8 gear Lexus IS F most UNDERRATED japanese car in the game

• Thread starter RiceBuster
  • 20 comments
tarheelz95
How is it that no1 ever uses this thing? I'm not even a lexus fan, I'm a VW-Audi-BMW guy, but this thing is a pretty well balanced car and respondes well to some good tuning. The Lexus IS F has 8 gears, not 5 or 6, but 8, and that means that there are some nice things that you can do with the gear ratios to make this car hang in there with the best of 'em. I think this is a great car for people that can't control a ford gt, ferrari, nissan gt, cars like that. This thing has amazing stability, cornering is good, and you can adjust the gear ratios to help with speed/ acceleration.
I actually tried out this tune, which seemed to enhance its abilities-
I tried this out with S3 tires, and also did well with R3 tires.

Hp 547 (+15)
Weight 1436 (%85)
Ride height -12, -8
Springs 6, 5
Damper 7, 4
Toe (out, in) -0.08, +0.04
Camber angle 1.2, 1.0
Brake balance 7, 6
Max turning angle 30
Traction control OFF
ABS 1 or OFF
Gear Ratio
1st 4.530
2nd 2.724
3rd 1.863
4th 1.511
5th 1.289
6th 1.032
7th 0.866
8th 0.740
Final Gear 3.390

Lemme know how it goes. I think this car can really surprise some people.

No one uses it because PD never give us an event it can compete in. I agree it's a nice car though, but I'm a sucker for a V8 sedan.:sly:

Hi

I tried your settings and they actually work quite well. Thank you very much for sharing those.

Kind Regards

Numer0bis

No one uses it because PD never give us an event it can compete in. I agree it's a nice car though, but I'm a sucker for a V8 sedan.:sly:

That is true, they never let us use it in an event where we can tune it. They had it in daytona but you couldn't tune it in that race- it was a beginner race.. Yea I'm not big in2 lexus at all but this car really surprised me and caught my attention.. I'm more of an audi guy, especially the R8, but sometimes I like to race something different and tune all different cars

Hi

I tried your settings and they actually work quite well. Thank you very much for sharing those.

Kind Regards

Numer0bis

No problem man, I have fun sharing any quick tunes that I find that work well and add to the fun of the game. Hopefully some more people find this useful

what circuit ???????

I actually used it on highspeed ring, fiji, and suzuka.. Being that it has such great cornering ability, it can handle well on any track. If you've got any type of talent you shouldn't really have any problems cornering while driving this car- its one of the easiest cars to drive in this game.

And if that is too expensive, a DFGT or DFP will suffice as well... use the DFP myself and its a whole lot of fun!! :)

is it really worth it? because i found a good deal on one and am close to buying it...

i agree with Paulie... there is no event to use the isf, and the eight gears are very hard to set up for my aggressive driving style... the is f is always outclassed on the straights because of the extra weight...

is it really worth it? because i found a good deal on one and am close to buying it...

i agree with Paulie... there is no event to use the isf, and the eight gears are very hard to set up for my aggressive driving style... the is f is always outclassed on the straights because of the extra weight...

Well, I am moving on to a G25 soon, but DFP and DFGT (which is a little better) are DEFINATELY worth it... a wheel in general is worth it. I was good on a sixaxis, but my skill with a wheel is WAY better now then with a sixaxis. I can go faster and overall control over the car is very good. This is something I could not achieve with a sixaxis. Now I know there are people who can go REALLY fast with a controller, but I wasnt one of them... I am faster with a wheel... :)

I actually used it on highspeed ring, fiji, and suzuka.. Being that it has such great cornering ability, it can handle well on any track. If you've got any type of talent you shouldn't really have any problems cornering while driving this car- its one of the easiest cars to drive in this game.

What kind of lap times at suzuka?

This thing is a beast on Eiger North with the right setup & very short gear ratios, even beats the tuned evo's.

The ISF is underated.
No events? Have you not noticed the Expert Fuji RWD event?

Yes a wheel is totally worth it!
I use to drive with a Six-axis, it was possible to keep with some fast wheel drivers, but not able top stick with the real fast driver's.
I have been using a G25 for about 3-4 weeks, I am able to put a car within millimetres of the wall now. Not to mention the wheel helps get the power down smoother and turn smoother.
:)

Latest Posts

Back