9 hours at Tsukuba...

United States
Ohio
TubbyBoy6919
Just finished this race, used a Skyline GT-R R32 TC, using RH tires, top speed set to 155 mph, and the LSD set too tight, 20,45,26!

After 547 laps, I finished 2 laps up, most laps turning 57:xx or so, and as the tires melted from being pushed through the corners, the times dropped off to 59:xx. Top speed down the back straight was 132mph. Most runs were between 20-25 laps, more being 20 though.

The second place car stayed within a lap of me until lap 400 or so, and he spun exiting turn 1, into the sand, entered the pits for a long pit stop after that.

I learned the LSD plays a huge role in the setup, with the tight corners of this track, the Acceleration and Braking settings were too high by half.

Also, I did not refuel the car at every stop. Ran the fuel down to 1/4 tank, then just added 20-25 liters depending upon my last run, basically 1 liter per lap. This kept the car fairly light.

Will I do this race again? Don't think so, too many laps on a short track, it wasn't much fun at all. Maybe I will give the 24 hr Ring a go in a few weeks...

Back