800PP Daytona oval TT

• Thread starter zodicus
  • 27 comments
Zodicus / GTP_Zodicus
Xbox me no like
I started a thread in the tuning fourm but then i kinda changed my mind on what i wanted to do with the thread some one mentioned it would be better placed here, i agree.

Id like to see how many GTP'ers we can get in the top ten for the daytona oval TT im in 5th ATM.

heres the post from the other thread

"ok I got her in the top 5 so time to share the set up, lets see if we cant get a all GTP top 10 :P There are some spots i know i could get those last few tenths but i just cant do it consistantly with the sixaxis so im hopping some of you wheel guys can do it for me :P (*cough* CWR *cough*)

well with out further a-do here it is a top 5 TT set up for daytona oval 800PP

tuned vette

power +23
weight 85%
tires R2/S2
aero 20/33
ridehight +10/-10 (no thats not a typo)
spring rate 9/10
damper 1/9
toe 0/0
camber -3.0/-3.0
brakes 0/3
max turn 45 deg
tc off
abs 2

1st 2.308
2nd 1.677
3rd 1.188
4th .896
5th .804
6th .300 (lol you wont need it anyway)
final 3.00

well there yah go give it a run and see if we cant get a all GTP top ten!!!"

That set up might not be for every one but its in the top 5 so its a good place to start i would asume :D

Last edited:
Just because I love oval racing doesn't mean I will be fast! I will def try to get 1st. Since you cannot hit the wall at all, it should be fair.

GL everyone

BTW:

Play around with your toe! It will help the car turn.

Last edited:
Haven't seen this event yet - I don't seem to see anywhere in here that you posted what car the tune is for - I love the Oval so I'll give this a shot.

well i dropped to 6th but i don't see any other GTP'ers on there common guys lets show them whats up GTP FTW!
Id also like to mention I'm the only American in the top ten, so if my countrymen are reading this if not for GTP do it for you're country!

I see another American up there with you now in the top 10 - I'll be trying this soon. Is the tuned Vette really the fastest car for that track? They must have tuned the daylights out of that one.

Couldn't agree with spyrrari more though, a TT for Daytona Oval is extremely boring. Would be fun if they just added about 7 other cars to go around the track so you can draft and add a random aspect to the TT.

hmmm.... actually it is; correct spelling would be rideheight :D

AMG.

actually i was refering to the settings them slefs, but thanks for the heads up on the spelling :P

IDK i dont really find it borring, to get the cars to run a fast time you have to set them up pretty loose so there kind of a hand full.

my theroy with the ride hight was two fold, one the front suspension is set softer then the rear and it did seam to help comming out of turn 4 where its kinda bumpy and two i was trying to "hide" the wing down the straites, idk if GT takes the aero part of its physics that far but it seams to run pretty good so mabye they do.

Last edited:
Might have to compare theese against my own ;). Will report results tomarrow.

EDIT: Mine is no good over 700pp. And you need to go in the corner for making such a devilish little creature!

60th so far, gonna start the reupgrading process ;)

Last edited:
Tried my best and only got up to 45th with a time just over 43secs. Might come back to it if I find the time - I think its really down to the tune at this point and figuring a way to shave a few more tenths to catch the leader.

I really wish they would show you the full tune for the top 10 after the event ends.

i learned alot just watching the replay from in the car, from what i can tell hes beatting me to the throttle in the center of the turn and thats where i loose him,. A side from that every other part seams equal i think i may even have him buy a few MPH going in to turn 1.

Same here. No matter how much closer I try I either get sideways or dont get it as quick as he does.

i learned alot just watching the replay from in the car, from what i can tell hes beatting me to the throttle in the center of the turn and thats where i loose him,. A side from that every other part seams equal i think i may even have him buy a few MPH going in to turn 1.

maybe thats his little trick...slow-ish in faster out:sly:

spyrrari.

funny thing i tried a few other cars yesterday and while my best lap is still buy far the vette, if they brought this event back at 800PP id prob use either the S2k or the viper. especially if they made it longer like they did the rest of the races. I had both the S2K and the viper running floor board deep all the way around on R1's and they both felt like they could take the corner faster but just don't have the power. I think that stability over the long run would win out over the vette's speed.

Honestly, I am also betting his tune is slightly different - toe in/out, camber, etc. seemed to make a huge amount of difference as to what the car could or couldn't do in the turns which is where I think this TT is decided.

A couple of funny things:

Just starting this event off can be a challenge because I would often lose it right as the word START comes up on the screen because the car would lurch and with S2's on the back at that speed just a little throttle would break the rear end free.

Late last night, I wanted to hop on the HSR to calm myself after this TT and hours of S-10 event attempts. I jumped on without checking which tune I was using and got stuck with this one. If you want an adventure, take this tune out on the 800PP HSR online event and try to keep up. :)

How is 64th? 400th off the leader. Somehow he can get to the throttle .0125 Faster than me, and he just blows by like a jet. I can get ahead of him in the center of T1 + T2, but he can get the throttle sooner. However, in Turn 4 he has too much wheel into it that it slows him down.

I need to work on the springs, maybe that will help me turn better in T2 and T4.

I will try again tomorrow night

Originally I was at 45th and now have been pushed all the way down to 100. Tried again last night and didn't have anymore luck - the current 1st place guy hits the wall in both turns with no apparent penalty. New events are coming on 9/5 so I doubt I'm gonna have anymore time to spend on this one.

Originally I was at 45th and now have been pushed all the way down to 100. Tried again last night and didn't have anymore luck - the current 1st place guy hits the wall in both turns with no apparent penalty. New events are coming on 9/5 so I doubt I'm gonna have anymore time to spend on this one.

yeah i went back to try again the other day and like the top 5 guys all hit the wall, damn cheaters.....

I tried,got up to 76th then shot back out of top 100 due to the wall surfers.I felt good about my lap,because it was clean.

once i saw the i guess wall riders, more like bumpers really i just gave up on the event. I'm not sure where my time is not but I'm sure its plummeted.

Last time I tried I was at 52 that was a good clean lap , no wall bumps no riding the apron of the track. Now I've fell to like 108

Back