8-4

• Thread starter Santos i7
  • 12 comments
Germany
United States
Santos_i7
What a pain! This is by far the hardest challenge. It doesn't help that there's 80 cars you have to pass but you have to take the first 2 corners perfect, then on the last corner that damn black car kept blocking and I'd end up getting DQ'ed because of it. This one is probably only there to make half the people get mad and throw their playstations so they can't go to motegi. I STILL haven't beat this one. :ouch: Anybody got any pointers?

I'm not sure if this will help a lot, but I'll certainly try to explain how I did it.

Once I got past the white car, I let off the gas and coasted down the hill. Once I got past the apex, I got on the gas which gave me enough speed to get past the blue and red cars. After that I just drove the course with my normal driving line, and that took me past the yellow car. The black car was still ahead, but that didn't matter.

The key to Eau Rouge is not to break and keeping as much speed as possible into the straight. Get the car as close to the cones as possible and gun it through the curbs (while maintaining control).

The key to Eau Rouge is not to break and keeping as much speed as possible into the straight.

Bingo. You should be passing the red and blue cars by the time you get to the bridge above Eau Rouge (Or close thereafter). Brake late for the turn at the end of the straight and take the yellow car on the inside. This will set you up to overtake the black car on the inside on the next corner (e.i. the second to last). The final corner you will have to yourself.

Bingo. You should be passing the red and blue cars by the time you get to the bridge above Eau Rouge (Or close thereafter). Brake late for the turn at the end of the straight and take the yellow car on the inside. This will set you up to overtake the black car on the inside on the next corner (e.i. the second to last). The final corner you will have to yourself.

If you get through the uphill section fast enough you can overtake the yellow car and the black car. Right before the braking point at the end of the straight leaving you free to take the preferred line for the last few corners.

This is the only event that I found challenging to gold.

That white car in the beginning is there to keep you from getting a good entry to Eau Rouge. And then the last 2 cars are right in the way at the end.

The key is the braking point on the first chicane, which should be minimal at most, and staying in the draft as much as possible. Pass the Blue car on the left, and the Red on the right. You should be able to reach and pass the Yellow car braking before the first right, and pass the Black car on the second right.

Don't brake for Eau Rouge, you should be able to get up with only a slight lift as long as your line is good, missing the cones by millimeters. Then it's just slipstreaming before late braking into the last two corners, you should be able to pass the last two in the braking. Then the rest is simple enough.

Go full speed at the the first part of the eau roque,then lift off at the second part and don't let the car slide and then get on the power at the end of the corner.then draft the other cars and pass them and brake at the second corner behind the car behind the black car and overtake it.then don't mess up when you finishing the round and you don't have to overtake the black car anyway.i didnt overtake that car and I got gold.motegi was the pain in the freaking butt but I got gold in that one.

Don't brake for Eau Rouge, you should be able to get up with only a slight lift as long as your line is good, missing the cones by millimeters. Then it's just slipstreaming before late braking into the last two corners, you should be able to pass the last two in the braking. Then the rest is simple enough.

This is spot on.

Here's a replay of a 40.103 I ran earlier using that exact method. Hope it helps. :)

That's exactly how it happened for me. It's all about what you do when you pass the white car.

Back