guess this is the same problem the real drivers have trying to source a 205/XR2/Nova :lol:

anyone else interested for the first two races tonight? Otherwise its going to be a rather slim grid!

@coxbox , will you still run it tonight if its only the 5 of us? perhaps it will have to be a pre-season event until we get some more interest?

I can run it as a pre-season event if you want it's up to everyone. I am happy to run it with 5 and see what happens, the issue is the longer we delay people will become uninterested in the series. I am hoping the Golf is back next week in the UCD @F12_Josh .

I have to go to work now so I will not be back until 8pm though I will keep a check on all the replays to this. I plan to run this series not just once so eventually, attendance will improve, Rome was not built in a day. This series is unique compared to all the iterations of GR3/4 on this league racing forum section. Feel free to promote this in other areas too I have tried Reddit with little success. The room will go up as normal at 10 pm I will post when it is ready in the psn chat.

Last edited:
We give it a go. If we have some good fun and we put it out there for others to see, I'm sure more will join in the future. I haven't raced online for a while, so excuse me if I'm rusty and/or sloppy!

I would love to join in on these races. Can I have #37?
Edit: I got the time wrong... Will not be able to race today but will be next week on the 13th.

Last edited:
cheers to everyone who joined this event tonight, round 1+2 done next track is Goodwood. Here is some of the photos from the racing tonight. If you have a Golf Mk1 andwould love to join a friendly leage that is not too series but fun then sign up and join.

1651875839972.png
1651875860401.png
1651875878923.png
1651875892510.png
1651875928525.png
1651875941899.png
1651875956068.png
1651875971667.png
1651875985222.png
1651875995079.png

Last edited:
@coxbox just checking, in the lobby settings did you have it set: tyre wear x1, fuel useage x1, and was it a full tank of fuel to start the race?

By the way, yesterday I set up a lobby and run a few laps in Goodwood, then went to trial mode and did the same. The laptimes were comparable and the car felt similar, so I think what I noticed the other day in Brands Hatch came from having the ABS off, which I never did until then.

That's my theory at least...

@coxbox just checking, in the lobby settings did you have it set: tyre wear x1, fuel useage x1, and was it a full tank of fuel to start the race?
I had it set to x5 for both.

By the way, yesterday I set up a lobby and run a few laps in Goodwood, then went to trial mode and did the same. The laptimes were comparable and the car felt similar, so I think what I noticed the other day in Brands Hatch came from having the ABS off, which I never did until then.

That's my theory at least...
Maybe its the race where the physics change.

Posted a replay of a 1:38:7xx lap.
search
#750 motor club
#golfgti
#goodwood
View attachment 1148921
Welcome to the series @Chiochansan. From the replay I see you have the ABS enabled. I don't think it's mentioned in the OP, but last week we disabled it in the lobby. You may want to practice with it off as well. Its very manageable in this car but you'll still need to adapt slightly to the feeling.

Last edited:
Welcome to the series @Chiochansan. From the replay I see you have the ABS enabled. I don't think it's mentioned in the OP, but last week we disabled it in the lobby. You may want to practice with it off as well. Its very manageable in this car but you'll still need to adapt slightly to the feeling.
Thank you for the heads up. I usually run abs weak so this will be a good challenge!

1 Hour to go for anyone joining us tonight, make sure you all have me as a friend as the room will be set to private.

Update, here are tonights racing photos, well done for everyone who joined see you next week, hopefully we will have the gold back in the UCD tomorrow.
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220513231815.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220513231916.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220513232010.jpg
Gran Turismo™ 7_20220513232020.jpg

Last edited:
Did anyone else lower the ride high? I think I put my tires against the wheel wells, slowing me down. Here's to a better performance next week.:)

Back