832hp supra vs zx10r

• Thread starter bigrosten
  • 23 comments
Yes I bought Tourist Trophy. The intent was to just have fun with it, but when I actually got it and started Playing I realized that I had to do this comparison, If it is liked there will definetly be more to come.

Starting out on El Capitan the Supra is simply overwhelming its soft sports tires. With 832hp at 5600rpm and 773ft,lb of torque down low at 3600rpm, very carefull throttle application is required. With a curb weight of just 1253kg, there is no way that even the King of 1 litre bikes can keep up with this straight line acceleration. This supra has been modified past what most people would ever do, if it can be do it has been and many hours have been spent tuning the suspension and brake balance. After a tire melting and sometimes slightly sideways lap the supra comes throught the start finish line with an impressive 1'58.618 not bad and it will take a lot for the zx to catch it.

Here it is, the most powerfull production 1 litre around. Just incase that is not enough this one has been equiped with a sports exhaust. Power is a crazy 180hp at 11700rpm and 86.87ft.lbs at 9500rpm. It weighs a mere 170kg wich puts it down with 600 class bikes, basically it is a 600 with the most pwerfull 1litre around mashed into it. This is enough power to make wheelies a breeze to start even in 5th gear, they can be continued through 6th if wanted... the object today is speed though, and despite the huge power it just cant match the supra on the bomb down the straights, maybe it can be made up for in the corners however. Pushing too hard on the first attempt the bike is laid down coming out of the tunnel on the first try. On the second lap though still puching hard there is more care taken on the bumpy sections of the course, this results in a lap time of 1'58.623.

This comparison was way closer than I would have ever imagined. I thought that the bike was going to absolutely take apart the supra when looking at it on paper. The bike was faster around the corners, but wow that is a lot of torque out of the supra.

Next sunday will be a test of cbr600 vs a stock ruf crt yellowbird around the track of tracks.... nurburgring nordshleife.

till next week... regards, Kyle

bigrosten
With a curb weight of just 1253kg, there is no way that even the King of 1 litre bikes can keep up with this straight line acceleration.
Ehhhhh... Wrong...

Nothing roadworthy on 4 wheels will accelerate as fast a litre bike.. Not even close...

bigrosten
yes... cars can beat bikes in a straight line... i will try to find the video for you of a tuned supra beating a hayabusa, which is faster than a 1litre in a straight line

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-2680844391035418824&q=hayabusa

http://www.toprpm.com/videos/Supra_vs_Hayabusa.wmv

look... i found two, please inform yourself or if you have a question be a bit more respectfull... thanks

Congratulations..

And it the video, it said "roll on".. And ok. I did use the term "road worthy" very lightly.. And those two Supras aren't exactly your daily drivers - Put them up against a build "road legal" Busa like PBs project 250 (or any other 400Bhp+ Bike out there) and the cars get smoked.. Dollar by Dollar, pound vs. pound - a car will never accelerate as fast as a bike.. At least not until you run into the problem of drag - Bikes and aerodynamics really don't mix very well...

That is true, that is how power to weight ratio works. That is not what my comparison was though. My comparison was a 800hp+ supra vs a zx10 with exhaust. Obviously that would not be a daily driver car either. Your statement was that no roadworthy car could accelerate like a 1litre sports bike. You are right though and a stock supra would not be a good race at all even against a bike such as the zx6r. That is why I did not use a stock supra. Perhaps a better test would have been a stock zonda vs zx10r though I think the zx would beat that pretty easily. I ride a 2001 zx6r and haven't met a car that can beat me yet, that being said I know that they are out there.

bigrosten
That is true, that is how power to weight ratio works. That is not what my comparison was though. My comparison was a 800hp+ supra vs a zx10 with exhaust. Obviously that would not be a daily driver car either. Your statement was that no roadworthy car could accelerate like a 1litre sports bike. You are right though and a stock supra would not be a good race at all even against a bike such as the zx6r. That is why I did not use a stock supra. Perhaps a better test would have been a stock zonda vs zx10r though I think the zx would beat that pretty easily. I ride a 2001 zx6r and haven't met a car that can beat me yet, that being said I know that they are out there.

At least you're a Green Meanie like myself - I ride a 1991 ZXR750R, currently being converted from somewhat track tool back into a street legal bike so that I can sell it, get the tax back (danish laws suck - don't ask) and then turn it into a real dedicated track tool.

The ZX6R RM bike from TT will beat any car in GT4 hands down - That thing is friggin' scary.... And surprisingly easy to ride actually....

