8 GB Download Problem - PLEASE HELP

  • Thread starter Thread starter afcorseferrari
  • 10 comments
  • 1,111 views
Messages
2
Messages
N/A
Hey,

I had a question on the 8 GB download thing it HIGHLY RECCOMENDS and also about the Open Lobby HIGHLY RECCOMENDED download. What happens is when I start it, it goes fine, but then around the 1/3 mark when it says 4 minutes left it stalls. I've let it sit for 20 minutes and I tried pressing the circle button to cancel, but it froze!!! I had to restart the system.:ouch:

So what do I need to do to fix this? Get a new GT5 disc? Wait for a day? GET A NEW PS3? Please tell me!

Cheers
 
Well, when I did it, way back on release, it took me well over 2 hours and when said 50 seconds remaining it took over an hour.

I would just try it again
 
Yeah, The time remaining thing isn't accurate. The install took about 30 minutes for me. Don't always rely on the ETA because it doesn't work.

And I don't think it will let you cancel once you started.
 
Hey,

I had a question on the 8 GB download thing it HIGHLY RECCOMENDS and also about the Open Lobby HIGHLY RECCOMENDED download. What happens is when I start it, it goes fine, but then around the 1/3 mark when it says 4 minutes left it stalls. I've let it sit for 20 minutes and I tried pressing the circle button to cancel, but it froze!!! I had to restart the system.:ouch:

So what do I need to do to fix this? Get a new GT5 disc? Wait for a day? GET A NEW PS3? Please tell me!

Cheers

Maybe your HardDisc is Full or your GT 5 Disc is dirty


raVer
 
Agreed with the first coupke answerd the time is misleading. I think about 2 and a half hours for me too.
 
Time is almost always wrong. Mine said 45 minutes for a long time. Took about 1hour 20minutes.
 
I've let it sit for 20 minutes and I tried pressing the circle button to cancel,

Your nerve broke after twenty minutes? Lightweight :D

Seriously though, this initial process takes a loooong time. It doesn't help that the timer is very misleading - in fact it's plain wrong.

Expect to leave the process running for up to a couple of hours!
 
Everyone is correct - the timer is grossly inaccurate. Leave your PS3 alone, go for a bike ride, wash some clothes and take a nap and then it should be done. :p

Good luck, afcorseferrari.
 
Hey,

I had a question on the 8 GB download thing it HIGHLY RECCOMENDS and also about the Open Lobby HIGHLY RECCOMENDED download. What happens is when I start it, it goes fine, but then around the 1/3 mark when it says 4 minutes left it stalls. I've let it sit for 20 minutes and I tried pressing the circle button to cancel, but it froze!!! I had to restart the system.:ouch:

So what do I need to do to fix this? Get a new GT5 disc? Wait for a day? GET A NEW PS3? Please tell me!

Cheers

Open lobby download???
 
Not sure, but can you download the patch from your computer? Download to a flash disk then upload in PS3?
 
Open lobby download???

I'm curious about that too.... first time I've heard of it.

Not sure, but can you download the patch from your computer? Download to a flash disk then upload in PS3?

That only works for system updates, not game patches.
 
Back