80's Race?

  • Thread starter Thread starter srpst23
  • 5 comments
  • 765 views
Messages
121
I just recently restarted my GT4 game and was doing the Japan 80's race last night and one of the races had a Celica GT-R (ST 183, 4WS) '91 in it. That seems kind of odd to me seeing as the restriction is 80's cars only. Just curious if anyone knows anything about this or if other cars from the 90's have been seen in the series? I do think that I remember seeing this car in the Historic Used Car Lot a while back, but it could be me just overthinking things.

by the way the "search" function is just about worthless. anything that I look for either gives me 150+ replies or none. It is usually faster to just sift through the countless pages of threads.

Anyways it I would appreciate anyone's insight on this

Thanks
 
First off, welcome to the Planet!

srpst23
I just recently restarted my GT4 game and was doing the Japan 80's race last night and one of the races had a Celica GT-R (ST 183, 4WS) '91 in it. That seems kind of odd to me seeing as the restriction is 80's cars only. Just curious if anyone knows anything about this or if other cars from the 90's have been seen in the series? I do think that I remember seeing this car in the Historic Used Car Lot a while back, but it could be me just overthinking things.

I've seen it there too. In several races you will compete against cars that you personally cannot enter. When it says you have to use a production car, the AI shows up in concept cars. 80s? They will show up in cars from the 90s. It actually adds a little variety to the lineups (I think that was their intent), but it sucks if they dominate you with a car that you cannot match.

The car does show up for purchase, but in the Used Car I lot.

srpst23
by the way the "search" function is just about worthless. anything that I look for either gives me 150+ replies or none. It is usually faster to just sift through the countless pages of threads..

You just have to know how to ask it for what you want to find. Takes a little practice. Use the advanced search and tweak your requests a bit. Hopefully that helps. 👍
 
Yeah I knew about some of the other inconsistancies from reading some threads the other day. Its probably the only reason that I noticed it last night. The funny thing about it was that that Celica finished dead last. I do like them mixing up the line-ups each race, but I hate how they will some times put a car in a race that is so much faster than the other four that it forces you to change your car. For example the Roadster/spyder cup I was trying to beat with a stock MGF '97 which I could beat four of the cars, but had no chance at all against the elise that they kept putting in there. just kinda sucks to have to change you're car and have a race w/ just one other vehicle, when it is so much more fun to race the whole field
 
srpst23
...just kinda sucks to have to change you're car and have a race w/ just one other vehicle, when it is so much more fun to race the whole field

True that. But it kinda ends up naturally being that way when you only have a field of 6 cars, including yourself in a two or three lap race. Especially in the rolling starts. Some series are better than others in that regard.

Replaying the game a few times really makes you notice things like this. Try checking out the Race Reports portion of the forum for some competitive series ideas. I lurk in there a lot for inspriation.
 
i saw the same thing when i did that race. i was like wtf???!!! lol. ah well what can u do except win :P
 
never happend to me
 
Back