And yes.. The chance of meeting a car on the road that'll take your bike are somewhere between slim and none - I've humiliated more than a couple of Porsches in my time.. (Will they ever learn ?... Heck - My first bike, a 600 Katana would do that to most cars...)

Cars are safer! Point proven. I'd rather go 200 mph in a car, than go 150 on a bike. And yes, there are 900+hp daily driven cars out there.

FastEddie12
(Alan Rickman, with best German accent): "I'm sorry, I must have missed 60 minutes"

The game TT has El Capitan?????????:eek:

Indeed it does.... Haven't ridden it yet though - That track scares me..

LastHours
Cars are safer! Point proven. I'd rather go 200 mph in a car, than go 150 on a bike. And yes, there are 900+hp daily driven cars out there.

You point being ?...

The only places you should be doing thoes speeds is where it's legal, and where it's legal there's often room for it.

Flerbizky
Congratulations..

And it the video, it said "roll on".. And ok. I did use the term "road worthy" very lightly.. And those two Supras aren't exactly your daily drivers - Put them up against a build "road legal" Busa like PBs project 250 (or any other 400Bhp+ Bike out there) and the cars get smoked.. Dollar by Dollar, pound vs. pound - a car will never accelerate as fast as a bike.. At least not until you run into the problem of drag - Bikes and aerodynamics really don't mix very well...

not really theres video of modded busa like turboed,stroked even nitrous powered losing to modified supra's,vipers's and there "street legal"

NiZmOsPeCv
not really theres video of modded busa like turboed,stroked even nitrous powered losing to modified supra's,vipers's and there "street legal"
Where's the link ?....

Just to let you guy's know that I have a 490bhp supra which has a top speed of 197mph. I take it to the Nurburgring six times per year. I have had a race with a quack 750 and kicked his arse bit time. I was putting my car into six when he was topping out at 168 mph My car is quite small compared to two of my mates. One is 825 bhp and has a top speed of 206 mph maybe more. I have done this for real on many occasions.

P.S. Its not the BHP that counts its the way that its set up through the gears boost pressure. Most of all in the real world its about keeping your engine as cool as you can. O yes and GT is a beast. ha ha ha

One more thing, cars are so much faster round the Nurburgring in real life than every bike i have ever seen their, fact. Best is the GT3 RS. I HAVE SEEN WHAT THEY DO TO BIKES THEIR.

Penni
Just to let you guy's know that I have a 490bhp supra which has a top speed of 197mph. I take it to the Nurburgring six times per year. I have had a race with a quack 750 and kicked his arse bit time. I was putting my car into six when he was topping out at 168 mph My car is quite small compared to two of my mates. One is 825 bhp and has a top speed of 206 mph maybe more. I have done this for real on many occasions.

P.S. Its not the BHP that counts its the way that its set up through the gears boost pressure. Most of all in the real world its about keeping your engine as cool as you can. O yes and GT is a beast. ha ha ha

One more thing, cars are so much faster round the Nurburgring in real life than every bike i have ever seen their, fact. Best is the GT3 RS. I HAVE SEEN WHAT THEY DO TO BIKES THEIR.

hmmmmm :rolleyes:

Penni
Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm! What?????????????????

hmmm as in when a guy who joined that day and has no posts to his name, writes in his first post that he races his 500hp supra at 197mph on a regular basis.

Im not implying anything, im just a little dubious.

rovens
hmmm as in when a guy who joined that day and has no posts to his name, writes in his first post that he races his 500hp supra at 197mph on a regular basis.

Im not implying anything, im just a little dubious.

HE! HE! HE! Yes I see your point. Well I have been looking at this forum now for the last year. The only reason I signed up is because of this discussion and thought I could shine some light on the subject. If I knew how to show ya picture I would. Not that clued up with this as its my first time.

Nice idea with this test. One thing that surprised me is that the bike was quicker in corners than the car. I would have expected it to be quite a bit slower in corners than the car. Even a racing bike on slicks can only do so much in the turns compared to a well set up car....

Any opinions on the cornering ability of bikes in TT? Too great? Does it seem fairly realistic on road tires? I've searched the TT forum for this kind of discussion but not found it, thought this might be a good place to talk about it as we have the comparison.... Thanks!

9ten
Mr. Nagata (head of Top Secret) does it all the time. :)

Yep, the creator of the legendary Top Secret GT300 Supra with which he went 190 mph in fourth gear in New-Zealand :eek:

710 HP at 9,000 rpm. , weights less than 1200 kg.

:drool:

Back